• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

jbkjtkn5dnOwBZ.png
jQwBoJjaoC3xo.png

Thanks! Can you get Optimal Arian for me sir?

snack

6336036.jpg

146663629.jpg

Could I get these two images avatarized with Lebron? First one with just trophy on the left, second one with just lebron and no trophies. Transparent b/g would be great. Thanks so much!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Would anyone mind turning this into a request for a friend of mine?

LdL8Y.jpg

Boney

Banned
Could a talented individual help me out with this? I'm not sure if I want an overview or a close up, so trying it out would be really appreciated.

il6rJxl0GiNPl.jpg

Boney

Banned
edit: actually I think it looks cool!

Doesn't look that great as I feared :(

Gonna try feel it out for a while though

Maybe this art would be a better fit?

tumblr_m5gm6f3Y4i1qeg2xgo1_500.png

Clipper

How do you guys manage to get avatars below 50 KB?
If your avatars are the correct size, the only way they could be over 50kB is if your application is adding a lot of metadata to the image (Photoshop is a huge culprit with .jpg images, including thumbnails and crap).

A 32-bit colour raw (i.e., uncompressed) image at 100*120 has a size of 46.875kB after all.

You should be able to set the options in your app to get it to not include all that useless extra data, but I can't help with specifics as I use GIMP, which only includes a few comment fields and stuff.

EagleBurn

Banned
How does one make a transparent image? I made it transparent in Photoshop and saved it as a PNG file, but still a white background?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's what I'm doing, I also tried uploading it, same result. Can someone make it transparent, because I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...
In GIMP there's an option I have to have checked called "Save colour values from transparent pixels" for it to save the transparency. Is there something like that in PS?

EDIT: Hmm, I unchecked it as a test and it didn't affect anything. I guess that tutorial I read a long time ago was wrong.

Clipper

EagleBurn, did you resize that image to 100*100 before trying to set it as your avatar? If you have the image larger than 100*120 in either dimension, then GAF performs a conversion to resize it and adds a background in the process. That's probably your problem.

EagleBurn

Banned
EagleBurn, did you resize that image to 100*100 before trying to set it as your avatar? If you have the image larger than 100*120 in either dimension, then GAF performs a conversion to resize it and adds a background in the process. That's probably your problem.

Hey, that was exactly the problem, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom