• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

The Blades have spent 4 weeks interviewing every tinpot manager and even some non-managers going (Robert Page, Wally Downes and Keith Curle to name a few) and look set to give the job to Chris Morgan afterall..

Chris-Morgan-Sheff-Utd.gif

Comedy club. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow now. The office Blunts will be on suicide watch and I'm off to the bookies to stick a tenner on them getting relegated to League Two.

Few bigger cunts in the world.

Hope he dies.

Missed out on those 18/1 odds on Fellaini to Arsenal. I was refreshing twitter waiting for to see if the anything came up and then right before it did "betting suspended"

flippedb

Banned
If Milan's kit ends up getting golden player names/numbers, I'll buy a shirt with "BUTTRAPER - 69" on the back. It would only be appropriate.

jtb

Banned
Fellaini is exactly what we need. Wonder how much his release clause is... he moved for a pretty big fee to Everton, right? Can't see it being too cheap.

Bumhead

Banned
Few bigger cunts in the world.

Hope he dies.

I don't.

Agent Morgs has got work to do.

Stage one was completing United's seventh play-off collapse, and he's done a sterling job since then waiting patiently in the wings while the club leads their fans down the garden path with dream names like Kenny Jacket and that bloke from Australia who called them "Prehistoric".

Over to you, Captain Elbows.

Clegg

Chill.

If we want him all we need to do is bid the same.

Ya. But I'm not too sure if we actually want him or not.

If we aren't interested then we'd be missing a step imo. But I suppose if we don't bid for him then Moyes must have his reasons.

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 6m

Arsenal's Fellaini bid was made yesterday - same day that Martinez was appointed new Everton manager.
Interesting

Ya. But I'm not too sure if we actually want him or not.

If we aren't interested then we'd be missing a step imo. But I suppose if we don't bid for him then Moyes must have his reasons.

Interesting
Like I said yesterday if we're signing Strootman I don't want Fellaini, one or the other.

A second midfield signing has to be more adventurous and technically capable in the final third.

Gimme dat Thiago.

phaze

Arsenal are really going into this window talking the talk.

Apparently they are in for Fellaini and Gazidis says they can pay a £25m fee and £200k a week in wages.

Goal.com say they have a "monster" story about Arsenal coming up.

Maybe this will actually be the summer in which Arsenal throw the shackles off and re-enter the top market.

Dare I let myself believe?

Goal say Arsenal have already triggered Fellaini's release clause, £22m.
Me when scrolling through this page.
reactionjcur8.gif

I really,really want to believe.

Clegg

Like I said yesterday if we're signing Strootman I don't want Fellaini, one or the other.

A second midfield signing has to be more adventurous and technically capable in the final third.

Gimme dat Thiago.

Provided we sign Strootman would a second midfield signing be likely?

I can't see us signing Strootman for £15m and then sitting him on the bench while we have Carrick/Thiago in midfield.

If we sign Thiago then we might also see a change in tactics.

Clegg

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 2m

Key to Fellaini deal is that buy-out clause is £22million for a club who finished in top four.

The signing couldn't have been possible without Spurs.

kharma45

I can't see us signing Strootman for £15m and then sitting him on the bench while we have Carrick/Thiago in midfield.

Still pretty likely, we're still too thin on quality in the midfield. Plus it'd allow us more formation flexibility and the ability to rotate without worrying about weakening the team as much.

DominoKid

YES.

Going for Fellaini is a clear sign of Arsenal's intentions, hes exactly what they need.

I'd love the league to be nice and tight this year with the top four (5, Spurs?) all really close. Gimme some entertainment and drama damn it.

pulga

Banned

Shouldnt a change in tactics be a given considering its Moysey now?

*drools*

dem golden striiiipes!

Meh, white or black ones look better on your shirt.

Clegg

Moyes is still on holiday, right? Sneaky time to make a bid Arsene.

Sandro will be injured so we may never see it :p

Moyes could use his phone to contact United if he wanted us to match Arsenal's offer.

It's not like he needs to be at his office for a transfer to be done.

kharma45

Got my PWC assessment centre thing tomorrow, anyone else done one with them? Seems odd that the Belfast branch for consulting don't seem to do an interview at this stage.

pulga

Banned
dc89 ‏@dc898 5h
Fuck them cunts on GAF hating Txiki and his transfer fees. Jelly of the money.

lololollololololololololololol

Meier

Did you guys see Isco pulling a Iscoinho in the spain match? Didn't know he could do that. What a gem of a player.

The cross to the back post was godly. That little reverse nutmeg was beautiful. He is an absolute player.. I'm remaining hopeful that he'll follow his footballing father.

Plasma

Banned
Fellaini would be just the player we need in midfield, strong, can cover the back four and it also good at playing the ball.

Meier

I already love Ferna even more than before.

Fernandinho, the Brazil midfielder, waived £4m worth of assorted payments owed to him by Shakhtar Donetsk in order to force through a move to Manchester City.

City still ended up paying around £30m for their main summer transfer target, more than they hoped, but their conviction that the money has been invested in a stellar character as well as a top player appeared vindicated when the combative deep‑lying playmaker sacrificed such a large sum.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/06/fernandinho-signs-manchester-city-sport

Legend. The link also says that Navas is in America with the Spanish squad (prep for the Confederation's Cup I imagine) but will have his medical done there shortly and that will seal the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom