• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Sometimes I wonder who the idiot is thats in charge of Barca's recruitment policy.

IMG_0116.v1321377986.jpg

Hixx

Ming would be a great signing for Liverpool, i would take him over Reina any day of the week. Hopefully Sunderland can unearth someone else good to replace him.

No. We will play Westwood. Who is good but he's not Mig :(

And we have Pickford in our youths who is very highly rated but definitely seems to fall under the "all 'keepers are mental" bracket.

qindarka

Banned
Khedira to Chelsea. :p

I wouldn't mind him at all. Need another midfield signing, though not at 40 million euro of course. I don't watch him much but he did impress me a lot at the Euro and other Chelsea fans seem to rate him highly and I'll take their word for it.

I wouldn't mind him at all. Need another midfield signing, though not at 40 million euro of course. I don't watch him much but he did impress me a lot at the Euro and other Chelsea fans seem to rate him highly and I'll take their word for it.

Take my word for it, as someone who watches Madrid probably 20 times a season. He's brass.

FootballFan

You underrate both of them.

Seriously, I love having a go at Valdes as much as anyone, but I think he just wants to move to a club who are better than the ones who've made offers for him, and thinks that is more likely to happen if its on a free. Someone will have made an offer for him.

I'm just angry he wants to leave :(

He saved us in the 06 final, man of the match after Larsson for me. I actually like him, but he was really bad and annoying this season. Nobody forced him to say he is leaving soon halfway through the season. I think it was a pretty shit decision and just an unnecessary distraction.

I'm just angry he wants to leave :(

He saved us in the 06 final, man of the match after Larsson for me. I actually like him, but he was really bad and annoying this season. Nobody forced him to say he is leaving soon halfway through the season. I think it was a pretty shit decision and just an unnecessary distraction.

Yeah, that was completely selfish. I understand that he wanted to let everyone know that he was open to offers, but doing it halfway through a season is just silly. Tell the board and manager, let them look for a replacement and it will spread. No need to cause a media furore over it.

GorillaJu

If we sign Mig, Reina's gone. Barca will sign him, and he'll be fine with being on the bench for half the season or more, because he'll have made his big move that he's probably always wanted in his heart of hearts. You've seen how happy he is just to be with his #Spainbros. He's like the team cheerleader.

I'd miss Pepe, but Mig would be my first choice replacement. He's an ideal age, and a great all-round goalkeeper with no significant flaws in his game. He's not the best keeper in the PL (Cech), but he's up there with Begovic and De Gea.

Reina did have some exceptional saves in the latter half of the season, but so many times when the attack is bearing down on our goal, I don't feel confident and that conceding is an inevitability.

Now get us Mkhitaryan. This is an exciting window for Liverpool fans.

FootballFan

Why would Khedira move? Isnt he first choice at madrid?

Unfortunately for Madrid and fortunately for us, yes, yes he is.

I'm struggling to think of a first 11 player in one of the massive European clubs worse than Khedira.

Are Milner/Barry starters? Maybe Matri? I can't believe I can't think of one.

Viva also thinks he is rubbish. I agree.

Khedira was pretty damn good for Germany at the Euro last year and saved us from Schwein being shit.

I don't get why he doesn't play like this at Madrid, maybe a move would be good for him.

Messi

Ozil, Higuain and Alonso are my 3 favourite Madrid players. Yours?

Coentrao and Benzema seem like cunts, even though they don't necessarily act like it on the pitch. (Seen Coentrao dive a few times iirc)

You will laugh but Ramos, Ozil and Casillas. All class players id kill for at barca

Id do anything for ramos

If we sign Mig, Reina's gone. Barca will sign him, and he'll be fine with being on the bench for half the season or more, because he'll have made his big move that he's probably always wanted in his heart of hearts. You've seen how happy he is just to be with his #Spainbros. He's like the team cheerleader.

I'd miss Pepe, but Mig would be my first choice replacement. He's an ideal age, and a great all-round goalkeeper with no significant flaws in his game. He's not the best keeper in the PL (Cech), but he's up there with Begovic and De Gea.

Reina did have some exceptional saves in the latter half of the season, but so many times when the attack is bearing down on our goal, I don't feel confident and that conceding is an inevitability.

Now get us Mkhitaryan. This is an exciting window for Liverpool fans.

Reina out
Suarez out

Mikhtaryan in
Aspas in
Papadopolous in
Ilori in

I could just about accept that. Add Soldado into the mix, and I'd be ecstatic. I don't understand whgy Soldado is ignored every transfer window. He's exceptionally good.

spidye

Khedira was pretty damn good for Germany at the Euro last year and saved us from Schwein being shit.

