• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguirre

Kotomi said:
OypPo.png
Hl9tB.png

IJVNh.png
vVi60.png

Thanks a lot!

Articate

Banned
Kotomi said:
Kind of shitty, but it was a low quality video file and too long of a timeframe.

OdRwb.gif

Oh wow! That is fantastic! Correct me if I'm mistaken, but could it look better if it were only the first set of steps? Isn't it two as it is now? Would that make for a better loop?

Really, it is already a fantastic job. I appreciate this so much!

EDIT: I managed to shorten it down and cut out the megaphone from the guy infront:

gaf.gif

Could it have been significantly better quality now that it's shorter? Is anyone able to make the loop better by having the guy be more stationary?

SECOND EDIT: Since I'm actually gonna make this my permanent avatar (forseeable future one anyway), I'd love for it to be flawless. I'd love the above, just so that it's a more or less perfect loop, as he now drifts back a bit. If anyone want to take a shot at it, I would be overcome with joy. Again, the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFJOXvL_A and the time is from 1:00 - 1:02. And huge, huge thanks to Kotomi for the help so far :>

ACE 1991 said:
Would love it if someone could resize this picture from the pics that make you laugh thread:

uPDgP.gif

8BitsAtATime said:
Can some one hook me up with a avatar?

QeDDm.png
PxG2S.png

Sebulon3k said:
Could anyone Avatar the center girl for me.
rdBx1.gif

Articate said:
SECOND EDIT: Since I'm actually gonna make this my permanent avatar (forseeable future one anyway), I'd love for it to be flawless. I'd love the above, just so that it's a more or less perfect loop, as he now drifts back a bit. If anyone want to take a shot at it, I would be overcome with joy. Again, the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFJOXvL_A and the time is from 1:00 - 1:02. And huge, huge thanks to Kotomi for the help so far :>
I'm glad you like it so far. Honestly, it's going to be extremely hard for me to make a flawless loop (maybe someone else could do better) because the camera pans back too far, too fast. I made it just the first two steps, though.

fZuv3.gif

O D I N

Kotomi said:
uPDgP.gif

QeDDm.png
PxG2S.png

rdBx1.gif

I'm glad you like it so far. Honestly, it's going to be extremely hard for me to make a flawless loop (maybe someone else could do better) because the camera pans back too far, too fast. I made it just the first two steps, though.

fZuv3.gif

How are you doing your youtube to gif work? I'll do my request myself if need be, just need to know how to do it.

Articate

Banned
Kotomi said:

fZuv3.gif

Don't sweat it :) I already love it! Maybe I'll get lucky and someone is able to congur up something, but I dunno how hard it would be. But again, thanks a lot for the awesome help! I'll edit out that megaphone and use that higher quality version tomorrow. Thanks! :>

TheLegendary said:
If anyone could make an avatar from around :28 to :31 on this video I would love you long time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSYlVFF_94

If that makes for a shitty avatar (and if it's not too much trouble) maybe :20 to :23 would be better? Not good at telling what'd make a good avatar but Im hoping :28 will work.

Thanks either way.
NHI4s.gif

I'm not too pleased with it, but making it pause at the end before looping looks bad. The :20 to :23 timeframe is too long to make a decent avatar with.

O D I N said:
How are you doing your youtube to gif work? I'll do my request myself if need be, just need to know how to do it.
I apologize. I didn't see your request.

Dcked.gif
BHS7s.gif

Kotomi said:
NHI4s.gif

I'm not too pleased with it, but making it pause at the end before looping looks bad. The :20 to :23 timeframe is too long to make a decent avatar with.

Thanks for your attempt!

Yeah...this is what I came up from a preexisting GIF I found which cuts off a littler earlier so I just paused it there. I had no idea what I was doing though so it looks super messy and I had to cut a lot of frames to fit it under space requirements haha. Although I like that it's "actual" speed.

CsucJ.gif

Thanks again for trying. Probably not the best clip.

O D I N

Kotomi said:
NHI4s.gif

I apologize. I didn't see your request.

Dcked.gif
BHS7s.gif

No problem, thanks for doing that.

Are you using photoshop or gimp?

MrBig

O D I N said:
They're on CS 5 now?! D: I think I have CS2... I'm WAAAAAAAAAAY behind.
Yeah, and pretty sure they really upped the animation capabilities in either CS3 or CS4.

I go from Youtube > trimming in mpeg streamclip > export as quicktime > resize, crop, remove frames, optimize for web in PS CS5 x86.

O D I N

MrBig said:
Yeah, and pretty sure they really upped the animation capabilities in either CS3 or CS4.

I go from Youtube > trimming in mpeg streamclip > export as quicktime > resize, crop, remove frames, optimize for web in PS CS5 x86.
Thank you sir. I'll look for a copy of this post haste.

Articate

Banned
Could someone help me properly loop my avatar? I don't know how hard it would be, but you can see it here

<-

I suppose having the source is of good help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFJOXvL_A from 1:00 to 1:02 (four beats of the song if you're musically inclined. Optimally, the tempo of the gif would be the tempo of the song). Is it doable? Also, you'd be my hero forever. I love this avatar to death, but apparently people aren't fond of not properly looped avatars :<

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Articate said:
Could someone help me properly loop my avatar? I don't know how hard it would be, but you can see it here

<-

I suppose having the source is of good help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFJOXvL_A from 1:00 to 1:02 (four beats of the song if you're musically inclined. Optimally, the tempo of the gif would be the tempo of the song). Is it doable? Also, you'd be my hero forever. I love this avatar to death, but apparently people aren't fond of not properly looped avatars :<
gave it a shot

skLZ4.gif
pEjF1.gif

Articate

Banned
Catalix said:
gave it a shot

skLZ4.gif
pEjF1.gif

Weeee :D They look fantastic! Flawless :>

Would I be an aweful bother if I asked for it in the original speed? :x I took these and increased the time to 128 ms to get it to the original tempo, but then it turns out a bit choppy as you can see:
test1.gif

I feel really silly for being so anal about this - but I just want to get my permanent avatar right :)

Or if you could tell me how you did it, I could give it a shot myself. I see the logics in the tradeoff for less speed for better quality, but it seems the quality is so low on the original that the amount of frames seems more crucial. I took a metronome to the song, and figured it's in 124 bpm. The loop is 4 beats long, so it's 1.935 seconds long. At 80 ms that gives 24 frames :)

If I'm too much of a bother and can't get it right myself, I'll probably take one of these two. They're prefectly done. So huge thanks! :) Sorry for the nitpicking. ilu! <3 (and your avatar)

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Articate said:
If I'm too much of a bother and can't get it right myself, I'll probably take one of these two. They're prefectly done. So huge thanks! :) Sorry for the nitpicking. ilu! <3 (and your avatar)
Ha, don't sweat it, man.

4gXKR.gif

The only reason why this one was a little tougher to make is because the camera is slightly zooming out in the middle of his walk cycle. It requires re-sizing about half the frames individually in order to make the loop a lot more seamless. Also had to start fresh and add more frames so the motion would be smoother at slower speeds. The timing might still be off a smidge, but it'll be easier to adjust to your liking now :)

I guess the roaming background fog messes up the loop a bit as well. I could try and fix that too, but it'd have to be later on, unless someone else wants to mess with it...

Articate

Banned
Catalix said:
Ha, don't sweat it, man.

4gXKR.gif

The only reason why this one was a little tougher to make is because the camera is slightly zooming out in the middle of his walk cycle. It requires re-sizing about half the frames individually in order to make the loop a lot more seamless. Also had to start fresh and add more frames so the motion would be smoother at slower speeds. The timing might still be off a smidge, but it'll be easier to adjust to your liking now :)

I guess the roaming background fog messes up the loop a bit as well. I could try and fix that too, but it'd have to be later on, unless someone else wants to mess with it...

You're my hero <3

EDIT: I was able to clean it up a tad (fog messes it up a bit still) and paced it to how I like it :>
walktest.gif

HUUUGE thanks, Catalix! This made my day :)

How do you guys scale images for GAF in GIMP? When I try it forces it to 90 x 68 or 160 x 120. If anyone can help me out, that would be great. For reference, this is the image I want as an avatar: image

dragonlife29 said:
How do you guys scale images for GAF in GIMP? When I try it forces it to 90 x 68 or 160 x 120. If anyone can help me out, that would be great. For reference, this is the image I want as an avatar: image
I can't help you with the resizing part, seeing as how I use Photoshop, but here's your avatar.

1EuDN.png

Boney

Banned
Clipper said:
You could make it a teensy bit bigger, but not much (a few pixels). Otherwise, you would have to crop part of the ribbon out to make it any bigger.
sorry for the late response, haven't been able to use the pc much. And yeah that's what I thought, oh well, ribbons stay!

thanks anyway herr dr!

Catalix

Catalix

M3Efv.gif
z6ILv.gif
8IH7G.gif
opBFv.gif

and the wave by itself, if anyone wants it...

O4OHT.gif
vcHqW.gif
m6aD0.gif

Catalix

Plasmid

Guess who loves you?
I do.

e:

Could you do it again if it's not a hassle? Basically just done the same, no black bars, and avatarized.

Thank you <3.

goodbyekiddio2.gif

Catalix

Plasmid said:
Could you do it again if it's not a hassle? Basically just done the same, no black bars, and avatarized.
Like this?

kXJLv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom