• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant loan inmates

Maybe he'll get in one of them fancy new private, for-profit jails :p

What is it that makes Pele so dislikeable compared to Maradona? Diego was a cheat, a drug-user, arrogant, unprofessional, a terrible role model for the sport. But there's something lovable about him,an aura that pervades all of the nonsense and even embraces it and adds to his legend. Pele though? Rent-a-quote, shite footballing opinions, seems like an official spokesman for FIFA to be wheeled out at functions and openings whenever he's a bit low on cash and modern relevance.

I'd rather my kid grew up to be a Pele, but the sport needs Maradonas.

I'm honestly worried about arkon.

Wanna start TLoU, but my shitty transluscent curtains and the summer weather are combining to make my room too bright :(

#firstworldproblemsandallthatshite

FootballFan

It's becoming a bit annoying seeing other Liverpool fan completely ignoring Reina's pretty much impeccable form between February and May and completely writing him off. Saying you'd rather have Mignolet, fine. Acting like he's definitely a sub-standard liability who's beyond redemption stinks to me in the same way that Chelsea fans having a go at Rafa when he left did. I expect that shite from other fans, but it feels like everything Reina has done for us has gone out of the window and its become acceptable to treat him like an incompetent never-was. Distinctly Real Madridish mindset.

Didn't read this post but saw the name Reina.

Reina fucking sucks.

Oranje - Spaghettari U21 tonight @ 20:30 CET. No Marrone and probably no Insigne. Italy had a good run.

Hmm, tough call between that and Confederations Cup. Better players at the latter, the former will be more competetive. What to do, what to do...

Hey, FootballFan. Build a bridge. Then jump off the bastard thing.

Arnie

It's becoming a bit annoying seeing other Liverpool fan completely ignoring Reina's pretty much impeccable form between February and May and completely writing him off. Saying you'd rather have Mignolet, fine. Acting like he's definitely a sub-standard liability who's beyond redemption stinks to me in the same way that Chelsea fans having a go at Rafa when he left did. I expect that shite from other fans, but it feels like everything Reina has done for us has gone out of the window and its become acceptable to treat him like an incompetent never-was. Distinctly Real Madridish mindset.
Reina's been inconsistent for the last two seasons. He had a good few months towards the end of this season, but as a team we played a lot better, and defended well since Carragher returned.

Sooner or later we have to make a decision on Reina's future, and I think it's inevitable that he'll return to Barcelona, be it this summer or next.

I thank him for all the time he's given us, but I don't think he's as irreplaceable as someone like Carragher.

Zabojnik

Hmm, tough call between that and Confederations Cup. Better players at the latter, the former will be more competetive. What to do, what to do...

Hey, FootballFan. Build a bridge. Then jump off the bastard thing.

Look for the answer inside you. You know it to be true.

291286-neymar.jpg

Messi

I'm honestly worried about arkon.

Wanna start TLoU, but my shitty transluscent curtains and the summer weather are combining to make my room too bright :(

#firstworldproblemsandallthatshite

Lol i am having the same issues. Loving it so far though. I am stunned how good troy bakers voice acting is.

Look for the answer inside you. You know it to be true.

291286-neymar.jpg

That muddies the waters even further though. I'd like to see him again make a twat of himselves with the European TV cameras facing him, but we'll get an entire season to savour that pleasure next year.

@ Messi, I have to play it early though to make use of the surround setup, otherwise I'll be using those shitty Philips headphones

Fuck PSV, and fuck their sponsor

Messi

That muddies the waters even further though. I'd like to see him again make a twat of himselves with the European TV cameras facing him, but we'll get an entire season to savour that pleasure next year.

@ Messi, I have to play it early though to make use of the surround setup, otherwise I'll be using those shitty Philips headphones

Fuck PSV, and fuck their sponsor

What a difficult situation to be in.

Start of game spoiler for last of us

his girl :( that opening was incredible. Visually stunning at times

If you think Barca are after Reina because he is a goalkeeper, not because he is from La Masia, then all the lol's to you.