I don't get why he doesn't play like this at Madrid, maybe a move would be good for him.

in a team of underperformers he stood out by just being mediocre. don't forget it was against european giants like portugal, denmark and greece.

in a team of underperformers he stood out by just being mediocre. don't forget it was against european giants like portugal, denmark and greece.

England would love to consider those three easily beatable, especially the first 2 :D

Messi, your avatar looks like that sniper woman in the MGSV trailer

Clegg

There aren't many areas on the pitch where United need to improve imo.

Midfield is the only really pressing concern. We won't get away with another season of Carrick holding the midfield down by himself.

Our wingers just can't be as bad as they were last season so hopefully we'll see more chances created from out wide. We've already signed a new winger anyway so hopefully he'll provide some competition and develop his own game too.

No, he really was good. Schwein wasn't fit at all and Khedira did most of the midfield work alone. Underperforming team or not, he did a great job as DM there.

And I like how you didn't name the Netherlands there.

FootballFan

Ozil, Higuain and Alonso are my 3 favourite Madrid players. Yours?

Coentrao and Benzema seem like cunts, even though they don't necessarily act like it on the pitch. (Seen Coentrao dive a few times iirc)

Casillas moved up higher on my list after all the beautiful things he did this(last?) season. Also Higuain and Varane for me.

If they get Ancelotti, he'd be up there too. The rest, nope.

Messi

Midfield is the only really pressing concern. We won't get away with another season of Carrick holding the midfield down by himself.

Our wingers just can't be as bad as they were last season so hopefully we'll see more chances created from out wide. We've already signed a new winger anyway so hopefully he'll provide some competition and develop his own game too.

Take Tello on loan for a season?

Ramos is a fouling, cheating shithouse.

He's also not a very good defender.

Never understood people's obsession with him. For the number of supposedly good to great defenders+Casillas Madrid have had in the modern era, something must be amiss because they've been defensively piss poor year in year out

kharma45

Two CMs and a striker if we get rid of Rooney and i would be happy. Even then i would mind not getting a forward if it led to Hernandez starting.

Arnie

Reina out
Suarez out

Mikhtaryan in
Aspas in
Papadopolous in
Ilori in

I could just about accept that. Add Soldado into the mix, and I'd be ecstatic. I don't understand whgy Soldado is ignored every transfer window. He's exceptionally good.
If Suarez goes you'll be able to add a couple more names to that 'in' list. Would love Soldado.

As a squad it's okay CM aside but in the first XI we need a better CM and winger for sure. Maybe Valencia can step up again.

Evra needs to be better too, was okay last season though.

FootballFan

Never understood people's obsession with him. For the number of supposedly good to great defenders+Casillas Madrid have had in the modern era, something must be amiss because they've been defensively piss poor year in year out

Don't forget they even had a coach who is a master at making teams defend well, and even he couldn't do anything lol.

kharma45

As a squad it's okay CM aside but in the first XI we need a better CM and winger for sure. Maybe Valencia can step up again.

Evra needs to be better too, was okay last season though.

He was ok but a lot of his mistakes i feel were overlooked by his goal contribution. Hopefully he goes this window and we get a few million for him.

He was ok but a lot of his mistakes i feel were overlooked by his goal contribution. Hopefully he goes this window and we get a few million for him.

Not many realistic great left backs on the market imo. Unless you'd be happy with Fabio and Buttner, in which case you're following the wrong sport

Fuck's sake, it was cloudy for about 20 minutes and that twat of a star is back

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Unfortunately for Madrid and fortunately for us, yes, yes he is.

I'm struggling to think of a first 11 player in one of the massive European clubs worse than Khedira.

Are Milner/Barry starters? Maybe Matri? I can't believe I can't think of one.

Viva also thinks he is rubbish. I agree.

He made just ten starts this season.

FootballFan

I think my PS3 Slim just died.

Zab, what you think of Hamsik?

He is a legend. Consistently so good and has been with Napoli for 6 years now. He looks like a fool but such an awesome player. I wanna hear your opinion though since you don't like the Italian champions.

oDJHV8f.jpg

Sorry to hear about your ps3.

I would be happy to give Fabio a chance.

Neither he nor Buttner have shown that they deserve a run as first choice imo. You could say that one of them may well step up to the plate, but if both of them fucked it up, you'd be looking at 5 months with no good, experienced left backs.

lol, completely forgot about Baines. Problem solved :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom