• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
So fun fact, AFAIK 2017 is going to be the first year in F1 ever that there will be three full-time Dutch speaking drivers on the F1 grid, of course: Stoffel and Max, but also Nico Hulkenberg.

Asked in an interview with Spanish newspaper AS if McLaren-Honda will be able to reach the chequered flag in Melbourne, Boullier replied: "Oh, I hope so, but I don't know."

He added: "The truth is we're having more problems than we expected.

"We knew that we'd encounter some things [in testing], but truly not as many as we're seeing. We're always working to reduce the [number] of problems and to be able to go faster."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/350605/mclaren-unsure-if-it-can-finish-first-race/

But he didn't say anything about if they finish, where that would be 🤔🤔🤔

Mohonky

Asked in an interview with Spanish newspaper AS if McLaren-Honda will be able to reach the chequered flag in Melbourne, Boullier replied: "Oh, I hope so, but I don't know."

He added: "The truth is we're having more problems than we expected.

"We knew that we'd encounter some things [in testing], but truly not as many as we're seeing. We're always working to reduce the [number] of problems and to be able to go faster."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/350605/mclaren-unsure-if-it-can-finish-first-race/

Not even confident they can finish the race? Holy shit. Not even 'will you be in contention to compete with the front pack' but 'hey if we make it round the track without exploding, we'll consider that a win'

I have always been a McLaren fan, at least up until they hired Button and for some stupid reason put their weight behind him instead of Hamilton, but seriously wtf is going on over there. Honda are an absolute joke.

Not even confident they can finish the race? Holy shit. Not even 'will you be in contention to compete with the front pack' but 'hey if we make it round the track without exploding, we'll consider that a win'

I have always been a McLaren fan, at least up until they hired Button and for some stupid reason put their weight behind him instead of Hamilton, but seriously wtf is going on over there. Honda are an absolute joke.
Yeah that Button prioritization was dumb. Hamilton was in contention for a championship and they fuck about helping Sir Gripless, don't even remind me about that dumb as fuck Barcelona gaf. That has never happened that I'm aware before or after from what I recall since I started watching in 2009.

DBT85

Yeah that Button prioritization was dumb. Hamilton was in contention for a championship and they fuck about helping Sir Gripless, don't even remind me about that dumb as fuck Barcelona gaf. That has never happened that I'm aware before or after from what I recall since I started watching in 2009.

I thought his title was Sir Balance?

dakun

talking about Button. man must he be happy with his decision right now. This is the exact opposite of Michael Schumacher, where Mercedes got their act together after he left.

Zaru

Alonso must have already had a private conversation with Vandoorne along the lines of "It's okay buddy, I started my career at a backmarker too"

DD

Can we have a Ferrari logo over the tiger's head?

HeavenlyBaggyKagu.gif

I read a much more in depth analysis the other day which showed that Merc were doing ridiculous levels of sandbagging...

...but I know which one I'd prefer to be true.

Me thinks Mclaren take the L this season, drop Nando (big salary) and either pray every day for VAG to get into F1 or just go with Merc and forever be mid-tier.

Honda are too stubborn to do the right thing

Ark

talking about Button. man must he be happy with his decision right now. This is the exact opposite of Michael Schumacher, where Mercedes got their act together after he left.

Schumacher was forced into retirement because Mercedes signed Hamilton, not the other way around.

Zaru

lol, I still refuse to believe.

Ferrari might well have built their best car since 2005 (when Gene joined Ferrari).

The thing is, in the era of Mercedes domination, making a great car is not enough anymore.
It's like being the strongest human in dragonball or something.

My emotions are somewhere between

"holy shit this year it's happening"

and

"40 point lead"
😕

2d90fcfdd08d4e8d5e262e418bd49196.gif

YEESSSSS! WE BACK!

I don't believe for a second that Ferrari was able to close the gap.

Not after the nonsense the team went through last year.

I'm fully aboard the BELIEVE train.

This is the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom