• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

arrived at the biggest sports bar in Shanghai , place is pretty packed with bayern supporters (myself included ). big change from last year when it was
pretty even .in any case , go bayern, fuck Dortmund

Fergie

Banned
Another solider stabbing in Paris it seems, North African-origin with sources hinting at the person being Muslim.

What is going on.

Arnie

I'll be getting a PS4 but jesus, Killzone looks utterly guff. The graphics are great, but the gameplay is about as next generation as my butthole. Imagine if the next generation of Fifa was Fifa 13, but with slightly nicer graphics. That's the new Killzone.

Timurid

rRnbHWsIf0MfuySB.jpg

Pretty neat

Chipotle

Thanks for recommending Sky Bet. Used my free bet on any Bayern player to score an own goal for mega winnings, hilarity and fuck Bayern

Carbonox

Another solider stabbing in Paris it seems, North African-origin with sources hinting at the person being Muslim.

What is going on.

Won't be the last incident we hear similar to this and the London one. There are no doubt a shit ton of these people out there with a screw loose and willing to attack someone in a similar manner, moreso because of two people doing this now.

Fergie

Banned
Nothing really, two nutcases in London attacked a soldier and now someone in Paris has likely copied them.

Won't be the last incident we hear similar to this and the London one. There are no doubt a shit ton of these people out there with a screw loose and willing to attack someone in a similar manner, moreso because of two people doing this now.

I know bros, it's just fucking saddening.

Bumhead

Banned
I wasn't going to bother with a PS4 at launch as I already have a pretty beefy gaming PC, but I know once the hype starts building I won't be able to handle it and will cave in. If its anything less than £400 I'm in day one I think.

LTWheels

You know what else has fantasy football updates? The fantasy football website, which I can view on any number of portable devices, on a separate screen. This is my problem with Microsoft's announcement - they're just attempting to invade my TV with shit that I can already do on more convenient devices...

The fantasy football website doesn't work half the time, it's always closed down in the middle of games. The app is crap. I think its pretty cool to have it up on my big tv along side the game i'm already watching updating in real time, instead of constantly refreshing my phone to see the website is not working.

I would also like to put BBC's live text auto updates on the screen as well instead of having to constantly refresh my phone, as every few mins the screen turns black and the website no longer auto updates.

I'll be getting a PS4 but jesus, Killzone looks utterly guff. The graphics are great, but the gameplay is about as next generation as my butthole. Imagine if the next generation of Fifa was Fifa 13, but with slightly nicer graphics. That's the new Killzone.

That's what next-gen FIFA will be.

Not sure why Killzone gets targeted for it when you know every other FPS will follow the status quo and everyone will jizz over them. And KZ already feels unique.

I know bros, it's just fucking saddening.

Of course, I don't think the media is helping though. All of this talk of 'banding together' and being strong is a bit much, it's likely scaring the public into thinking this is a bigger deal than it more than likely is.

Feorax

But dem vista's...

I agree really. Like COD, killzone is mindless fun, but probably not the best way to experience next gen. One to pick up on the cheap later on.

I reckon I'll go for Infamous and Knack. I'm a sucker for platforming.

Arnie

That's what next-gen FIFA will be.

Not sure why Killzone gets targeted for it when you know every other FPS will follow the status quo and everyone will jizz over them. And KZ already feels unique.
No it won't, just like FIFA this generation isn't anything like last.

Killzone doesn't feel unique. Killzone 2 did, but Killzone 3 just felt like a poor COD imitation. Killzone's just a highly average shooter that's propped up because of it's graphics and its status as a first party title.
But dem vista's...

I agree really. Like COD, killzone is mindless fun, but probably not the best way to experience next gen. One to pick up on the cheap later on.

I reckon I'll go for Infamous and Knack. I'm a sucker for platforming.
Killzone's nowhere near as fun as COD, and even that's tired now.

Killzone doesn't feel unique. Killzone 2 did, but Killzone 3 just felt like a poor COD imitation. Killzone's just a highly average shooter that's propped up because of it's graphics and its status as a first party title.

He probably means FIFA 14 will basically be an updated FIFA 13.

Fintan

Off to watch the Final in a friend's house, can't wait. Got money on Dortmund.

I loved the feeling of the shooting/movement in Killzone 2, but I guess most people didn't because they completely changed it for 3.

Arnie

Nigri pls

@Arnie, fair enough with KZ3, but I think they'll move back towards the heavier feel of KZ2. 3 was really disappointing. The multiplayer designer from 2 is back as well, so hopefully they'll get that magic back as well.
I enjoyed 2, but it wasn't a special multiplayer title. I got to the maximum rank, enjoyed my time with it, but of the smorgasbord of multiplayer titles I played last generation it doesn't rank that highly.

He probably means FIFA 14 will basically be an updated FIFA 13.
I doubt it.

Their next generation engine is ready for debut in the next-generation version of 14. They didn't develop their new engine for last generation until 08/09 if I remember correctly.They seem far more prepared this time around. As do PES.
I loved the feeling of the shooting/movement in Killzone 2, but I guess most people didn't because they completely changed it for 3.

I quite enjoyed it, but there was a part of me that thought it was stupid because it neutered some level of reaction based skill. I think ADS in shooters is stupid anyway. Absolutely dumb. I grew up playing Counter Strike and Halo, and in my opinion they'll always be the better games for fostering skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom