• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
jzETAK0mqtOoB.png

Will this do?

Its perfect!

Could I trouble you to explain how this is done? The art of removing backgrounds is one that I can not seem to master.

FillerB

I use Paint.NET in combination with the OldFeather-tool from this plug-in pack.

First I select the background that needs to go (Magic Wand with a tolerance of 32% usually does the trick or else the Lasso) and delete it. Then I use the OldFeather-tool to soften the edges at settings radius=1 strength=2 true feather=checked.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Is this from Drive?

Yes.

I really enjoyed the "Scorpion and the Frog" tie in near the end, and thought it was cool to have such a mysterious character bring it up.

I use Paint.NET in combination with the OldFeather-tool from this plug-in pack.

First I select the background that needs to go (Magic Wand with a tolerance of 32% usually does the trick or else the Lasso) and delete it. Then I use the OldFeather-tool to soften the edges at settings radius=1 strength=2 true feather=checked.

Thank you.

I need some help. A few of my friends and I are entering a gaming tournament and we need a team avatar.

I was thinking something like this:

Divided into 3 vertical segments with each of these from left to right (approximately the same size each; you can use this as a reference):

scrafty2.png

image.php

image.php

with a border and "Team IcarusGAF" written across the bottom? I know it's a big job, but it would really raise our morale. Thank you soooooooooooooo much in advance!

I hate to bump my own post, but the tournament starts tomorrow. If someone could possibly help us out, we'd be much appreciated!

Oh, I didn't realise you actually wanted to use it as an avatar... Glad to see the automatic algorithm to shrink it to size worked out OK.

Actually, I shrank it down to the maximum aspect ratio using paint. Thank you so much though; I could've never done this myself.

Pollux

Could someone avatarize this, and maybe make 3 versions...1 just avatarized, the 2nd without the writing in the top left corner, and the 3rd an outline of figure?

06_tmb_2.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
Hey could i get an avatar of this

images

With the words "forever in memory" under the face?

You can use this pic too

images

Could i also get one with just a white background and letters in red in caps that just says "CANUCK WAS RIGHT"

If i could also get a B-roy one with "CANUCK WAS RIGHT" that would be great guys! Thanks so much!

Clipper

Hey could i get an avatar of this

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw_ZgJU9L4CZNT1x5QvxTEVLaAGj5gPobxnWTmKXXP2XeN12vu

With the words "forever in memory" under the face?

You can use this pic too

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSICCFxwX-pz9Bx4-kTQhhSf9NLAEYbMlf2E5odugXtNo12Mm91

Could i also get one with just a white background and letters in red in caps that just says "CANUCK WAS RIGHT"

If i could also get a B-roy one with "CANUCK WAS RIGHT" that would be great guys! Thanks so much!
What about these?
canuck1.png
canuck2.jpg

Would anybody be able to do me some head/upper body of this please?

http://i.imgur.com/WuCm1.jpg?1

Thanks
iron1.jpg
iron2.jpg
iron3.jpg
iron4.jpg
iron5.jpg
iron6.jpg

How do you make a transparent background for an avatar? With my current one, I edited it in photoshop, deleting the white portion, saved it as a jpg and uploaded - only to see it added the white back in.

TIA

Fry

How do you make a transparent background for an avatar? With my current one, I edited it in photoshop, deleting the white portion, saved it as a jpg and uploaded - only to see it added the white back in.

TIA

File > New.

Create a new file with the same size of the picture you want to edit. The catch is: make sure the 'BACKGROUND CONTENT' is transparent.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

TIA
jpg doesn't support transparent backgrounds. Save the file as a png.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's the detail I didn't know (I always save my pictures in PNG)
So do I. I only figured that out when I was editing a jpg in GIMP and forgot to change it to png one time.

And with that, I finally fixed my avatar so it doesn't look like complete shit.

Before:
A0GtC.png
After:
um2Du.png

EDIT: You can really tell the difference when using the NeoGAF Pro Dark style.
RiRJY.png

Fry

So I tried something, and ended up with this:

imGUUB0Fu83aG.png

I erased her hair out because there was no other way, but at least she looks good blonde.

In case you wanted an avatar:

iRe1yQCfWgPQb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom