• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

ffs, we're playing well but should at least have had one more goal. Braaten runs alone towards the keeper (defender behind him), next to him is Nicolai Jørgensen who also got a defender behind him... Braaten decided to shoot straight into the Gala goalkeepers chest. JESUS CHRIST.

noal

Banned
Someone (Moyes) needs to remind the players that the aim of football is to score a goal past the opposition and finish the game with more goals than them because at the minute we seem to have forgotten this small fact.

Clegg

Thoughts:

Largely happy with the first 40 minutes, let them have far too much of the ball in the last five.

Fellaini struggling to impose himself at all, very disappointing.

Evra our best attacking outlet, Rooney and Kagawa giving him options which is good.

Rio and Vidic playing well.

Aguero is amazing.
Fellaini has been fine. Winning his tackles for the most part and isn't misplacing his passes.

Giggs has gone walkabout tho.

Valencia and Smalling down the right side hurts.

It's so bad.

Smalling bless him tries and he does get into good positions but he just isn't good enough at football to do anything. And Valencia is suffering from amnesia.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They just showed the replay

Tackled him from behind without the ball

lol, no one is even DEBATING it. It's THAT obvious.

Wilbur

Banned
Someone (Moyes) needs to remind the players that the aim of football is to score a goal past the opposition and finish the game with more goals than them because at the minute we seem to have forgotten this small fact.

Dominating possession and keeping Sociedad relatively quiet until that last five, lets not be doom mongers.

Fergie

Banned
Didnt like this first half :-/

I didn't mind it.
United?

Thoughts:

Largely happy with the first 40 minutes, let them have far too much of the ball in the last five.

Fellaini struggling to impose himself at all, very disappointing.

Evra our best attacking outlet, Rooney and Kagawa giving him options which is good.

Rio and Vidic playing well.

Aguero is amazing.

Defence wise doing really well, I thought Fellaini was decent. He'll get better.

i know betting on >3.5 goals was a huge mistake. ;_;
Adnan will save this game.

I'm sure the goals will come.

Suen

look at Zidane, he is crying with all those feelings. The two clubs that made him into a legend :')

Out with Alonso (not sure if he should be used a full game, just returned), Khedira and Benzeshit

4-2-3-1:

Same defense
Modric - Illara
Ronaldo - Isco - Bale/Di Maria
Morata

Wilbur

Banned
Fellaini has been fine. Winning his tackles for the most part and isn't misplacing his passes.

Giggs has gone walkabout tho.

Think he's been average as. Grown into it a bit but for the first 20 was exceptionally quiet, no aggression or drive. Whole team's not had much drive though to be fair.

As Viva says, Smalling/Valencia is an awful right flank :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wish they would work on Smallings crossing, its shocking

noal

Banned
Dominating possession and keeping Sociedad relatively quiet until that last five, lets not be doom mongers.

Come on Wilbs, you have to admit that they are there for the taking. Sociedad have no confidence about them at least until that last 5 minutes. I hope we don't let them into the game is all.

Wilbur

Banned
Come on Wilbs, you have to admit that they are there for the taking. Sociedad have no confidence about them at least until that last 5 minutes. I hope we don't let them into the game is all.

I do think we should show a little more purpose, but the team's come out to a side that desperately need points and probably expected more than they've come up against. Time to take the impetus is now.

ibjZtq9cfMsw8Y.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A- Player tackled from behind without the ball : Not a penalty

B- Player in an offside position pulled to the ground : Penalty

Why is the entirely one footed Valencia cutting inside? He can't contribute centrally.

It's good that he's coming inside. Makes him less predictable. Doesn't do shit, but at least he's slightly less predictable.

He sometimes plays as a cm for Ecuador too.

Portugeezer

Juve will win 2-0. Benz & Bale will be utter shit again tonight.

Prove me wrong you fucks.

Wut? He has played great in his last 3 matches.

Benzema though... yeah.

I'd put on Di Maria, take off Benzema.

Isco should be playing, Kadeira doesn't have enough quality going in attack.

Why is the entirely one footed Valencia cutting inside? He can't contribute centrally.

Nani should play if that mattered. But no, anything Nani does gets booed whereas we've had years of shit Rooney, Ferdinand, etc and they love them.

Top Bottom