Its clearly a combo of many things, and assuming you're not being purposefully obtuse, its idiotic to not consider them all

1) Valdes leaving next summer
2) He's better than Valdes
3) He's exceptional with his feet & playing the sweeper role and would suit your defensive system to a tee
4) He's a Barca graduate
5) Goalkeepers aren't important enough at Barca to validate blowing £20m+ on one of them*

*Assuming you improve the way your defense shields them.

Messi

Its clearly a combo of many things, and assuming you're not being purposefully obtuse, its idiotic to not consider them all

3) He's exceptional with his feet & playing the sweeper role and would suit your defensive system to a tee
4) He's a Barca graduate
5) Goalkeepers aren't important enough at Barca to validate blowing £20m+ on one of them*

Its because of 4. It helps that he is a good keeper. A little better than valdes

Zabojnik

FIFA agent François Gallardo is saying Real Madrid have sold a player for 40M€, but won't reveal his identity. Should be announced in the next 48 hours. Probably bullshit, but just to be safe ... Congratulations, Arsenal-GAF!

Clegg

FIFA agent François Gallardo is saying Real Madrid have sold a player for 40M€, but won't reveal his identity. Should be announced in the next 48 hours. Probably bullshit, but just to be safe ... Congratulations, Arsenal-GAF!

€40m...for Higuain?

Arsenal better not have paid that.

Edit: Actually I hope they've grossly overpaid for him.

Messi

Who?

Edit: higuain would be beast at arsenal

qindarka

Banned

Chelsea surprise bid for Modric. Believe.

I don't believe.

Apparently Gallardo is a known bullshitter who also falsely broke news of Madrid signing Bale previously. Nothing to see here.

Its because of 4. It helps that he is a good keeper. A little better than valdes

I'd say 4 is the main reason, but far from the only one.

I love how Nintendo fans on gaming-side think its EA's responsibility to risk tens of millions of dollars to turn the WiiU into a viable platform for other EA games.

Its like they think Ninento have provided the tool, and its up to others to create the market. Doesn't work like that, dickholes.

That type of rumour is amongst my favourite.

Hey guys some fucking massive shit has gone down in the world of football and nobody but me knows what it is nobody else even has an inkling hey follow me plz.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Francois Gallardo is not credible at all.

That type of rumour is amongst my favourite.

Hey guys some fucking massive shit has gone down in the world of football and nobody but me knows what it is nobody else even has an inkling hey follow me plz.

What is..hmmmm

Tancredi?

FootballFan

4) He's a Barca graduate

1) Valdes thinks anyone cares, got no offers after announcing he is leaving and now is staying for 1 more year so he can go for free since nobody is dumb enough to pay even 3m for him.
2) Nope, I'd say they are even. Reina maybe just a tiny bit better.
3) Valdes 2.0
4) He won't improve us so that doesn't matter.
5) Yes.

FootballFan

I'll miss Valdes when he leaves, but only because he is such a cunt, everyone hates him, even many Barca supporters.

And you have to admire that in him.

1) Valdes thinks anyone cares, got no offers after announcing he is leaving and now is staying for 1 more year so he can go for free since nobody is dumb enough to pay even 3m for him.
2) Nope, I'd say they are even. Reina maybe just a tiny bit better.
3) Valdes 2.0
4) He won't improve us so that doesn't matter.
5) Yes.

You underrate both of them.

Seriously, I love having a go at Valdes as much as anyone, but I think he just wants to move to a club who are better than the ones who've made offers for him, and thinks that is more likely to happen if its on a free. Someone will have made an offer for him.

kharma45

Ming would be a great signing for Liverpool, i would take him over Reina any day of the week. Hopefully Sunderland can unearth someone else good to replace him.

Carbonox

Newcastle denying that Cabaye is going to Monaco. The transfer fee that was bundled in with the rumour was £23m. Shit I'd take that. :lol Plus he fucks off back to France.

pappe

Khedira to Chelsea. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom