• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinan

Flipped back to Italy-Czech Republic at the end and missed Aleks score off a FK it turns out. Bummer!

I didn't realize how big of a deal Ukraine beating Montenegro was for England's chances.

You do realize how much this has increased Ukraine's chances? We have 4 games left, two of them against san marino.

Clegg

Robbie Keane has scored 59 goals in 126 appearances for Ireland.

Of current internationals only Drogba and Miroslav Klose have better scoring records.

Meier

The commentary in this Portugal-Russia game is unusual. I think the guy is French because he has a pretty thick accent (might be simulcast from a Canadian network.. I know TSN have been showing some of those Euro U-21 games on ESPN3) but it also seems like there is no color commentator beside him. Weird to only ever hear 1 voice talking.

rodvik

Robbie Keane has scored 59 goals in 126 appearances for Ireland.

Of current internationals only Drogba and Miroslav Klose have better scoring records.

Keane = legend. Top man. I am still grateful for his loan spell goals which helped keep us up.

Maybe he'll add some quality to midfield. But at the same time he isn't that kind of special talent that will advance the team to the next level.

So far we've signed Zaha and Varela, two young players with the potential to get better. But they won't be vital to our team for next season. I still think we need that special signing to strengthen our first team.

At first I thought we only needed to add depth to midfield and we'd be set for next season. But City and Chelsea are upping the ante with their signings. We'll still compete at the very top but its imperative we strengthen this summer.

If we splurge on a name I want it to be on a winger. I want us to buy young promising midfielders (Strootz + Thiago) and a balls out winger who'll make me remember what it's like to have competent wide players again.

Linius

He apparently has 34 in 59 games. Better rate of conversion but far less. Podolski has 46 in 110.. amazing how many caps he has at age 28.

Huntelaar scored a lot of those in games he only got to play 30 minutes or so. He's lethal in an orange jersey.

Clegg

If we splurge on a name I want it to be on a winger. I want us to buy young promising midfielders (Strootz + Thiago) and a balls out winger who'll make me remember what it's like to have competent wide players again.
I don't think there are many wingers that would significantly improve on our current options though. Bale isn't a available and isn't really a winger any more. I don't think Di Maria will leave Madrid either. Reus won't leave Dortmund so soon, Schurrle is going to Chelsea and Draxler has a very high buyout clause.

I'm going to call Valencia's crap season an aberration. He simply can't be as bad next season.

spidye

2hNlrsi.jpg

Watched austria vs sweden live.
Alagod scored a goal too

Whoop Whoop

That's why Ronaldo will never be in the same league as the truly great ones of all time.

Fuckhead only had 1 defender to go through.... decides to volley the ball with his left food into the stands....

At least go through the guy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom