• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely ridiculous red card. balotelli is fouled the entire game, he commits two soft fouls and gets yellows.

absurd, i'm so sick of referees targeting him.

Lightning

Banned
Fucking hell, you're right.

Had my hopes up over nothing :/
You want us to over pay for Michu? His fee would be stupid for what he is and he could just be a one season wonder. I have the same issue with Benteke. Benteke at least has youth though while Michu is 27.

Clegg

We've been linked with Strootman and Garay again.

I'd be reasonably pleased if we signed them as they'd improve our squad. But at the same time I hope we'd be on the lookout for a special talent.

City and Chelsea are strengthening their first team so we'll need to do more then just add depth to the squad.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lurking Belgians! :p

Have to be honest, don't follow football that much. But the hype for our team has risen to heaven now and I was curious if there was any talk of it in here as well.

You have to know, we've had years of disappointing results with our national team and lots of trouble. We thought it'd never improve again. Now it's the complete opposite and the country's in overdrive over the team and its good results. We're even going in complete hype mode Holland style, with people saying we could be world champions. It's been a while since we qualified for a WC and we're really looking forward to Brazil.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
UKRAINE!!!! What a crazy match! Guys have showed that they got a god damn big balls.
Dyakuyu, hlopci!

You guys deserved it, that was the most pathetic Montenegro have been in a long time, hopefully they get it together by september...

Linius

Have to be honest, don't follow football that much. But the hype for our team has risen to heaven now and I was curious if there was any talk of it in here as well.

You have to know, we've had years of disappointing results with our national team and lots of trouble. We thought it'd never improve again. Now it's the complete opposite and the country's in complete overdrive over the team and its good results. We're even going in complete hype mode like Holland, with people saying we could be world champions. It's been a while since we qualified for a WC and we're really looking forward to Brazil.

Yep, I know all about it coming from The Netherlands my self. Over at a Dutch forum there are some Belgians who also like football so I've seen the tears over the years :p

But yeah, Belgium have a great squad and qualification is a little bit closer after tonight's win and Croatia's loss. Belgium should have done better over the previous years as well, they are just a bunch big chokers though. I hope for you guys the same thing won't happen this year.

Well GoT was quite something

Don't you hate Martin now?

Salvadora

You want us to over pay for Michu? His fee would be stupid for what he is and he could just be a one season wonder. I have the same issue with Benteke. Benteke at least has youth though while Michu is 27.

I don't want to overpay for anyone!

I doubt Michu is a one season wonder, though. He was brilliant in Spain as well.

Kinan

You guys deserved it, that was the most pathetic Montenegro have been in a long time, hopefully they get it together by september...

Honestly Ukraine was also pretty horrible in the first half. Only after being reduced to 10 men they have started to play some team football.

Meier

Wow! Probably should have been a penalty for the CR and then they just missed a shot that followed. Certain goal if it was on target.

Wow we were shit and likely deserved to be behind. Still, Glushakov should have scored after Patricio made that error. And that handball non-pelanty was massive bullshit. I don't like relying on referee help to get results but fuck that was a pelanty.

Zhirkov was the only player I liked from us. Hopefully Capello unleashes Dzagoev in the second half.

Kinan

Yup, that threw the whole team off, still no excuse to go out 0-4 at home :(

Honestly, I didnt recognize Montenegro at all. I remember how they played in Kiev, very compact, organized, focused. Today they had so much space between the lines that it was very easy for both of our brilliant wingers to recieve a ball and create tension.

We've been linked with Strootman and Garay again.

I'd be reasonably pleased if we signed them as they'd improve our squad. But at the same time I hope we'd be on the lookout for a special talent.

City and Chelsea are strengthening their first team so we'll need to do more then just add depth to the squad.

I'd argue Strootlord is more than just a depth player.

Meier

Flipped back to Italy-Czech Republic at the end and missed Aleks score off a FK it turns out. Bummer!

I didn't realize how big of a deal Ukraine beating Montenegro was for England's chances.

Zabojnik

Iceland 2 - 4 Slovenia. Whoever was pumping up Iceland a few months back, saying they have a much better squad than Slovenia ... where is your vulcanic god now?

fuck, I'm stuck at work and the stream sites are denied :(
I'm missing the game

how has it been so far? Is Portugal's offense actually working today?

Clegg

I'd argue Strootlord is more than just a depth player.
Maybe he'll add some quality to midfield. But at the same time he isn't that kind of special talent that will advance the team to the next level.

So far we've signed Zaha and Varela, two young players with the potential to get better. But they won't be vital to our team for next season. I still think we need that special signing to strengthen our first team.

At first I thought we only needed to add depth to midfield and we'd be set for next season. But City and Chelsea are upping the ante with their signings. We'll still compete at the very top but its imperative we strengthen this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom