• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite might allow 18+ month old Battle Pass future content to be sold in the shop

bitbydeath

Still a much better deal to get the content in a battle pass but would be great to get the chance to buy items from previous seasons, like what was in the Marvel battle pass.
images

ARE ALL TYPES OF ITEMS ELIGIBLE TO BE IN THE SHOP LATER?​

Yes. At least 18 months after a Battle Pass expires, any type of item from the Battle Pass may be added in the Shop for purchase. These include Outfits, Back Blings, Pickaxes, Emotes, Instruments, Decals, Wraps, Loading Screens, Banner Icons, and more.

ARE ALL ITEMS GUARANTEED TO COME TO THE SHOP AFTER 18+ MONTHS?​

No. Shop selection is dependent on a variety of factors, and there is no guarantee that a Battle Pass item will come to the Shop after this change goes into effect. If an item in a future Battle Pass will never be available outside the Pass, we’ll let you know!

WHEN A BATTLE PASS ITEM COMES TO THE SHOP, WILL ITS ALT STYLES BE INCLUDED?​

The number of alt Styles included with a Battle Pass item may vary each time it comes to the Shop. If a Battle Pass item is in the Shop with alt Styles included, players will have the option to purchase those included Battle Pass Styles, and the Outfit/base item if they don’t have it.

“Alt Styles” do not include LEGO Styles. If an item has a LEGO Style, this Style will always come with the item in the Shop.

WHAT ABOUT ITEMS IN THE BONUS REWARDS TAB AND QUEST REWARDS TAB?​

Items in the Bonus Rewards and Quest Rewards tabs may be available for purchase in the Shop at least 18 months after the Battle Pass expires.

THERE ARE USUALLY ITEMS EARNABLE FROM BATTLE PASS QUESTS THAT UNLOCK SOMETIME AFTER THE BATTLE PASS LAUNCHES. WHAT ABOUT THESE?​

Items earnable from Battle Pass Quests that unlock sometime after the Battle Pass launches may be available for purchase in the Shop at least 18 months after the Battle Pass expires.

Pallas

I think this only applies to future battle passes(like starting next season) and it’s still a lot more affordable to just buy the battle pass for 950 vbucks and finishing it.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Since I have only been playing Fortnite actively only for a short time, I have of course missed a lot of skins. I hope Doomguy and Geralt come back.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It has license shit, so...

Maybe this could be the beginning of the end for them

ManaByte

Been wanting this for a while. Wolverine was the only one I missed from the Marvel battle pass. Hope they bring it back.

ManaByte

Actually the 2020 Marvel battle pass is why they're doing this.

The next season (starting this month) is Marvel again. They're going to want to bring back some of those skins like Wolverine for it.

Pallas

bitbydeath bitbydeath
You left out the most important part.
From same site you linked in the thread.

CHANGE TO ITEM EXCLUSIVITY IN FUTURE FORTNITE BATTLE PASSES​

The Fortnite Team
Items in FUTURE Fortnite Battle Passes might be offered for purchase in the Fortnite Shop after 18 or more months from the Battle Pass’ expiration. A Battle Pass item may include a different number of its alt Styles each time it comes to the Shop.

Last edited:

Kururu

Sir Laughs-A-Lot
Staff Member
We fixed this title. In the article OP linked, it states:

Items in future Fortnite Battle Passes might be offered for purchase in the Fortnite Shop after 18 or more months from the Battle Pass’ expiration. A Battle Pass item may include a different number of its alt Styles each time it comes to the Shop.

Top Bottom