• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
What MPW post?

One where he dissed Fergie. It was in the grieving stage. It wasnt ON

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a GF so I could play games and watch movies when I come home from work.

Bro if she makes you pick between vagina and Football Manager you know what to do

:lol don't use my phrases against me. I'll beat you up
in The Last of Us

Loooool I'm so excited to shoot your old kiwi ass

No

NO

I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL RUMOUR

FUCK

tLziV62.jpg
I like what I'm seeing here

subtles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------NEYMAR----------------------------------------MESSI-----------------------------------------SANCHEZ------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------INIESTA----------------------------------XAVI----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------OCTOPUS OF BADIA---------------------------------------------------
----------ALBA----------------------SILVA---------------------------HUMMELS------------------------ALVES-------
--------------------------------------------------------Reina--------------------------------------------------------

Fixed

FF pls.

Nyx

btw Salazar, you an Aussie?

Cause I hope Adam Sarota will be fit again soon and play another great season so he can also join the Aussie WC team, he's the best of the 3 Aussies here imo. (of Oar, Sarota and Zullo)

FootballFan

Forgot to do the bench, again:

------NEYMAR----------------------------------------MESSI-----------------------------------------SANCHEZ------
--------------------------------INIESTA----------------------------------XAVI----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------OCTOPUS OF BADIA---------------------------------------------------
----------ALBA----------------------SILVA---------------------------HUMMELS------------------------ALVES-------
---------------------------------------------------TER STEGEN--------------------------------------------------------

BENCH:
- PINTO
- ADRIANO
- MONTOYA
- PIQUE
- MASCHERANO
- SONG
- CESC
- TELLO
- PEDRO

OUT:
- VILLA :(
- AFELLAY :(
- DOS SANTOS FUCK OFF
- VALDES FUCK OFF
- FONTAS
- THIAGO :'(
- ABIDAL :(

INJURED:

- PUYOL. <3

subtles

It seems like we're addressing a lot of our weaknesses at the moment, and I'm glad, but we really need a Downing upgrade on the right. He provides tactical discipline but we need a cutting edge for the fixtures that need one to grind out results.

Kenka

I'm so tired of being alone
Fly to Japan. With your androgynous look, you would be the king of Kanto Valley, you would make love in every corner of the region with naughty girls aroused by your delicious European face.

And in case you doubt me, PM FreeMufasa.

ps: I need to fly to Japan too.

Salazar

btw Salazar, you an Aussie?

Close enough. Not really, in terms of sport. Fuck the cricketers, in particular.

Cause I hope Adam Sarota will be fit again soon and play another great season so he can also join the Aussie WC team, he's the best of the 3 Aussies here imo. (of Oar, Sarota and Zullo)

Eredivisie is probably doing them a whole lot of good. Oar tore up the wing in the A League while he was here. He seems to have bulked a bit, which needed to happen.

Nyx

Eredivisie is probably doing them a whole lot of good. Oar tore up the wing in the A League while he was here. He seems to have bulked a bit, which needed to happen.

Yeah especially Oar and Sarota have grown a lot, Zullo is a bit behind but that's because he's used as a left back here and he has a lot of competition on that spot.

Will be interesting to see where they all end up after being done here!

Kenka

Any Utrecht lineup is deemed to draw smiles on everyone's face due to Verhoeven's presence.

Just the name brings back crazy memories, and as to the keeper himself... but anyway, forza Utrecht. I just hope they don't finish ahead of Arnhem.

Nyx

Any Utrecht lineup is deemed to draw smiles on everyone's face due to Verhoeven's presence.

Just the name brings back crazy memories, and as to the keeper himself... but anyway, forza Utrecht. I just hope they don't finish ahead of Arnhem.

Hehe yeah I really don't understand why the hell the Utrecht board would think it's a good idea to give him a 3-year contract.

On the other hand, when you put aside his obese looks he is a decent goalie.

Wes

venison crêpe
Predictions for next season.

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Tottenham
Southampton
Newcastle
West Brom
Everton
Swansea
Aston Villa
West Ham
Fulham
Cardiff
Sunderland
Norwich
Stoke
Crystal Palace
Hull

I think he's on a slightly different frequency to the rest if us.

I've noticed since Meus joined GAF that his moral code steers towards being judgmental and dogmatic. I remember in the early days that he tried to start a number of threads relating to abortion which, in his usual way, he asked questions where he already knew the answer he wanted to hear (i.e. abortion is bad etc.).

I think he's on a slightly different frequency to the rest if us.
It's just very judgemental, unnecessarily so.

Even though I kind see his point, there's no need to make it like that, or to make that point at all.

Anyways, don't wanna de-rail here! But yeah what a crazy situation..

Omikron

Yo Nyx

If Oar has a competent WC, you could get coins for the boy. Australia are hardly gonna be able to play through the middle, so he could see a bit of the ball.
Disagree slightly, as Rogic will be playing in place of Holman come the world cup.

subtles

Does anyone think that Fergie still being around the club will be Matt Busby all over again? I remember Shankly left the club altogether because they didn't want a repeat of that situation (among other reasons).

confuziz

Banned
The people that place United out of the top four are fucking hilarious.

Managers don't matter. Top 3 finish is guaranteed with this material (Thiago/Strootman etc.)

Does anyone think that Fergie still being around the club will be Matt Busby all over again? I remember Shankly left the club altogether because they didn't want a repeat of that situation (among other reasons).
It's quite possible.

Hopefully Fergie will be careful not to make the same mistake. The fact Moyes has totally overhauled his staff is a good start, though tough to take.

Managers don't matter. Top 3 finish is guaranteed with this material (Thiago/Strootman etc.)
Wes is on a crusade to get a United fan to bite.

Unfortunately for him Soi-Fong is no longer with us.

Salvadora

Top three is definitely not guaranteed with Mourinho, Pellegrini & Wenger in the league.

Outside top four is definitely unrealistic.

Messi

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Tottenham
Southampton
Newcastle
West Brom
Everton
Swansea
Aston Villa
West Ham
Fulham
Cardiff
Sunderland
Norwich
Stoke
Crystal Palace
Hull

This would be fantastic

L1NETT

Yeah isn't it, I mean was it just me who saw United steamroll the league with an apparently weak squad.

If we are doing predictions;

Top 4

Chelsea
United
City
Arsenal

Bottom 3

Norwich
Palace
Hull

Unsure on 5th Place, can see Liverpool making some ground (depends on Suarez and replacements) and if Spurs lose AVB I can see them Juande Ramosing again.

Hmm I will hold off on my predictions until the window closes but Arsenal would need to make alot of good signings for them to finish above us IMO.

I feel like they're weaker than United in every respect apart from CM.

Obv. Moyes is untested but I don't feel like he's a wildcard, he has a pretty good PL record.

In the last 7 seasons United haven't ever finished lower than 2nd, and on the occasions they did it was never more than 1 point behind the Champions. It would be a drastic drastic drop for the team to plummet to 4th.

FootballFan

-----------------JANUZAJ----------------
ZAHA-----------KAGAWA---------MATA
---------STROOTZ----THIAGO---------
BUTTNER-CARRICK-FELLAINI-RAFAEL
-----------------DE GOD----------------

Top 4?? Lololol. These guys will win the league by double digits.

Mastadon

Banned
Man Utd will finish second or third I think, but it's not totally inconceivable to think that they'll end or fourth or worse. Moyes is under a lot of pressure, and if results go against him at the start of the season then you never know how he'll react to it. It's just an such an unknown without Fergie.

I do think teams will be less respectful/scared of you this year.

Salazar

Top three is definitely not guaranteed with Mourinho, Pellegrini & Wenger in the league.

Outside top four is definitely unrealistic.

lol fuck Wenger

And fuck Mourinho too. Spanish football is like floating in zero G. I ain't care about his meagre achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom