• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5fSZ0.jpg
pcS3h.jpg

racooon

Banned
Alreet, avatar wizards.

If you've got the time and are inclined to help out a technologically incapable joonyoor, I'd love to have my avatar as a gif, starting as

g2AVJ.jpg

, having the 'deal with it sunglasses' descending onto Draper's face, and then the 'deal with it' text (below) appearing.

0ILtK.jpg

Basically, something similar to this,

2-1277407027.gif

using the text within my current avatar.

omgkitty

Clipper said:
Here's one that isn't stretched horribly out of proportion:
castle.gif

Sorry xaosslug, but fooling with the image proportions just to fill out the image size should be a big no-no.

Didn't think everyone would make a big deal over this haha, but I appreciate the work. I like both, but I think I will stick with the one with the elbows.

Clipper

racooon said:
Alreet, avatar wizards.

If you've got the time and are inclined to help out a technologically incapable joonyoor, I'd love to have my avatar as a gif, starting as

http://i.imgur.com/g2AVJ.jpg

, having the 'deal with it sunglasses' descending onto Draper's face, and then the 'deal with it' text (below) appearing.

http://i.imgur.com/0ILtK.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/2-1277407027.gif

Have you got a similar pic of him without the sunglasses? Also, a source pic with higher resolution for your destination image would be great. Getting the eyes right is going to be difficult without it.

In fact, what would look even better is if you could give us a pic without sunglasses that you would like us to apply sunglasses to. That would look much better in the end.

Just showing more appreciation here

I remember when I was a lurker just many months ago, I thought to myself "GAF has the best avatars on all of the internets"

Still very much rings true, except for [cough] MLPonyboys [/cough]

:p jk, even those are still very well done.

xaosslug

racooon said:
Alreet, avatar wizards.

http://i.imgur.com/g2AVJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0ILtK.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/2-1277407027.gif

like this:

NF64C.gif

racooon

Banned
Almost, nearly perfect. I'd like the 'deal with it text to remain for about 2 seconds, instead of being a fast-speed loop. If you're understandably not interested in adjusting the gif I could try and use GIMP >_>

racooon

Banned
On second thoughts I think I'm going to keep this avatar, it didn't really turn out as I expected.. Definitely saving the gif to post in GAF and other forums, thanks.
Please don't get mad.

MrBig

racoon.gif

Ghouse said:
How does everyone crop these gif's? (I have Adobe CS4 Design Standard but I mostly make static sigs on it)
You don't have to treat it any differently than a static image. Just use the normal crop, resize, and canvas tools.

Clipper

I don't watch the show, so I don't know if this joke pic even works, but I saw the image in a search and had to try it out...

draper.gif

Robot 492

Banned
Hello all,

Because I no longer have Photoshop on my computer, I need some assistance. Could someone please add a light black border to my current avatar?

Thanks

Clipper

BlazeDSM said:
I guess this is a good place to ask, I just made one, is there anything wrong with it like size or anything ?
Yep. There's only two rules you need to follow and you broke them both!

Rule 1: The value of width divided by height should be 0.75 or more. Yours is 80/120=0.66...
Rule 2: The file size must be no larger than 150kB (i.e., 153,600 bytes). Yours is over 193kB.

The forum will stretch your avatar to 90 width regardless of its original size, so to follow rule 1, it is best to just make it exactly 90 width and have a height of 120 or less.

Finally, this isn't a rule, but it is a good idea to maintain aspect ratio when you are resizing your images. Stretched stuff looks really ugly.

Edit: In order to fix your image, I suggest you take your source and simply reduce it to a width of 90 while checking the box (or linking the chain or whatever is in your image tool) to maintain aspect ratio when scaling.

The resulting image will pass rule 1 for sure that way, and it has a good chance of making it under the rule 2 restriction too. If the file size is still too large, then drop frames or reduce colours to reduce the file size further.

BlazeDSM

Clipper said:
Yep. There's only two rules you need to follow and you broke them both!

Rule 1: The value of width divided by height should be 0.75 or more. Yours is 80/120=0.66...
Rule 2: The file size must be no larger than 150kB (i.e., 153,600 bytes). Yours is over 193kB.

The forum will stretch your avatar to 90 width regardless of its original size, so to follow rule 1, it is best to just make it exactly 90 width and have a height of 120 or less.

Finally, this isn't a rule, but it is a good idea to maintain aspect ratio when you are resizing your images. Stretched stuff looks really ugly.

Thanks for informing me ! I'm going to fix it now,
*I hope it abides by the rules now. Thanks, clipper

Hi, I have a request.

nfdance.gif

I have this as an avatar I used on a different message board, and was wondering if someone could resize it so it would fit here. Thanks in advance if it's possible.

Clipper

Incendiary said:
Hi, I have a request.

nfdance.gif

I have this as an avatar I used on a different message board, and was wondering if someone could resize it so it would fit here. Thanks in advance if it's possible.
This was a tough one. Had to lower frame count. I've given you a choice of a jumpy full length version and a shortened version.

nfdance7.gif
nfdance8.gif

Beam said:
Can someone please resize This? Thank you.
Firstly, it's way too long to ever fit into the 150kB limit. Secondly, why the hell would you want that as an avatar? It's disgusting.

This is not a request but more of a question/opinion.

I made this GIF but not sure if I want to replace my old one. Does this GIF give any of you guys a headache? Do you prefer this over my current avatar?

mZDVX.gif

Rapstah

Grimm Fandango said:
This is not a request but more of a question/opinion.

I made this GIF but not sure if I want to replace my old one. Does this GIF give any of you guys a headache? Do you prefer this over my current avatar?

mZDVX.gif
The side-to-side motion is sort of dragging the attention away from your posts, I wouldn't recommend using it.

EDIT: or would drag, obviously.

Articate

Banned
Articate said:
is someone able to make me an avatar from this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFJOXvL_A

I've been thinking the marching from 1:00 to 1:04 in a loop. I don't know how hard that is to do, but I'm not sure if I want the first or the second guy. Whichever looks better!

Or from the marching at 1:18 - 1:21, in that case of the first guy (guy with the megaphone)

I'd be forever grateful if someone was able to help me! :>

I've been checking in in hope that someone had been so kind - I'd still hugely grateful for help on this. If anyone can give me steps to how I can do it myself, that'd also be fantastic :)

Clipper said:
This was a tough one. Had to lower frame count. I've given you a choice of a jumpy full length version and a shortened version.

nfdance7.gif
nfdance8.gif

Firstly, it's way too long to ever fit into the 150kB limit. Secondly, why the hell would you want that as an avatar? It's disgusting.
How about This
Between 10-15 please.

Ashhong

Can somebody make this picture under 150kb with as little editing as possible? I can't seem to figure out an easy way to optimize pictures in Photoshop CS5. Thanks!

2njesyd.gif

cj_iwakura

xaosslug said:
this was a really quick job. LOL I'll try again, tomorrow when I have more time, if you like. :)

ykiJw.gif

I will happily claim this version until then. (A smoother transition will be even more awesome.)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom