• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
We joke about it but Txiki could hold enough sway to appeal to Thiago.

Hope that's not the case though.

Thiago would be an idiot. As I have said before, he's leaving Barca (potentially) because he wants more game time to make the World Cup team. Yaya and Fernandinho will not be benched for Thiago. Same shit with Bayern.

United is the better choice.

I missed the silly formations part, doesn't stop me lol

Weidenfeller
Sokratis-Subotic-Hummels-Schmelzer
Bender - Sahin
Kuba-Gündogan-Großkreutz
Reus

Oh wait

justjohn

You'll need more than a competent striker to make up the gap there is between yourselves and United. Tbh you need a completely new front line for that.

Then there's City and Chelsea who have already strengthened through signing new managers/bringing in a works class manager. I really can't see anything other than another fourth place finish for Arsenal.
If spurs keep avb, Bale and strengthen the side, I can see arsenal slipping to fifth. I cant see them choking this year and I still think man for man they're better than arsenal.

Feorax

Seems Carroll's medical has been brought forward due to them being nervous about Newcastle coming in and screwing it all up. He's undergoing the medical now.

*itshappening.gif*

Arnie

Seems Carroll's medical has been brought forward due to them being nervous about Newcastle coming in and screwing it all up. He's undergoing the medical now.

*itshappening.gif*

Once the email is received that it's all done there's a bank transfer to Ukraine going through.

And then...

tumblr_mm411yPWns1ruzhcvo8_250.gif

Feorax

Once the email is received that it's all done there's a bank transfer to Ukraine going through.

And then...

tumblr_mm411yPWns1ruzhcvo8_250.gif

Somone on RAWK just posted in the "news only" thread that Mkhitaryan is having his medical right now, and it's been instantly locked, but the posts not deleted.

Oh RAWK, never change.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm so pleased by the way we have done business so early in the summer and they target's we've bought in.

Next stage of the window begins I think as we look to ship out a lot of the not-required members of the squad.

Maybe Kinnear will phone us up and take Derren Bend from us for a nice fee.

Arnie

Somone on RAWK just posted in the "news only" thread that Mkhitaryan is having his medical right now, and it's been instantly locked, but the posts not deleted.

Oh RAWK, never change.

What does it all mean, Basil.

Musker reckons we're bidding for Papa within 24 hours and he's still our number one defensive target, and we aren't worried about his fitness. Norcroft from the Times says Musker knows his stuff. It's intense this, nearly as intense as...

The Last of Us. I have to take breaks every hour or so because it's just harrowing.

Nyx

I'm so pleased by the way we have done business so early in the summer and they target's we've bought in.

Next stage of the window begins I think as we look to ship out a lot of the not-required members of the squad.

Maybe Kinnear will phone us up and take Derren Bend from us for a nice fee.

I wonder why you bought Bacuna though, I don't feel he's good enough.

Yen

Musker reckons we're bidding for Papa within 24 hours and he's still our number one defensive target, and we aren't worried about his fitness. Norcroft from the Times says Musker knows his stuff. It's intense this, nearly as intense as...

The Last of Us. I have to take breaks every hour or so because it's just harrowing.
I can't believe it's finally happening: we're going to win the league.

Feorax

I'd expect to see some links to other centre halves in the next couple of days. He's clearly our top target, but the club will want to make it look as though we are perfectly happy not to deal if it's not on our terms, which is exactly what we've failed to do for years.

If the theory I heard on TAW is correct that we've already agreed terms with the agents of our targets, then it makes sense that we can devote resources to negotiate on several deals at once.

Side note, can't wait to play TLOU. Will be borrowing from my brother when he's done with it.

Wes

venison crêpe
I wonder why you bought Bacuna though, I don't feel he's good enough.

I don't know much about his play honestly but I think he's been bought in for his versatility, to fill out a squad role on the bench with the likes of Holman, Bannan and N'Zogbia expected to be shown the door.

I think it's a fee of £0.8m initially so it's not a huge risk for us.

Yen

I'd expect to see some links to other centre halves in the next couple of days. He's clearly our top target, but the club will want to make it look as though we are perfectly happy not to deal if it's not on our terms, which is exactly what we've failed to do for years.

If the theory I heard on TAW is correct that we've already agreed terms with the agents of our targets, then it makes sense that we can devote resources to negotiate on several deals at once.

Side note, can't wait to play TLOU. Will be borrowing from my brother when he's done with it.
Isn't that technically illegal?

Meier

Lost my phone last night, somehow ended up alone in a hostel with a bunch of Russians.

My life.

As Megan said on this week's Mad Men, you might need to pull back the throttle a little... seems like you could stand to go cold turkey for a bit. Just saying.

Clegg

Clubs getting business done early while Moysey is dicking about on holiday wanking over unobtainable targets.

All we be forgiven when he brings Ronnie home tho.

Yeah boi.

West Ham are seriously going to pay £15m + £2m in add ons for Andy Carroll?

That might be even stupider than when Liverpool paid £35m for him.

Meanwhile apparently Dortmund are signing Adil Rami for €12m.

It's from reporters in Valencia.

Eh, what exactly do we want with Rami? Subotic and Hummels are first choice, Sokratis is backup and we have two talented youngsters with Sarr/Günter. If Rami is really signing for us and we're basically signing a 4th CB for half a season (because Sokratis would replace Piszczek until he's fit again), that would mean we'll spend bigger than anyone thought. More than €20m on defenders? Fucking what lol

Carbonox

*itshappening.gif*

I want Joe Kinnear to make an offer just to troll Carroll. Get his hopes up and piss off West Ham. Only to then rescind it.

Timurid

Eh, what exactly do we want with Rami? Subotic and Hummels are first choice, Sokratis is backup and we have two talented youngsters with Sarr/Günter. If Rami is really signing for us and we're basically signing a 4th CB for half a season (because Sokratis would replace Piszczek until he's fit again), that would mean we'll spend bigger than anyone thought. More than €20m on defenders? Fucking what lol

Why did you guys sell Bittencourt?

Arnie

I feel like Aspas, Mkh, and Mignolet have moved too quickly for us to not have. Makes sense, really.

Zabojnik

Juve-GAF, how much does the old geezer still know?

Probably nothing. And I think he might be going senile too. Still, Tevez to Milan is very likely.

COME ON MANOLO! Hope Italy don't get raped, I'd take a 0-2.

What a fucking brilliant signing Mikiteriyaki is for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom