• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Hixx

Newcastle

tumblr_mqxhmksBJ81s2xab7o1_400.gif

Some absolute fucking gonk was doing the 5-1 sign at full time and we were just laughing at the daft cunt. 3-0, 2-1, 2 in a row.

Fuckin' no wins in 8 until them daft sods come to town, cheers lads

I missed Borini's goal having a piss, shouldn't have let the old man go before me

Walshy

Torres worked so well for Liverpool because he was adored by the fans from the get go. It gives him confidence.

Same with Ath. Madrid.

qindarka

Banned
Torres worked so well for Liverpool because he was adored by the fans from the get go. It gives him confidence.

Same with Ath. Madrid.

Torres has had plenty of fan support here.

Obligatory post about how we will still lose 4-2. Th precedent was set by that match in 2010.

Garjon

City's organisation is appalling and it's getting worse since the goal. They seem a bit too afraid of conceding another. Yaya's off his game too.

Manager

The thing with this City defense is that it is the regular one bar Kompany. The trio Garcia, Clichy and lately Nastasic rarely have great games, they stay at average every time. But at least Nastasic will develop I guess. Zabaleta have been very dodgy defensively this season too.

Hixx

Former Newcastle manager Ruud Gullit: Yeaaaaaaah come on @SAFCofficial so proud of Gus Poyet.

LOOOOOOOOOL get in Ruud boy

justjohn

After this game we've got at least 5 'easy' games coming up whilst arsenal, utd and Liverpool play each other so it would be a great time to take over the lead and run away with it.
Just need to avoid defeat with this game.

Zabojnik

I'm still quite happy about Llorente's performance. Fucking outstanding!

Some sloppy shooting + Perin beasting, otherwise great performance. He's adapting. I'd really like to see a Vucinic - Llorente - Tevez attack. Doesn't have to be a classic 4-3-3, just ... all three playing together. Fuck defending against merda teams like Genoa or Catania. At least for 45mins.

faridmon

For some of Torres' missed chances though... it's astounding.

You would think it would be instinctual on some level for a striker.

You would think so. But Torres have lost all of his confidence in his shooting skills. However, his drive is what makes him good enough to make him exceptional.

Manager

Pellegrini has made two weird decisions tonight:
-Why pay for 4 world class strikers if you are gonna play 4-5-1 against top teams? Why did you buy Jovetic, who isnt even on the bench?
-Playing non-fit Demichelis for his first game is such a weird decision against Richards and Lescott. You say you trust them but chose to play a guy who hasnt played this season before.

faridmon

Pellegrini has made two weird decisions tonight:
-Why pay for 4 world class strikers if you are gonna play 4-5-1 against top teams? Why did you buy Jovetic, who isnt even on the bench?
-Playing non-fit Demichelis for his first game is such a weird decision against Richards and Lescott. You say you trust them but chose to play a guy who hasnt played this season before.

Lescott is shit defender who can't pass. Demi is a weird choice ahead of many other options though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma wins again! NINE matches won straight from the beginning and only 1 goal taken!

FORZA ROMA FORZA LUPI!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1397775_579251782135640_948805735_o.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Fantastic season, no one can take this away from you.

[spoiler]for now![/spoiler]

Top Bottom