• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

Ok the transfer market has begun. We make two calculations of how much money has been invested to June 2013.

Manchester City

Jesus Navas € 20.000.000
Fernandinho € 37.000.000

.___.

Fernandinho 37 million? City gone crazy, that amount is ridiculous for a player who is not world class, at all.

About Navas, he has a very fragile personality, with severe anxiety problems when he is far from his familiar environment. He has been working with psychologists for years. I predict problems of adaptation for him. And Navas is definitely not the guy who learns English in six months, more the weather, change of habits, Manchester and Seville are completely different...

TL:DR: 57 million euro thrown in the trash. Moyes redeemed.

Linius

U11vYFK.gif

Linius

blind is a good footballer, but a very weak defender, imo.

He really improved over the last season. I called him a lot of names over the seasons he played for us but last season he really did it. Solid defending and also good at attacking. He's becoming a complete defender.

Just don't think back about the times every winger used to run past him like he wasn't there :p

Arsenal are really going into this window talking the talk.

Apparently they are in for Fellaini and Gazidis says they can pay a £25m fee and £200k a week in wages.

Tc91

I think Navas is over his chronic homesickness now anyway, they hired a psychologist to help him with it and I heard that the coaching staff said if you really want to continue doing what you love you have to get over it.

People forget he spent time in South Africa winning the World Cup and also he spent time in Poland of all places to win the Euro's.

He helped set up the winner even. He also played at Euro 2012. The anxiety and homesick issues are a thing of the past.. just stuff that is thrown around by supporters of other clubs chatting shit.

Fernandinho isn't world class? The numbers say otherwise. Anyone who has actually watched him says otherwise.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...istics/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2012-2013

Oh look, the best player on that list plays in Russia. 4 years younger and he was cheaper than Fernandinho too. Dat Anzhi transfer policy.

I think Navas is over his chronic homesickness now anyway, they hired a psychologist to help him with it and I heard that the coaching staff said if you really want to continue doing what you love you have to get over it.

People forget he spent time in South Africa winning the World Cup and also he spent time in Poland of all places to win the Euro's.
The truth is nobody actually knows.

Going away for tournaments is one thing. Moving to a new country altogether is different. It's obv that at one stage he had severe issues but over time they have abated. Good for him - its sad for anybody to be bound by that.

But there is obv some doubt there.

Damn it, I missed the U21s game! Is there highlights on later?

There was a former League of Ireland player at my regular 7 a side tonight, that was fun. And tiring.

image.php

What are you looking forward to at E3, Bungie?

I'll leave the jokes for now and answer this seriously.

Rome Total War 2 - I want to get back into the TW series, and this looks incredible.
Destiny - Better fucking come to PC
South Park: The Stick of Truth
SC: Blacklist - Can't believe I'm saying this one, but Spies vs Mercenaries in PT and CT is one of my favourites games ever. Me and my brother used to play next to each other on our PCs.
The Witcher 3
Civ V: BNW
And hopefully Fallout 4

edit: and AC Black Flag. I hate Assassin's Creed, but I love pirate stuff in general. I'm hoping it's more pirate stuff and less assassin's stuff, especially assassin's creed stuff like space sun gods and all that stupid shit. I just want to sail the across Caribbean plundering the shit out of everthing. Is that too much to ask?

pulga

Banned
So, Cristiano is being a bitch, according to the ever accurate Marca, and asking between 18-20 million euros and 100% image rights.

Give him the image rights, pay him 15 million and get this shit over with.

Meier

Ferna against Juve:

iKVIGPsrQmzco.png

Yes please. I am salivating over seeing him and Yaya boss the midfield together for the next few years.

Meier

That's why I said it was bullshit that they would sell Mkhitaryan to Liverpool for only £22 million. If someone wants him, they'll have to pay the full release clause.

Yeah, it's a nice dream but they have less and less reason to sell him now that they've cashed in on Willian and Fernadinho within 4 months. Wellington Nem for 9 million, Fernando probably won't cost them much more.. phew. With Mino as Mkhitaryan's agent as well now? There's no way he'll go for anything less than his release clause.

Arsenal have moved ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United in the battle to sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton and the Belgium midfielder is giving serious consideration to moving to the Emirates Stadium.

Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, confirmed The Times’s revelations from January on Wednesday of a buyout clause in Fellaini’s contract, enabling him to leave Goodison Park if the club receive an offer of a stipulated sum from a Champions League club, and Arsenal plan to exercise that £24 million option.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport...e3784741.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_06_06

Would be nice.

Meier

*drools*

dem golden striiiipes!

Still think it looks ugly as hell but it's slightly better in this photo than others posted before.

Good for Arsenal fans if any of this actually happens. I know a fair few of them and they'd of course be thrilled.

Bumhead

Banned
The Blades have spent 4 weeks interviewing every tinpot manager and even some non-managers going (Robert Page, Wally Downes and Keith Curle to name a few) and look set to give the job to Chris Morgan afterall..

Chris-Morgan-Sheff-Utd.gif

Comedy club. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow now. The office Blunts will be on suicide watch and I'm off to the bookies to stick a tenner on them getting relegated to League Two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom