• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
US-actor-Will-Smith-kicks-010.jpg

I said DAYUM. Fucking 3 month break. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

And that was for a pretty uneventful season when you think about it :D

Every time I watch Suarez's goal against Newcastle, I'm more impressed. It has what I look for most in a goal, and why RVP's goal is the only one (imo) that stands next to it from this season, and that is exceptionaly audacity. Wilfully attempting the exceptionally difficult to catch the other team by surprise.

Mastadon

Banned

Every time I watch Suarez's goal against Newcastle, I'm more impressed. It has what I look for most in a goal, and why RVP's goal is the only one (imo) that stands next to it from this season, and that is exceptionaly audacity. Wilfully attempting the exceptionally difficult to catch the other team by surprise.

Uneventful in terms of competitions, but fuck me I really enjoyed watching us play this year.

Uneventful in terms of competitions, but fuck me I really enjoyed watching us play this year.

Yeah, we need to marry that with extra efficiency and a tighter defense though. With Everton changing manager, anything less than 6th is simply not good enough next tear.

Something that stuck out was the lack of highlights from games against the top 6. Need to fix that.

Arnie

I'll probably end up pre-ordering the PS4. I'll be sucked into the drama. Would be the first console launch when I'm a full time earner living on my own, got to do it.

Spurs gang of bro's:

BLH5RByCIAI4MyL.jpg

GorillaJu

On top of the way he takes it on his shoulder, the way he then controls the ball and makes two good players look like buffoons is pretty crazy. The angle was so unforgiving, too. I mean it was a fine long pass by Enrique, but the body angles had to be perfect - the margin of error was microscopic.

I'll probably pre-order a PS4, but I don't think Japanese retailers do pre-orders until a firm price is known.

LTWheels

For me its still to early to decide what I'm going to pre-order. We don't know the price of either consoles yet, release date, or even what games will be available on launch or later on.

Dat technique.

Straight standing leg, loose striking foot, wrong angle on the striking foot unless he's trying to get unpredictable movement on the ball, flailing balancing arm, straight hips, no lean. I'd love to see the result of that kick :D

The left arm position looks okay though :p

Feorax

For me its still to early to decide what I'm going to pre-order. We don't know the price of either consoles yet, release date, or even what games will be available on launch or later on.

Personally, I've seen enough from Sony to be happy they'll have the content I want, but I completely get that some people aren't sure yet.

Hopefully E3 will help people make up their minds.

Looking forward to seeing the ad tonight too.

Still not decided about next gen. Leaning towards going all in on a gaming PC. How much would it cost to build a good gaming PC?

You can probably build something pretty solid for about £600.

Infamous and Killzone at launch would make me preorder I think. Add in Logitech GT Force support for DriveClub, and I'll probably get that as well

I'd be very surprised if they weren't both launch titles.

Killzone looked awesome, not much of an Infamous fan myself but did buy the original after the conference back in Feb and got the second on PS+...

fuenf

#UCL-Final. Line up: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Martinez, Schweini - Robben, Müller, Ribéry - Mandzukić | ^M.Hörwick #packmas

GorillaJu

I imagine XBO and PS4 will be like American football and football. PS4 will be less popular in the US, it won't be the thing that every American and their dog is into, but in terms of games it'll tie the world together. There's no way Microsoft can keep a global appeal for XBO, especially considering that the all of the TV features require you to be in the US. There's also the issue that households outside of NA are generally much smaller, and there's not much room for a Kinect either. If they aren't prepared to allow independent retailers to buy/sell used games, then they will be dead before they even launch in Japan (software is super, super expensive here, many people rely on the used games market entirely).

I enjoy the huge, excessive and bombastic NFL, but my allegiance is with the subtler, more elegant and far more internationally engaging sport. I'm anticipating XBO and PS4 to be equivalent.

BigBoss

I only know some of those words

In summary, its a 5 year contract worth 7 million euros per year for Neymar, could be announced tomorrow after the game with Espanyol or Monday. He decided on Barcelona over Real Madrid, not a difficult decision, who would want to play for Madrid.

Messi

In summary, its a 5 year contract worth 7 million euros per year for Neymar, could be announced tomorrow after the game with Espanyol or Monday. He decided on Barcelona over Real Madrid, not a difficult decision, who would want to play for Madrid.

I read this without seeing your name and by the end I knew without looking that you wrote it lol

Slowly getting nervous. 12 years of youth football helps to keep it down over the day but I'll await total craziness 10 minutes before kick-off lol

Milchjon

I enjoy the huge, excessive and bombastic NFL, but my allegiance is with the subtler, more elegant and far more internationally engaging sport. I'm anticipating XBO and PS4 to be equivalent.

There is nothing more elegant in all of sports than a perfect American football spiral in slow motion.

LTWheels

I'm not really interested in any of the games of either console yet. Quantum Break looks like it could be interesting, but need to know what it actually is. I don't expect it to be a launch game though. I need to see more of Drive Club to find out how similar it is to PGR.

I hope one of the consoles has a fighting game as a launch title. They are really good for showing off the consoles graphics. Has so much fun buying DOA2 with my PS2.

Also would like to see if the xbox will have a fantasy football app that updates in real time for the premiere league like they showed for American football. I would get a ton of use out of that.

Linius

Okay, gotta give him credit for that :lol

Carbonox

I'm definitely preordering the PS4. Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs and FIFA 14, plus Killzone and hopefully Infamous Second Son = winner winner chicken dinner.

Batman and GTAV are the next and last PS3 games I buy...ever unless they get announced for PS4 as well.

GorillaJu

I'm not really interested in any of the games of either console yet. Quantum Break looks like it could be interesting, but need to know what it actually is. I don't expect it to be a launch game though. I need to see more of Drive Club to find out how similar it is to PGR.

I hope one of the consoles has a fighting game as a launch title. They are really good for showing off the consoles graphics. Has so much fun buying DOA2 with my PS2.

Also would like to see if the xbox will have a fantasy football app that updates in real time for the premiere league like they showed for American football. I would get a ton of use out of that.

You know what else has fantasy football updates? The fantasy football website, which I can view on any number of portable devices, on a separate screen. This is my problem with Microsoft's announcement - they're just attempting to invade my TV with shit that I can already do on more convenient devices...

Wilbur

Banned
I'll probably end up pre-ordering the PS4. I'll be sucked into the drama. Would be the first console launch when I'm a full time earner living on my own, got to do it.

Spurs gang of bro's:

BLH5RByCIAI4MyL.jpg

i cannot see my screen

for my ejaculate obscures my sight

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Either he'll end up as a great player. Or he's complete shit. I can't see anything in between :p

Can't wait till Messi bitch slaps him after he takes a horrible shot instead of passing.

Monaco is my new favorite team anyway

-always thought AVB looked like Messi

Feorax

There's a rumour Sony have invested in the development of a new Bloody Road game, lol.

Watching the CL final at my mum and dad's house. Just watched an iguana sneeze in 3D. Shit's messed up...

Can't wait till Messi bitch slaps him after he takes a horrible shot instead of passing.

Monaco is my new favorite team anyway

-always thought AVB looked like Messi

I swear to God, if Neymar's fannying about leads to a decline in the joy of watching Messi play, I'll swim over there and slowly smash his head in with a teaspoon.

@Shake, that's the fear. Everything since that reveal has been either underwhelming, or worrying imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom