• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

pulga

Banned
Well that's good

since you have 7 more points than Juve you bellend

we NEED you to bend over

I didn't pay $150 to watch Khedira trip over himself and Arbeloa to pull of his best "I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING" face -_________-

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ok game so far, expected more chances, hope the second half is a bit more lively

I think the sub is Flanagan for Coutinho on 60' if the score remains the same. Hendo to RWB.

Coutinho could wreak havoc if he comes on the way we're set up (sans Flamini), but at the same time the amount of space we'd find in the middle of the park will be noticeably bigger than it already is.

We looked best during the 5 minute spell after we had scored. We have control of the midfield but Giroud is heavily isolated.

A frustrating performance so far as we're only in 2nd gear and Liverpool look just as threatening going forward.

The only concern I have is whether or not we have enough in the tank if Liverpool equalise

Not terrible, game isn't away from us yet

Flanagan surprisingly solid.

Its a shit situation when your best left back is also your best rightback. Not a fan of Enrique or Cissokho. Time to promote McLaughlin to RWB and put Johnson on the left?

Getting ourselves into a position where we allowed the ball to bounce 10 yards from the centre of the goal from a relatively floaty cross is criminal

Not being allowed to take a free kick when its a booking is ridiculous

GorillaJu

Not a bad first half, very beautiful passing, moreso from Arsenal than from Liverpool, but we've had our fair share of intricate build-up as well. Need to do better keeping the ball, and as Gary Neville was saying, quality in width is a really big issue for us.

Flanagan is basically useless. He hasn't done anything offensive, but he just isn't doing anything with the ball but playing it back. As long as he's not misplacing those passes, it's fair enough. Just want a bit more from those players. It was a Sagna cross that created their goal, after all.

sohois

Game has basically been even, with Arsenal just having a touch more luck with the post and the reffing failure. Certainly seems a case of when, not if, Liverpool will score. But of course Arsenal are equally dangerous and Liverpool need to get 2 back to win it. Reckon tiredness and the subs bench is the key for Liverpool to get the result.

Flanagan has been fine, as I suggested whilst everyone else lost their heads. Meanwhile Cissokho has been pretty crap, as I suggested. Definitely missing Johnson and Enrique, feel we would be winning this easily with them 2.

Salvadora

Have a feeling we're gonna be punished for not getting another in the first half.

SAS are too lethal to keep out. Get another quick.

Lightning

Banned
Not a bad first half, very beautiful passing, moreso from Arsenal than from Liverpool, but we've had our fair share of intricate build-up as well. Need to do better keeping the ball, and as Gary Neville was saying, quality in width is a really big issue for us.

Flanagan is basically useless. He hasn't done anything offensive, but he just isn't doing anything with the ball but playing it back. As long as he's not misplacing those passes, it's fair enough. Just want a bit more from those players. It was a Sagna cross that created their goal, after all.
You have many impact players to bring on, we don't. Game is very even right now I reckon.

Cissokho plays like he's drunk. Runs like he has no control of his limbs, let alone the ball, and has fucking terrible foot-eye coordination. Seems like he'd be fucking rapid in a 100m sprint, but his ball control so bad, and mental speed is so slow that he never gets a chance to show it

LTWheels

Have a feeling we're gonna be punished for not getting another in the first half.

SAS are too lethal to keep out. Get another quick.

Nope.

Our width from the wingbacks isn't good enough today. Means that SAS are getting easily out crowded in the centre. If our strikers drift out wide, there is no one good enough to come through the centre.

Marc

Did Sky just completely gloss over the goal that was ruled out for Liverpool?

Liverpool need to drop Gerrard but will never happen, guy will be played until he is forced to retire.

subtles

Arsenal at their fluid best (even in spells) are tough opposition. I'd like to see Coutinho come on and see were we'll go from there. Allen's strengths suit this kind of game but I doubt Brendan will be bringing Gerrard off.

Lightning

Banned
Juve Parma at least is bringing some lols

Your teams are just putting me to sleep. Where's the intensity?
Liverpool and Arsenal's fans may not get along but our clubs have no animosity towards each other. This isn't a derby,2 teams trying to win a football game is all that's happening in this game and that's what was always going to be the case.

Suen

MIRANTE YOU HERO!!!

lol subs out Mendes only to put in Felipe instead of Bena. Former Milan players taking drugs confirmed. Someone shoot me.

Salvadora

Nope.

Our width from the wingbacks isn't good enough today. Means that SAS are getting easily out crowded in the centre. If our strikers drift out wide, there is no one good enough to come through the centre.
Despite that being the case they've still been really dangerous and only need half a chance to make it level.

Fresh legs too.
Stop being pessimistic Salva. #Believe Ramsey and Giroud to finish it off in the second half.
Ramsey showing another flash of magnificence would be fantastic.

It feels empty watching us now when he isn't Zidane-ing it up.

Top Bottom