• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Montpellier-v-Evian-Younes-Belhanda-celeb_2758766.jpg

Younes Behlanda is set to reveal where he will be playing his football next season with reports claiming he is to choose between England and the Middle East.

Montpellier revealed earlier this month that they had offers from AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa for the Moroccan international.

But now it is claimed that the club have accepted offers from two clubs - with reports suggesting it is Villa and a new option in the shape of Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira.

"My decision is imminent, I have still got the time to think a bit but I will stand by the decision I will take," 23-year-old Belhanda said.

"I wanted to play in the Premier League, I have the opportunity so let's see."

Younes pls.
He's going to Newcastle isn't he.

Messi

And please tell me, just how good was Navas tonight? I searched 'Navas fast' on Twitter and it made me smile.

He may as well have heated up the jersey press for me. He was epic tonight. It was a shame the rest of the team couldn't finish for shit. He could have had 3-4 assists.

Salvadora

Where did they say that? I can't find anything on it.

From the sounds of it we've made a bid for Grenier and Gervinho might be off so things are looking up I guess.

Here! Specifically:
Firstly, a number of player personnel decisions need to be taken. Outstanding young midfielder Isco has already arrived from Malaga, while Gonzalo Higuain is likely to leave for Arsenal in the next few days.
I think I'll miss Gervinho, as daft as that sounds. Reminds me of Eboue a tad.

I'd still be the first to pack his bags and fly him to Italy though.

Thank you, Messi.

I'm glad this nightmare is nearly over. It's unimaginably painful going from arguably the best striker in the world to Giroud :(.
Higauin is a nice striker to have, don't really need to build the team around him.

Will catch out keepers with his early shots too, I feel like keepers in the PL are prone to it.

Still don't think he's top tier but I do think he is basically the best Arsenal can do right now.

dc89

England are the masters of friendlies.

Bottle it in the major tournaments :(

Haha, yeah we suck.

Watching Navas tonight reminded me of when Valencia was good.

Very similar playing style.

Interesting comments!

Ferguson fucked up big time. Colossal, nuclear scale fuckup. Snorlax-tier.

Pogba sets the foetus benchmark that Suso will eventually smash.

I actually think Pogba will rise higher than Thiago. More complete player.

Totally. I hope Vieira can bring him back to Manchester, but to his rightful home.

MPW

Higuain will make you forget all your striker troubles. I am very happy for Arsenal.

sure, as long as arsenal don't expect him to be amazing in CL

compared to what arsenal have right now, he is an upgrade no doubt

Salvadora

Higauin is a nice striker to have, don't really need to build the team around him.

Will catch out keepers with his early shots too, I feel like keepers in the PL are prone to it.

Still don't think he's top tier but I do think he is basically the best Arsenal can do right now.

You've hit the nail on the head.

There's just very few top class strikers available for non-oil clubs. What clubs could really afford Cavani/Falcao and the like. Van Persie is irreplaceable.

Zabojnik

Juve-bros, what are we going to do with Giovinco? It feels like we have this moral obligation to give him one more year, since we brought him back home. I can live with him being the 4th/5th striker, I guess, but I'd rather we sold him while we can still get decent money. He's not bad, he's just not good enough. I remain convinced that the only role that suits him is LWF. He's not a proper striker.

Arkon on suicide watch.

Salvadora

For some stupid reason I feel like he will do fine in CL.

Why did he perform so badly in the Champion's League? I know people will answer 'lol liga', but you surely can't score as many goals as he did and not be at that level.

Arsene will sort him out.

Messi

sure, as long as arsenal don't expect him to be amazing in CL

compared to what arsenal have right now, he is an upgrade no doubt

Arsenal need someone to help consistency in the League first. Finishing the league strong year in year out but flopping out the gate is getting them nowhere. Hopefully Higuain can be a constant threat. I would love to see Arsenal challenging for the title again. The more the merrier.

I also have always wanted to see him in the PL.

I feel like I should be an honourary Arsenal GAF fan

Koko

Banned
Why did he perform so badly in the Champion's League? I know people will answer 'lol liga', but you surely can't score as many goals as he did and not be at that level.

Arsene will sort him out.

Who knows. It's not like he doesn't scored important goals. I have lost count of how many times he help us to pull comebacks although they were in La Liga, but still important goals.

I guess it's just mentally.

Ingeniero

Ok I agree, Higuan is no the best, definitely not top tier but he will help, improve the attack and always be dangerous for defenders, a big upgrade from Giroud.

We still need a decent goalie and another striker imo.

Arsene pls

Salvadora

Ok I agree, Higuan is no the best, definitely not top tier but he will help, improve the attack and always be dangerous for defenders, a big upgrade from Giroud.

We still need a decent goalie and another striker imo.

Arsene pls

We're overrun with strikers at the minute! Bendtner, Giroud, Park, Chamakh... + Sanogo & Higuain. I think we are good on that front. Wouldn't mind Higuain, Giroud & Sanogo being our 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices respectively.

Keeper situation is a bit dire. I don't have much hope that Arsene will address it, either.

Messi

What are the chances David Villa is still with us next season? His wages are really high, he has a clause in his contract that in his 4th year of the contract his wages jump from 7.5 million euro to 11 million. Even a bargain bin price for Villa might not be enough to shift him on.

Part of me would like to see him stay and get some more mins, but I don't see him getting it and if he is not going to get the mins I would rather he was given a shot somewhere else. He is a fantastic player.

ALSO, Alcântara has renewed his contract until 2016

jtb

Banned
What are the chances David Villa is still with us next season? His wages are really high, he has a clause in his contract that in his 4th year of the contract his wages jump from 7.5 million euro to 11 million. Even a bargain bin price for Villa might not be enough to shift him on.

Part of me would like to see him stay and get some more mins, but I don't see him getting it and if he is not going to get the mins I would rather he was given a shot somewhere else. He is a fantastic player.

if he were to leave, who do you think will buy him? I know Arsenal were linked with him in the january window but I think we've filled our striker quota with Higuain.

Arnie

Villa's gone, I think.

Somebody, be it Fiorentina or Spurs, will pay the fee and guarantee him lots of playing time. You'll get €12 million for him, which is a great price.

Someone suggested, in all seriousness, to get Heskey to Copenhagen as Cornelius replacement for CL on Copenhagens forums.

Now I kind of want that to happen in some weird alternative universe just to see how fucked up it would be.

Nobody cares about Rafinha

Suen

if he were to leave, who do you think will buy him? I know Arsenal were linked with him in the january window but I think we've filled our striker quota with Higuain.
We should have gone for Negredo and THEN Higuain! But I think Higuain can be great for us.

Salvadora

Spurs were being linked with him very recently. Don't think they have much of a chance, but I'd love to see it.

rodvik

Someone suggested, in all seriousness, to get Heskey to Copenhagen as Cornelius replacement for CL on Copenhagens forums.

Now I kind of want that to happen in some weird alternative universe just to see how fucked up it would be.

He did pretty well at Newcastle Jets to be fair.

Arnie

Wasn't there that story that they wanted to relocate the entire family to the North West, though. Rafinha renewing puts an end to that.

Perhaps Thiago's had a change of mind, too.

Wasn't there that story that they wanted to relocate the entire family to the North West, though. Rafinha renewing puts an end to that.

Yeah it's possible but that original story was just Daily Start bullshit most likely.

Arnie

Of course Spurs have a chance, I just don't think they'd pay his wages, which are pretty damn large for a player his age.

Messi

One can hope that Xavi has tapped up Thiago on his cruiseliner.

Juve-bros, what are we going to do with Giovinco? It feels like we have this moral obligation to give him one more year, since we brought him back home. I can live with him being the 4th/5th striker, I guess, but I'd rather we sold him while we can still get decent money. He's not bad, he's just not good enough. I remain convinced that the only role that suits him is LWF. He's not a proper striker.

Arkon on suicide watch.
I feel like if we started playing 4-3-3 again occasionally he'd be good on the flanks, especially cutting in from the left. But yeah, I just don't know. He doesn't seem clinical enough in his first touch or his finishing, and his size is a hindrance too often.

Salvadora

I don't. Spurs would be deadly with a striker like Villa leading the line lol
I want to see him on a weekly basis, is all.

We missed our chance :(
Of course Spurs have a chance, I just don't think they'd pay his wages, which are pretty damn large for a player his age.

I was factoring in the wages when I said they didn't have much of a chance! That and possibly more attractive offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom