• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Dark Rider

Borussia Monchengladbach fans have paid for cardboard cutouts of themselves to fill the stadium if Bundesliga matches resume behind closed doors. Some 2,000 are already in place with at least another 6,000 on the way

FIFA games were accurate all along.

This is wholesome though

Dark Rider

Mike Tyson and business partner Alki David want the the naming rights to Barcelona's Nou Camp, calling the ground Swissx Stadium after their cannabis CBD company “and provide plant medicine products in the concessions”.

I don't think this will go well with the fans if Barcelona board even attempt it.

Dark Rider

Giménez: A lot of people ask me if I wouldn't like to go to a team and win more things, and I tell them that life is not just about winning things but about feeling what you do. Many times, winning with Atlético is worth five times more than it can be on a team that's used to winning every year.

Happy players perform better

Dark Rider

BPL broadcasting rights about to get inflated BIG time with bid wars incoming!
this for sure pleases the BPL, they will play both sides to get the highest fee for the rights possible :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Ramos: "I think I’m in better shape than before the quarantine"

I'm worried about the players fitness if football resumes.

Dark Rider

Mauricio Pochettino ‘ From the day that I left the club, my dream is to one day be back and finish the work we didn't finish’

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Reports in France claim that senior French government officials are engaged in a lobbying effort with their partners in Germany, Italy, Spain and England so that NONE of the other top five leagues’ 2019/20 seasons restart.

"If we all do it then they can't punish all of us"

Liverpool: Please no

Dark Rider

We won king cup and the super after that.

we were the only team in Saudi Arabia who won the triple. First in the 80s and this one is the second

How long we Celebrated ? From that day until the beginning of next season 😂

I'm sure the other teams felt you were insufferable and wished you didn't win it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hosam6xavi

Banned
I'm sure the other teams felt you were insufferable and wished you didn't win it :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Of course :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The last time we won the league my father was still young :messenger_tears_of_joy:

For 30 years we've won everything we can't go for 2 years without any trophy except the league !! it was like a curse !! Finally we broke it

I'm not a fan of any one team but I'm glad Liverpool are winning/have won the title. They do things the way they should be done, compared with certain other high achiever clubs~

Dark Rider

Of course :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The last time we won the league my father was still young :messenger_tears_of_joy:

For 30 years we've won everything we can't go for 2 years without any trophy except the league !! it was like a curse !! Finally we broke it

So you were not starved of trophies just one particular trophy :pie_thinking:
Did the cyrrent situation interfere with deciding who get it this season?

I'm not a fan of any one team but I'm glad Liverpool are winning/have won the title. They do things the way they should be done, compared with certain other high achiever clubs~

Liverpool are not guaranteed the title yet, everyone assume they will win the BPL title but there is a chance they might be denied getting it, which is why Liverpool fans are on a metaphorical suicide watch at the moment until it is officially decided :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Liverpool are not guaranteed the title yet, everyone assume they will win the BPL title but there is a chance they might be denied getting it, which is why Liverpool fans are on a metaphorical suicide watch at the moment until it is officially decided :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah, i figured as much.. it would be the lamest thing in the history of lameness if it happened though~

Dark Rider

Yeah, i figured as much.. it would be the lamest thing in the history of lameness if it happened though~

IF the season is never completed and the title was just handed to Liverpool with the table as is expect rival fans put an asterisk next to it to banter Liverpool fans immediately. Yes despite it being already 99.9999999% already won for Liverpool.

IF the season is never completed and the title was just handed to Liverpool with the table as is expect rival fans put an asterisk next to it to banter Liverpool fans immediately. Yes despite it being already 99.9999999% already won for Liverpool.
Yeah that would be a colossal chunk of the lameness

DKehoe

The bigger headache is gonna be relegation. Relegating teams who aren’t mathematically confirmed to be relegated will probably lead to them suing for loss of income. And on the flip side not promoting teams who could have been promoted.

Dark Rider

The bigger headache is gonna be relegation. Relegating teams who aren’t mathematically confirmed to be relegated will probably lead to them suing for loss of income. And on the flip side not promoting teams who could have been promoted.

Most certainly, for me I knew that promotion/relegation and european spots teams will fight tooth and nail and will be willing to go to court over it which is why the BPL is very careful and trying to appease them first before coming out with a decision. Look at the Dutch league they are already in court over it.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
So you were not starved of trophies just one particular trophy :pie_thinking:
Did the cyrrent situation interfere with deciding who get it this season?
Yep it was just the league

Yeah but there's a talk that best 4 teams in the table play Knockout match

Match between The 4th and 3rd the winner between them will face the second and the finale between the winner and first

Nothing official until now

Moogle11

Banned
Liverpool likely to be Britain champions after Uefa effectively take 'voided' season off the table

Liverpool to send UEFA a thank you letter and wave UEFA flags in the kop?

Not a Liverpool fan by an stretch as an Arsenal supporter, but it would be silly not to give them the title if they can't finish the season. It's one thing in leagues that were still competitive, but when a team is 25 points clear with 9 games left no reason to not give out the trophy as it was a forgone conclusion.

Deciding the Champions' League and Europa League spots will be the tricky thing since those spots were still up for grabs with a few clubs in contention. Relegation as well (probably promotion too, but I don't pay attention to that league).

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Yep it was just the league

Yeah but there's a talk that best 4 teams in the table play Knockout match

Match between The 4th and 3rd the winner between them will face the second and the finale between the winner and first

Nothing official until now

A knock out short mini tournament is a good solution if all clubs with a chance to win are invited.

We will see how the other clubs react to this, especially promotion/relegation and european spots clubs.

Not a Liverpool fan by an stretch as an Arsenal supporter, but it would be silly not to give them the title if they can't finish the season. It's one thing in leagues that were still competitive, but when a team is 25 points clear with 9 games left no reason to not give out the trophy as it was a forgone conclusion.

Deciding the Champions' League and Europa League spots will be the tricky thing since those spots were still up for grabs with a few clubs in contention. Relegation as well (probably promotion too, but I don't pay attention to that league).

I don't think anyone deep down can deny that Liverpool earned the title but some will contest it based on that mathematically it is still possible that Liverpool not win the league and that is down rivalry nothing else.

TLZ

Banned
I don't think anyone deep down can deny that Liverpool earned the title but some will contest it based on that mathematically it is still possible that Liverpool not win the league and that is down rivalry nothing else.
Pfft as a United fan I still hope they never win it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

UEFA clarifies: if a national cup tournament is terminated early the spot normally reserved for the cup's winner shall be awarded to the highest ranking team which doesn't get a Champions League spot based on the country's league rankings

Dark Rider

Mike Tyson's cannabis company, SwissX, in talks with Everton about becoming main shirt sponsor next year.

Mike tyson wanted the naming rights to Barcelona stadium and now he wants to be a shirt sponsor for Everton.
Soon mike tyson name will be in every club.

Dark Rider

Paratici (Juventus director) to @SkySport: "We're working to extend Paulo Dybala's contract. We want him as part of Juventus for many years".

I remember how Close Juventus were to selling him before.

Dark Rider

Luka Jović is back in Spain as he was the only Madrid player in quarantine outside of Spain. Valdebebas has been disinfected each day since the Thompkins positive case. Everything is ready for the players & the staff to pass their COVID-19 tests.

I hope he does not do anything idiotic going forward.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[OFFICIAL] RFEF, Athletic Club Bilbao and Real Sociedad agree to wait and play the Copa del Rey final with fans next season. Due to this decision Athletic has declined possible Europa League slot for cup winner.

It is a derby after all so I understand that both teams want to wait until fans are allowed in, they won't miss out on the fans in a final for sure.

Dark Rider

'It came swerving and I couldn't stop it, I couldn't catch it': Jens Lehmann blames Nike ball for his howler that led to Arsenal's Champions League exit to Chelsea in 2004

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Bundesliga set to return on May 15th.

With the blessing of the goverment, so let us see if this was wise and how will it go :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

On this day in 1984: The Battle of the Bernabeú. The Copa del Rey final between FC Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao Club ended in a massive fight on the pitch. Punches, kicks to the head, bottles thrown from and to the stands, and Maradona knocking out players in his last ever match for the Catalan club.

Bilbao won 1-0
Maradona (a Barcelona player at the time) started the fight right after the final whistle.

Meowzers

As a Swansea fan I really wonder how EFL continues. We won't be promoted or relegated, but I'm interested in how the season continues.

All play-offs in neutral venues sounds weird.

Dark Rider

As a Swansea fan I really wonder how EFL continues. We won't be promoted or relegated, but I'm interested in how the season continues.

All play-offs in neutral venues sounds weird.

If they disclose the locations before hand they will fail to fend off a portion of the fans from being there. Especially with a big portion of football fans in general are STARVING for football :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Meowzers

If they disclose the locations before hand they will fail to fend off a portion of the fans from being there. Especially with a big portion of football fans in general are STARVING for football :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ha, you're so damn right, but with social media and Sky Sports showing games, it wouldn't be long before fans go to grounds.

I just read that in Swansea they opened up drive-thru McDonalds and there were cars waiting for miles long. So for football, it would be disastrous.

Dark Rider

Ha, you're so damn right, but with social media and Sky Sports showing games, it wouldn't be long before fans go to grounds.

I just read that in Swansea they opened up drive-thru McDonalds and there were cars waiting for miles long. So for football, it would be disastrous.

The best way to go about it is to keep the location of each match secret until after the final whistle, preferably until everyone left the grounds.
The leaks will be HOT though and trolls "leaking" multiple locations of the same game, people monitoring different grounds scouting if a match will be held there. Not to mention people trying to follow players to find it, it will be an absolute nightmare.

Top Bottom