• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Shaqiri and his fam. His bro is pretty big too haha.

BLggY5F.jpg

Shaqiri Ballon d'Or 2015 runner-up.

Mordovia who have been relegated already, meaningless game too for Loko as they're already guaranteed their worst finish in the history of the Russian League.

Coincidence it's the least Loskov has ever played for them? What an idiot coach.

Arnie

Now that you mention it, a few Lazio players received death threats. 'Lose the game or you will die'

Can we send death threarts to our strikers? 'SCORE or you will die'.

Vucinic 'Run and trackback or you will die'
Giovinco 'If you take Del Piero's number, you will die'
Qua 'Leave or you will die'
Matri 'You will die either way for dating Federica Nargi'
Llorente 'xoxoxo'

I love this about Italian football, it's on another scale.

It's the last remaining vestige of the Roman empire, a reminder that 300 is based on a true story, a window into Di Canio's brain. Football's about passion until the death. Well, it's not, but Italy does a great job of pretending it is.

It makes the ridiculous amount of hours I waste consuming football related information seem in some way useful, or valid. More death threats, I say.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

It's the last remaining vestige of the Roman empire, a reminder that 300 is based on a true story, a window into Di Canio's brain. Football's about passion until the death. Well, it's not, but Italy does a great job of pretending it is.

It makes the ridiculous amount of hours I waste consuming football related information seem in some way useful, or valid. More death threats, I say.

I wish I could favorite this post. Copa Libertadores is pretty intense too. Ronaldinho is playing in it

Peco

I'll kill you.

Zabojnik

That's what so sad about the state of italian football. The passion is there, it always has been and likely always will be, but everything else sucks, starting with the stadiums. A WC or EC has to take place in Italy sooner rather than later, it's the only thing that could break the status quo on the issue. Doesn't seem likely though. The alternative is waiting for the clubs to wake up and invest their own money, like we and now Udinese are doing. That'll take decades ...

Pachimari

We are running out of options. :(

We need a top class striker and:

Falcao > Monaco
Neymar > FC Barcelona
Lewandowski > Bayern

Cavani is the one left but he's the one we want.

Please don't say Suarez! I rather Rooney then.

But top priority should be Cavani, Carvajal and a midfielder. I don't understand this obsession with Bale. Yes he's great but we don't NEED to invest a ton of money for that position.

Peco

That's what so sad about the state of italian football. The passion is there, it always has been and likely always will be, but everything else sucks, starting with the stadiums. A WC or EC has to take place in Italy sooner rather than later, it's the only thing that could break the status quo on the issue. Doesn't seem likely though. The alternative is waiting for the clubs to wake up and invest their own money, like we and now Udinese are doing. That'll take decades ...
Italia 90 ruined us, so no thanks.

Congratz Bayern-GAF, I'm really glad you guys ended up winning the trophy after three finals. The Robben goal was so strange when you think about what happened a year ago, I'm happy for him too.

--

There are journalists talking about Pato returning to Milan, seeing how Pazzini won't be available until late September-October. And if we don't get him, we'll try to buy Matri (if Allegri stays) or Borriello (if Allegri leaves). The Poli affair is still suspended because of the Allegri situation, if he'll stay then we'll get him, otherwise we probably won't.

We're also after Honda, apparently.

FootballFan

He disappears in big matches. Suárez is who I'd want if I were Madrid. Doesn't matter to us though, Barça will have La Liga on lock now that Mou is gone.

He has hat tricks against pretty much every Italian team except maybe juve?

And he carried napoli out of the group of death in the CL last time. Andres pls

Standings before today's games.
87ydqqN.png

Live standings with current scores at half time.
4 Spartak 51
5 Kuban 51
6 Rubin 50
7 Terek 48
8 Dinamo 48

Dinamo missing Europe might convince them to sell Kokorin to us. Wouldn't be the worst outcome. It would still be nice if Spartak missed out though. Kuban will regret not scoring a second goal when Anzhi sub on Eto'o for the second half.

looooooool

I've not even put the Papadopoulos gifs in the Liverpool folder, and there's actual tangible, credibly sourced, concrete interest in that one. As opposed to your little embarrassing fantasy.

I'll admit, taking out the Rumbo gifs out of the Manchester folder was pretty shameful.

I'm joking about Ronaldo to annoy off Madrid fans and Pulga.

3akqUcc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom