• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

The longer the Barcelona quartet stay engaged in Brazil, the greater the chance Thiago will swap tapas for the Trafford Centre.

secret agent Messi is on the case

0ad_%25283%2529.jpg

Arnie

I was factoring in the wages when I said they didn't have much of a chance! That and possibly more attractive offers.

Spurs will pay the money for a top striker, which Villa is.

Whatever Villa does end up on it'll be less than Bale, and he'd probably be the second 'best' player in the squad on status alone. So I don't think it's that implausible.

K1LLER7

Baines, Thiago and Zaha in one summer.

Not bad. Could add Strootman to that too.

Suso looks a good player. What are the chances of B-Rod giving him a chance next season? He did it with Sterling.

Salvadora

Spurs will pay the money for a top striker, which Villa is.

Whatever Villa does end up on it'll be less than Bale, and he'd probably be the second 'best' player in the squad on status alone. So I don't think it's that implausible.

I dunno, Arnie.

I think you're forgetting the scrooge that is Levy. He may reluctantly pay Bale to keep him at the club, but I can't see him shelling out on Villa.

Arnie

Suso looks a good player. What are the chances of B-Rod giving him a chance next season? He did it with Sterling.
Sterling made 24 appearances last season, whilst Suso made 14, so there's not a huge difference in how much they featured.

We'll either loan Suso out for consistent first team action, or keep him and continue his progress. If we're selling Shelvey then I'm hopeful Rodgers wants to use him in the position he plays for Spain, which is central.

Rodgers really rates him, though, so he'll only play more and more.

I dunno, Arnie.

I think you're forgetting the scrooge that is Levy. He may reluctantly pay Bale to keep him at the club, but I can't see him shelling out on Villa.
Maybe you're right, but I've seen Spurs heavily linked to Villa, and that's with his wage demands being fairly transparent.

I think they'll pay him around £100k a week, he's a bigger player than the rest of the squad and that's still well below what Bale will be on.

K1LLER7

Sterling made 24 appearances last season, whilst Suso made 14, so there's not a huge difference in how much they featured.

We'll either loan Suso out for consistent first team action, or keep him and continue his progress. If we're selling Shelvey then I'm hopeful Rodgers wants to use him in the position he plays for Spain, which is central.

Rodgers really rates him, though, so he'll only play more and more.
No idea he played 14 times last season. I Like that Rodgers gives youth a chance. Wasn't Shelvey wanted by West Ham?

Maybe one day we'll see Januzaj vs Suso.

Arnie

No idea he played 14 times last season. Like that Rodgers gives youth a chance. Wasn't Shelvey wanted by West Ham?

Maybe one day we'll see Januzaj vs Suso.

Played in some big matches, Everton, United, Chelsea. Rodgers trusts the kids, as long as they're good enough. Suso, Sterling, Wisdom, and during the final game Ibe all played for the first team. None made any glaring errors, or looked our of their depth. Really positive.

From what I've seen of Januzaj I still think he's a way off, and I don't really know how much Moyes cares for youth players. Rodgers was obviously a youth coach at Chelsea so he knows the demands of youth team football and how to get the best out of the players. Moyes did quite well with Rodwell, Rooney, and Barkley, so there's some hope there.

But still, Januzaj, not seen him do anything special yet.

Salvadora

Maybe you're right, but I've seen Spurs heavily linked to Villa, and that's with his wage demands being fairly transparent.

I think they'll pay him around £100k a week, he's a bigger player than the rest of the squad and that's still well below what Bale will be on.

I hope you're right.

Actually, a top class striker feels like the missing piece of the puzzle for Spurs, so in a way I kind of don't.

He'll be moving on in more ways than one.

Salazar backed the wrong horse.
Just you wait until he and Thiago start playing tiki-taka.

Danny Taylor, not exactly got a good record but I'm feeding off scraps here, reckons Thiago won't be completed until the end of next week. This is getting long. Woodward better not fuck this up. Pep and Ancelotti be circling. Moyes better suit up.

Arnie

Tancredi saying Sky Italy reckon Baldini and Spurs are hijacking Micky.

:lol

Not even mad, more amused. High on Suso junkfood anyway, and I saw a baller Henderson video before.

A Russian football expert, when talking about the Anzhi bid, said Micky wants to join Liverpool.

Who the fuck knows anymore. Who the fuck cares anymore.

Messi

Yeah, the utter contempt on his face - like he couldn't be partaking in a more trivial activity. I think Xavi had a similar reaction after his penalty.

I suppose players like Pirlo and Xavi detest shootouts. They seem like the type of players who would like it decided from open play.

Tancredi saying Sky Italy reckon Baldini and Spurs are hijacking Micky.

:lol

Not even mad, more amused. High on Suso junkfood anyway, and I saw a baller Henderson video before.
Loooooooool.

The Sun (I know) think Chelsea are bidding for John Ruddy. Back-up for Cech I would assume. Surely he wouldn't even contemplate it.

Arnie

I suppose players like Pirlo and Xavi detest shootouts. They seem like the type of players who would like it decided from open play.

Can you imagine if the winner was decided by an accuracy shootout between Xavi and Pirlo.

Would be like Goku versus Superman.

Browsing cardiffs forums has been interesting, it's like a even more demented afer dark.

"The doc said his dick no tick so dis good man not get gal pregnant but focus on da football man."

Wes

venison crêpe
Been denied repeatedly by the local journos with links at the club. But who knows.

Perhaps more importantly twitter says we are in for Hiroshi Kiyotake......

I've seen this rumour being touted a while, seems to have come to a bit of a climax tonight...

I don't know who I prefer. Both would walk in to this team. I think Belhanda is the more certain to adapt and fit in the quickest but he'll likely be twice the price of Kiyotake...

Kiyotake is a creator. Belhanda is more of a finisher.

rodvik

I've seen this rumour being touted a while, seems to have come to a bit of a climax tonight...

I don't know who I prefer. Both would walk in to this team. I think Belhanda is the more certain to adapt and fit in the quickest but he'll likely be twice the price of Kiyotake...

Kiyotake is a creator. Belhanda is more of a finisher.

We have enough finishers. Seems weird saying that and it actually being true, after so many seasons of being toothless up front.

But yeah we need a creator imho.

Arnie

Suicide watch

I'm not worried about Spurs, more worried about Dortmund.

We've got more financial clout than Spurs, and we're a bigger club. Micky talked about wanting to move to a 'big' club in terms of reputation, so the people in Armenia can see him and understand that they can realise their dreams. He wants to be a symbol for Armenians to show that they can achieve big things.

That's not Spurs. Does describe Dortmund, Champions League finalists, and previous Champions League winners.

LTWheels

I'm not worried about Spurs, more worried about Dortmund.

We've got more financial clout than Spurs, and we're a bigger club. Micky talked about wanting to move to a 'big' club in terms of reputation, so the people in Armenia can see him and understand that they can realise their dreams. He wants to be a symbol for Armenians to show that they can achieve big things.

That's not Spurs. Does describe Dortmund, Champions League finalists, and previous Champions League winners.

I don't mind Micky going to Dortmund too much, but Spurs.... :(

don't want to see him in the premi unless with us.

I don't know what's better - finding out this news before going to sleep or waking up to it.

Hopefully it's just Tancredi bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom