• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

cj_iwakura said:
I will happily claim this version until then. (A smoother transition will be even more awesome.)

Thanks!

better?

Jft1k.gif

Clipper

Shows up just fine for me. However you should consider rehosting the image on imgur or photobucket as the original image might disappear from the site where it is now.

Could someone avatar-ize this gif?

2vuwtw0.gif

Specifically, I'm interested in Andy's dance (basically the left half of the image). What would be ideal is a loop of the part where we see Andy from the side rather than the front. Camera stays static, and the dance itself looks like it would lend itself to a good loop.

I would be eternally grateful, and replace my avatar immediately.

Does everyone use GIMP to make their avatars? When I select a sample frames it just condenses it back down to a single static frame. What am I doing wrong? :(

Koodo

Banned

16bfwu9.jpg

I've been thinking of ways to improve this current delectable avatar, and I think my lightbulb has lit up!

20110322-8w7pa1fum18nq113pmp8s5an8m.png

Is it possible to make this frame stop by a few seconds? (the rest would remain unchanged). I'm thinking the frame should be frozen by 3, 5 or 7 seconds.

THANKS / GRACIAS / MERCI / FOREIGNLANGUAGE.ETC in advance!

MrBig

I don't know what program you're using there but you can set each frames individual length via the animation bar in ps.

16bfwu9.gif

16bfwu93.gif

16bfwu95.gif

16bfwu97.gif

Koodo

Banned
OMG THEY CAME OUT MORE AMAZING THAN I EXPECTED

Can you tell me for how long each frame is frozen? That way I can tag them in tinypic.

P.S. I'm not using a program, that's just how Preview (Mac) shows gifs.

P.S.S. my eternal gratitude!

How do I get rid of the white background from my avatar. I have Photoshop and used it to magic-wand away the wall he was standing in front of, but I want the white gone all together.

You have to make it transparent. Same problem as mine. I used to be able to do it so quickly in photoshop but all I have now is Gimp and I just can't seem to ever get anything right with it.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
before you save it, you have to make sure the "Background" Layer is off or deleted and you save it as a .PNG file

With the background on:
MBNFT.jpg

Without the background on:
WJJ3Z.jpg

just showing you what it looks like in photoshop.

Comparison:
ScorpionAvatar-1.gif
wYhAW.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom