• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i9fdgWwi3302k.gif

Zola still has it.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 2s

Sergio Aguero has signed a one-year contract extension at Man City - tying him to the club until 2017.

Aguero until 2017. The bad news is Real will nab Cavani in response lol.

Waiting for dc to come in on this.

GorillaJu

I don't understand the hate for David Cage - it's not as if people are falling hand over fist to rush to copy his games. Even if you don't like how his games play (which is understandable), the fact that he puts so much effort and resources into following his vision, which is certainly unique, makes him cool.

I can see why people hate his games for their game play or the fact that they're so cinematic, but I think him getting blame as some sort of figurehead for the melding of games and movies is unfair and misguided. Adventure games have been around for what, 3 decades now?

Heavy Rain is insurmountable in its ability to wind people up. I shrug my shoulders. I really liked it - not one of my favorite games ever, but totally cool in my book.

I don't understand the hate for David Cage - it's not as if people are falling hand over fist to rush to copy his games. Even if you don't like how his games play (which is understandable), the fact that he puts so much effort and resources into following his vision, which is certainly unique, makes him cool.

I can see why people hate his games for their game play or the fact that they're so cinematic, but I think him getting blame as some sort of figurehead for the melding of games and movies is unfair and misguided. Adventure games have been around for what, 3 decades now?

Heavy Rain is insurmountable in its ability to wind people up. I shrug my shoulders. I really liked it - not one of my favorite games ever, but totally cool in my book.

Exactly. Like it or not, he's pioneering a new genre, and offshoot of today's industry. He's not changing the other genres

Joe Root is my waifu

I hope Bayern get Ovrebo'd.

@Arnie, I think you posted about a fan video for Liverpool's season, but I can't find it :( Help a brutha out :p

Also, Lucas is slowly but surely getting back to his prior level, as is Reina. Its madness to consider selling them for anything less than silly money

PowderedToast

i think it's his arrogance and the whole "games were just about guns before i made them about emotion" eyerolling bullshit he keeps spewing

Meier

What are his wages? Between him and Yaya, City doing well holding onto their best players.
Who knows. I think the rumors before were around £175k. I think he'll bounce back next season. He's creating chances again but has not been as clinical this year. Hopefully he can get fully healthy over the summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Heavy Rain is just a video game version of The Room.

I respect what Cage is trying to do but his terrible writing means it can never work. The Walking Dead takes a giant shit on both Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain simply because the script is so much better.

GorillaJu

i think it's his arrogance and the whole "games were just about guns before i made them about emotion" eyerolling bullshit he keeps spewing

Eh, who cares?

Who in their right mind gets affected by things that artists, developers, or whoever say in public? People say shit. It doesn't matter. What matters is the product that he makes. Feels like when I defend Rodgers' shit-talking in this thread.

Come to think of it... is Brendan Rodgers the David Cage of football? :lol

GorillaJu

Heavy Rain is just a video game version of The Room. A terrible piece of writing.

I respect what Cage is trying to do but his writing means it can never work. The Walking Dead takes a giant shit on both Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain.

Well it's subtler and better in many respects, including voice work. But they're played very differently from each other, and the fact that Heavy Rain is more grounded in a real-world scenario makes it easier to scrutinize.

Just because there's a game that does one particular thing better, doesn't diminish the lesser of the two. It's still a valuable experience in its own right.

GQman2121

Banned
Heavy Rain is a game that can grab you, urging you to see it through.

However, if you go back and play for a second time, everything falls apart. The actions of the characters make little to no sense, and while there were some brilliantly directed tense moments (crawling through glass), it's all for nil if you don't believe in the characters motivations.

Also, French kids can't do American accents.

Feorax

Put down my deposit for my ps4 today. Can't wait now, properly hyped for the next generation.

If anyone here wants to add me on PSN, my username MattIgoe. Not getting rid of the ps3 just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom