• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antti

Serie A for tomorrow:
Sampdoria +0 63% & u2,25 53%
Bologna +0 58%

What do these numbers mean?
The %'s: They are probabilities of the game outcomes used for betting. Use a odds converter such as this one to convert the probability to odds.

Lets use the Bologna game as an example. The bet the tip is for is a Bologna win, but with a Draw No Bet -clause, which means you will get your stake back if the game ends as a draw. So, you take the 58% and place it in the 'Implied Probability:' field. I use decimal odds myself, so I will use that in this example. You get the odds 1.7241 back. What the number means, if you can get anything above those odds, you got yourself a winning bet in the long run. I've bet on it with 2.00 odds, so my edge is pretty big on this bet. If I can not find odds better than what the implied probability would give me, I will not bet on the game (because it's a losing bet in the long run).

What are u2.25, o3.5, +1.5?
These are betting lines called Asian handicaps. For example, o3.5 means I'm betting on Over 3.5 goals to be scored in the game. u2.5 means I'm betting under 2.5.
Underdogs are usually given a handicap in games to make betting them more favorable. So, if I tip Real Betis +1.5 53%, it means that in my bet, it's imagined that Betis starts the game up by 1.5 goals.
More about Asian handicaps here. (Wikipedia) The chart is pretty neat.

panty

Playing Fifa 13 career mode (manager) with Real and suddenly Ronaldo wants to leave eventho we're #1.

City bought him for 100M€

lol

Messi

Playing Fifa 13 manager mode with Real and suddenly Ronaldo wants to leave eventho we're #1.

lol

tumblr_m5zoggDRnc1qzblrv.gif

Antti

A disclaimer: Those bets concerning goals (over/under) aren't actually Asian handicaps, but for the sake of simplicity, I placed them under the same heading.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I need to resume my manager mode with Villareal. Does anybody play it on 360? Does it still freeze?

I sold Rossi to Baaaaaayeeeeeern for like $20 million lol

--EDIT: DAAAAAYUUUUUM thanks adriano I hadn't seen that! Game wasnt live in the u.s. so I recorded it. Bout to watch that and the Barca match when I get home here in a few

Guarin scored at least! There is still hope for Juve not to win the Scudetto!

packers are basura, son
so good

iiia2ZufZNfjN.gif

Journo: Were you guys bothered by Guarin?
Mazzarri: Not at all. He didn't create any chances.
1 goal, 1 assist and MotM :lol
What Kermit is saying is true.
Kermit was that City fan who hated Serie A, right?
Serie A for tomorrow:
Sampdoria +0 63% & u2,25 53%
Bologna +0 58%

What do these numbers mean?
The %'s: They are probabilities of the game outcomes used for betting. Use a odds converter such as this one to convert the probability to odds.

Lets use the Bologna game as an example. The bet the tip is for is a Bologna win, but with a Draw No Bet -clause, which means you will get your stake back if the game ends as a draw. So, you take the 58% and place it in the 'Implied Probability:' field. I use decimal odds myself, so I will use that in this example. You get the odds 1.7241 back. What the number means, if you can get anything above those odds, you got yourself a winning bet in the long run. I've bet on it with 2.00 odds, so my edge is pretty big on this bet. If I can not find odds better than what the implied probability would give me, I will not bet on the game (because it's a losing bet in the long run).

What are u2.25, o3.5, +1.5?
These are betting lines called Asian handicaps. For example, o3.5 means I'm betting on Over 3.5 goals to be scored in the game. u2.5 means I'm betting under 2.5.
Underdogs are usually given a handicap in games to make betting them more favorable. So, if I tip Real Betis +1.5 53%, it means that in my bet, it's imagined that Betis starts the game up by 1.5 goals.
More about Asian handicaps here. (Wikipedia) The chart is pretty neat.
This shit is too confusing for me :lol

Salazar

:lol fuckin Nasri

Samir Nasri has nothing to hide — not even the ‘dark side’ he says exists in all the people of Marseille. ‘Zidane, Cantona, me as well,’ he says with a hint of pride.

‘It is because of where we are from; because when you grow up on the street you have to defend yourself. You have to fight; show your character.’

Why so invisible, merc-boy ?

nemesun

Man, can't wait till we get the greatest striker that ever lived back from his loan spell. He tore Seria A a new one all the way from the bench. In his honor, I'm gonna buy myself a turtleneck.

K1LLER7

Playing Fifa 13 career mode (manager) with Real and suddenly Ronaldo wants to leave eventho we're #1.

lol
:lol same thing happened to me, Neymar wanted to leave so I straight swapped him with Ronaldo.

My current team:

------ Sirigu -------

Alba - Alaba - Y.Y.Sun - Bale

-------- Kagawa ------

---- Moura -- Hazard

Messi -- Ronaldo - Jese Rodriguez

Subs: Giovinco, Suso, azpili, Wynne, Ramires, Gundogan

Messi

I need to resume my manager mode with Villareal. Does anybody play it on 360? Does it still freeze?

I sold Rossi to Baaaaaayeeeeeern for like $20 million lol

--EDIT: DAAAAAYUUUUUM thanks adriano I hadn't seen that! Game wasnt live in the u.s. so I recorded it. Bout to watch that and the Barca match when I get home here in a few

Dem posts get a fine workout.

Salazar

City fans :lol

Also, Mansour has to be brave in the face of FFPR and right the wrongs of the summer window. We should spend whatever it takes to buy Falcao, De Rossi and Isco. These are players that I think we can use without disturbing the way that we play: a radical overhaul of our style is not an option but we must work on using greater width

"Brave"

6Jt7y.gif

Lightning

Banned
NB52 gonna be back come january baby. Don't you be fretting.
lol

Henry's potential return would be okay if it was for the remainder of the season but even then he can't play full games so we need another striker and we need steel in the midfield. We're a Mikel Arteta injury away from disaster. Arteta got injured last season in January and we went on to lose every match he didn't play in. Hahahahaha

nemesun

lol

Henry's potential return would be okay if it was for the remainder of the season but even then he can't play full games so we need another striker and we need steel in the midfield. We're a Mikel Arteta injury away from disaster. Arteta got injured last season in January and we went on to lose every match he didn't play in. Hahahahaha
Arsene told me Diaby is only two or three weeks away from full fitness, he'll be like a brand new signing.

Time to start getting behind Newcastle, then.
What did you think of ClevGod yday?

Was happy Fergie gave him the gig and he actually did quite well I thought. Defo needs to improve his shooting though. Shame he messed up for their corner which made it 2-2, Fergie hooked him after that but he was clearly knackered by then. Need to keep playing him for now.

Salazar

What did you think of ClevGod yday?

Good. Handy player to have outside the area shifting it sideways*, because a) he's quick and accurate at it, and b) it saves Rooney doing it. Shooting gash. Defensive work: predictably average, but he runs a fucking lot and doesn't shy away from 50-50s. Hard to make any argument for Fletcher, as things stand, going in ahead of him except as infrequent rotation or special tactical circumstance.

We needed, and need in future, to keep fucking possession though. Clev was guilty of this a couple of times, which was disappointing. He just smashed it back up the line to Clichy, and I felt like I was watching a Hodgson England side. There's no excuse for non-pressured primitive clearances like that. Not in a derby. Not against a side as rapid in attacking movement as City, and not when they already have the bulk of possession.

*It'd be nice if, in the near future, the ball going wide meant that it was going to be rocketed in, instead of Young or Valencia practically standing on it for 4-5 seconds before laying it off slowly into the middle or ballooning it for their keeper to grab. We need to use width as width, not just as generic space on the pitch. We're fucking deadly from crosses when they are properly delivered. Rafael seems to have a much more urgent and clear concept of what works than either of our putative wingers at the moment. Evra also, even if he is just tragically fucking hit and miss - he lapsed into particularly bad drifting again. Maybe it won't be such a problem against average sides, but any halfway competent forward line can see how weirdly lopsided we get.

Lightning

Banned
Arsene told me Diaby is only two or three weeks away from full fitness, he'll be like a brand new signing.
LOL. He has the quotes old Wenger but Diaby has been 3 weeks away now ever since he was injured and that was against Chelsea ages ago. Sell his money grabbing ass already. He's paid to get treatment all season.

Also, watched the Manchester derby game. Fantastic game of football. United unfortunately deserved winners with a legit goal disallowed which resulted in City scoring and poor from Nasri and Joe Hart for the 3rd goal. What happened at the end of the match, all I saw was Ferdinand bleeding from his eye?

GQman2121

Banned
I saw this photo while looking over the shots from the game today and thought it summed up perfectly where the two are as managers and as clubs.

ibotTEWibSES2.jpg

Salazar

What happened at the end of the match, all I saw was Ferdinand bleeding from his eye?

United players celebrated in front of United fans* and City morons threw coins. One hit Rio. One utter foetus of a City fan ran onto the pitch, seemingly intending to confront Rio - who could have buried him, and Joe Hart restrained the moron.

*No matter what halfwit prats in the papers and on tv will have you believe. The prevailing moral narrative appears to be that it is unacceptable "goading" for Ashley Young to, for example, jump around with his hands in the air after a last gasp derby win.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol Hart didn't even go for the ball on the first Rooney goal. Valdes-esque haha.

Great assist by IniestGod on the 2nd goal. Messias is like neo he doesn't even need to look up to know where the goal is.

adriano was the crowd at the san siro chanting Guarin after his goal?

Good weekend for my people :)

LegoArmo

Rooney into form at the perfect time. Team can hopefully go on a run now. Build a decent lead and keep it until May.

Kagawa and Vidic to come back too. And Nani still hasn't made it back from the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom