• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

noisome07 said:
DfHfJ.gif

here's one, if someone wants to slow it down they can..i dunno how :(
are you using PS? you know the little 0.03 under every frame, thats the timer. select all of them (frames) by holding down shift and then change it to 0.07 or 0.08

noisome07

Banned
yencid said:
are you using PS? you know the little 0.03 under every frame, thats the timer. select all of them (frames) by holding down shift and then change it to 0.07 or 0.08

holy fuck its that easy? i fucking love you

MGimB.gif

VsRobot said:
Just Dance, please. I've been trying to learn to make my own-- took me all morning to get GIMP set-up, so I'm probably too dumb to figure out how to use it :D Really appreciate the help.

Sorry this took a while. Had to go to bed between you requesting any doing it... Anyway, choices!!

k2jlex.jpg
23w9sgy.jpg
a5l4z.jpg
28s92xu.jpg
55jpqu.jpg

2n8bfjb.jpg
2hh2af4.jpg
4rk1.jpg
2chqti.jpg
24wsnk2.jpg

sdn5gi.jpg
t01191.jpg
95rin9.jpg
15qp5cz.jpg
5wl8uf.jpg

2a8j03m.jpg
6jkhv6.jpg
2qsvuhd.jpg
315ivly.jpg
v4cklw.jpg

PS: That vid is more crazy than I remembered

2zjeufp.jpg

Levi

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Sorry this took a while. Had to go to bed between you requesting any doing it... Anyway, choices!!

ARG TOO MANY CHOICES.

Also, holy shit indeed. Way above and beyond, and much more than I expected when I posted my lazyweb request. You are teh awesome. <3

Think I'll rotate between these two:

t01191jpg.gif
315ivlyjpg.gif

VsRobot said:
ARG TOO MANY CHOICES.

Also, holy shit indeed. Way above and beyond, and much more than I expected when I posted my lazyweb request. You are teh awesome. <3

Think I'll rotate between these two:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/LeviVsRobot/t01191jpg.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/LeviVsRobot/315ivlyjpg.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Glad you like. Also, your choice makes me happy I did a collection of avatars as I dont think I would have made either of those if I just made one or two :D

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Keyser Soze said:
Glad you like. Also, your choice makes me happy I did a collection of avatars as I dont think I would have made either of those if I just made one or two :D
If I was part of Gaga-GAF, I'd use one of those. Nice work. ^_^

OneEightZero said:
Dunno if it's much better than what you already have.

fmWdO.gif

Oh! I did not even realize that was what you might have been asking that question for.

I think it looks much clear. Will use it. Thanks. :)

mello

Keyser what do you use to crop a scene from a clip. Like, do you get the full clip off youtube then crop it?

yencid

im not sure how keyser does it but i download the full video and then make the gif from the time the request tells me

yencid

its prety cool but the cut away looks strange as hell! xD

BTW, dont use it... file size is WAY big.

should read the avatar faq so they dont disable em.

mello

I changed it. The limit on gaf is 150kb or 90x120 for an avatar right? Is there a way for me to reduce the file size of the gif on CS4?

yencid

mello said:
I changed it. The limit on gaf is 150kb or 90x120 for an avatar right? Is there a way for me to reduce the file size of the gif on CS4?
file->save for web & devices and then mess around with the settings

file size is 150kb yeah

yencid

shadowcomplex said:
can some tell me what program they use to make gifs and avatars?
photoshop CS5 here. I download the video with download helper and convert them so that CS5 can import it into frames.

@sumo390 I can handle your request later today (2-3 hours) if non one else does.

mello said:
Keyser what do you use to crop a scene from a clip. Like, do you get the full clip off youtube then crop it?

I have the most roundabout way for doing it ever:

Use DownloadHelper to grab the video from YouTube in FLV or mp4 (sometimes it gives choices for HQ version)
Convert the file to AVI (loads of options for that) and usually very quick for short YT files
Use Video-AVI to GIF/JPEG Converter to make the gif. Very easy to grab specific frames
Resize, reduce colours, it in the very, very old Jasc Animation Shop 3

I am sure I could use GIMP and Adobe Imageready to do stuff quicker, but I found this way works for me, and all the programs are old/small so they work well even on a netbook

yencid

:lol sign avatar is good as long as you dont mind each of your posts in the thread possibly displaying a different avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom