• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Anderson

Do hate our early kick offs, usually as we've got a shite record in them unless its spurs but at least now can enjoy rest of the games, more slip ups please!

Most likely yes, that interview when he said he wanted to leave was pretty fucked up. He came out and said he wanted to leave.

In our position though, it was imperative that we kept hold of him. Sometimes you have to just accept the hit to your reputation for the good of the club.

You don't like Flamini, but its better for Arsenal when he's available than it is when he isn't.

Lightning

Banned
The traitorous French cunt is out. All non fickle fans can enjoy Arsenal without having to watch him
I understand your point but don't agree. Doors should not close for good. Flamini does what's best for Flamini and gives his all when on the field, that's all one can ask . He rejoined us for less money than he would have gotten at Milan and makes us more solid. Hope he is not injured for long but I'm not hopeful on it.

I understand your point but don't agree. Doors should not close for good. Flamini does what's best for Flamini and gives his all when on the field, that's all one can ask . He rejoined us for less money than he would have gotten at Milan and makes us more solid. Hope he is not injured for long but I'm not hopeful on it.

What about RVP?

In our position though, it was imperative that we kept hold of him. Sometimes you have to just accept the hit to your reputation for the good of the club.

You don't like Flamini, but its better for Arsenal when he's available than it is when he isn't.

That's not being fickle.

But when people say things like "done with him", "he can fuck off", "never wanna see him wear red again" etc etc and then are happy to see him play...well.

I was the same with Rooney first time around. But this time, he really can fuck off.

Salvadora

iZRRkiDyVH9mR.gif

nMyREnM.gif

Ramsey now has 9 goals and 5 assists in 13 apps this season....

I agree with the first point. Henry wanted out after the Champions League final, but we were better off with him for the next season.

Second point. He is the type of player that we need, but for a club of Arsenal's status and our supposed ambition, he is just not good enough.

That's not being fickle.

But when people say things like "done with him", "he can fuck off", "never wanna see him wear red again" etc etc and then are happy to see him play...well.

I was the same with Rooney first time around. But this time, he really can fuck off.

I think there's room for both without being fickle. I wanted him gone on the proviso that we got an acceptable price, and an acceptable replacement. Neither came close to happening, so I'm delighted that he's still here

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh neat Soccer Saturday are doing specific player profiles at Villa v Everton in the road to Brazil. One of them will be Delph. Be interesting to see how he does.

They're also going to analyse Barkley.

Lightning

Banned
Surely he would have played with Flamini injured?
Doubt it. 2nd string team coming up against Chelsea. Our first team get a rest for the Liverpool game. And if Wenger was going to play him, it's good he's banned so Wenger can't play him. Fresh Arteta for Liverpool/Dortmund/United week please.

That's why none of our first team players should play against Chelsea, everyone needs a break for that horror week.

Salvadora

Doubt it. 2nd string team coming up against Chelsea. Our first team get a rest for the Liverpool game. And if Wenger was going to play him, it's good he's banned so Wenger can't play him. Fresh Arteta for Liverpool/Dortmund/United week please.

That's why none of our first team players should play against Chelsea, everyone needs a break for that horror week.
Such a shame Chelsea have such a strong squad.

Top Bottom