• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
United players celebrated in front of United fans* and City morons threw coins. One hit Rio. One utter foetus of a City fan ran onto the pitch, seemingly intending to confront Rio - who could have buried him, and Joe Hart restrained the moron.

*No matter what halfwit prats in the papers and on tv will have you believe. The prevailing moral narrative appears to be that it is unacceptable "goading" for Ashley Young to, for example, jump around with his hands in the air after a last gasp derby win.
Not a good situation at all that. So basicaly certain City fans are poor losers?

And according to Wenger we will be putting out a strong squad for Bradford. We better not lose, no matter what squad we put out. We better not fucking lose.

Lightning

Banned

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'd like to play the derby side against Swansea and Newcastle. Give or take Shinji and Vidic.

Dat Laure

KBDNA.gif

lol she plays for psg?

Lyon ftw

nemesun

And according to Wenger we will be putting out a strong squad for Bradford. We better not lose, no matter what squad we put out. We better not fucking lose.
Yeah boy, lets go and win that Mickey mouse cup this year; even Arsene realises that another trophyless season will be his death knell.

FootballFan

FF's boy Thiago will need to step up! He sucks tho.

I noticed earlier Cesc had the most assists in la liga. Falcao passed Ronnie in goals haha!

I don't know what you BarcaGAF see with Thiago that rarely any of you rate him. When he wins Ballon d'Or 2017 you will see.

Also Andres, you talked about Lewandowskis goal like 50 times, I thought Falcao scoring 5 would have made you post it 400 times.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I don't know what you BarcaGAF see with Thiago that rarely any of you rate him. When he wins Ballon d'Or 2017 you will see.

Also Andres, you talked about Lewandowskis goal like 50 times, I thought Falcao scoring 5 would have made you post it 400 times.

Messi's son will only be 5 by then son.

I was drunk the day Lewa scored that goal. Plus I hate Madrid and Falcao has given us high expectations.

-damn the Crystal Palace cheerleaders are smokin'

Yen

Is there a 48fps defence force yet on GAF? I've yet to see a positive review of it, but I expect a few certain gaf members to tell critics they are Luddites.

Jensen

Is there a 48fps defence force yet on GAF? I've yet to see a positive review of it, but I expect a few certain gaf members to tell critics they are Luddites.
Only one person on GAF has seen The Hobbit and he was positive about the higher frame rate.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah boy, lets go and win that Mickey mouse cup this year; even Arsene realises that another trophyless season will be his death knell.
Better than nothing and we most likely wont win it anyway but don't want to go out to Bradford as that will be embarrasing.

Swansea City.

Arsenal it is then. Welcome aboard lad, lets get acquainted.

Gazprom bro!

Stoke. You barely even have to say anything to troll people on here when you win/draw/just play against them.

Newcastle, they got big games coming up too.

All interesting suggestions. I am looking for a mid-table type team but I still have to say no to Arsenal since FootballFan and Andres would have too much fun with that one.

Swansea and Stoke are the finalists methinks.

Swansea does play a more attractive brand of footbal but if I cheer for Stoke I will automatically supplant this guy and become their most attractive looking fan.
stoke_fan_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

FootballFan

All interesting suggestions. I am looking for a mid-table type team but I still have to say no to Arsenal since FootballFan and Andres would have too much fun with that one.

Swansea and Stoke are the finalists methinks.

Swansea does play a more attractive brand of footbal but if I cheer for Stoke I will automatically supplant this guy and become their most attractive looking fan.
stoke_fan_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I say Swansea! Pablo Hernandez, De Guzman, Michu <3

Though it would be awkward once Arsenal play Swansea..

You would see how Fady feels with Barca - Chelsea and Pulga with Juve - Madrid(yuck)

Rooney into form at the perfect time. Team can hopefully go on a run now. Build a decent lead and keep it until May.

Kagawa and Vidic to come back too. And Nani still hasn't made it back from the Euros.

Is there any doubt he's on the way out? Wish we'd just settle his contract so we can focus on bringing in a tough, reliable or silky midfielder or two. Hopefully we can do two things at once next summer.

I say Swansea! Pablo Hernandez, De Guzman, Michu <3

Though it would be awkward once Arsenal play Swansea..

You would see how Fady feels with Barca - Chelsea and Pulga with Juve - Madrid(yuck)
eww, filthy Canadian taint.

Plus I'm already always conflicted when the likes of Kerzhakov suit up for Zenit/Russia. I'm happy whenever he scores but I always dread that it means he will likely keep playing for the team :(

Sounds like rugby.

Think the provision of an opportunity is what constitutes advantage; whether or not you succeed in how you use the opportunity is neither here nor there.

Just doesn't seem right to let a team have a clear shot on goal, and then give them another one because they fuck it up

Jin_7

Hope is never dysfunctional :)

Odd, referee in the Dundee derby played he advantage after a foul in the box, and gave a penalty when they fucked the shot up. Is that legal?

No, it's not. After giving an advantage you can't go back to give a free kick / penalty.
A ref can give a card afterwards, though.

The same thing happened in the Augsburg - Bayern game to Bayern's advantage, of course.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Caulker you stupid FUCK, that clearance is still pissing me off.

Our defensive injuries have been horrendous this season, just when we were looking more solid Dawson does him hamstring. Thank Christ that him, BAE and Parker are back this week. Hopefuly Bale as well. We are going into these top 6 games with far too many injuries, it's so hard to win these games without your best team.

dc89

Yikes. I think that's the last time Paddy Crerand will be allowed to speak on 5Live for quite some time.

He rang in - Apparently pissed as a fart.

Lightning

Banned
Caulker you stupid FUCK, that clearance is still pissing me off.

Our defensive injuries have been horrendous this season, just when we were looking more solid Dawson does him hamstring. Thank Christ that him, BAE and Parker are back this week. Hopefuly Bale as well. We are going into these top 6 games with far too many injuries, it's so hard to win these games without your best team.
Pretty harsh to just blame one player there. There was more than one problem in that 2 minutes of play where you's threw the game away.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pretty harsh to just blame one player there. There was more than one problem in that 2 minutes of play where you's threw the game away.

Agreed, as a team we got sloppy but Caulker's mistake was the most egregious. Lloris is right behind him telling him to leave it but he wops it straight into an Everton player, they move it outside, cross it and score. He made the exact same mistake against West Ham, if you are going to take control of that ball despite the keeper calling for it, you'd better clear it properly. If Hugo had scooped that up we would have just run the clock down.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Interesting questions on twitter:

Do you believe in Roma/Milan revivals?
Do Inter rely too heavily on counter-attack?
Who is Juve's ideal striker signing?

A) No.
B) Yes. They dropped points against teams who set back/hand them possession.
C) A Cavani. Someone who tracks back, plays for the team and is clinical as fuck.

According to the Daily Mail Guardiola is interested (again) to join us.

Of course the source is a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised. Bayern is probably the easiest top club job for him, hard to do anything wrong, look at Heynckes lol. Van Gaal already showed them the Barca way and he'd just need to tweak some small things.

GorillaJu

I'd love it if Pep joined Bayern. The pressure on them is huge, but the circumstances in the league is so much more lax than the PL. I'd be able to watch Pep's career continue and hopefully stomp all over the Manchester twins in the CL, without having to deal with the pain of watching such a class manager helm a team I despise and probably get the boot after a year when his team can't handle the mental pressure of a PL title challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom