• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lion Heart said:
You are by and far the most annoying fanboy on gaf. Not even close. Oh, and on the last page, I counted 10 xbots vs 5 PSfanboys, give or take 1-2. Someone enlighten me, is this guy a joke character or is he just retarded?
:lol God this thread is like a giant flytrap.

Akira

TheSeks said:
OH GOD WHAT IS THIS I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH THESE THREADS!

I'm of the opinion that Forza blew the fucking DOORS off GT since Forza 1 back on the Original X-box. For me, GT has a whole lot of catching up to do.

GT has:
Pretty cars
Simulation Mode with a map
Rallies
Intergration with PS Home (most likely)
Cockpit view that was introduced in Prologue, therefore jumping Forza into doing it.

Forza has:

Online mode for career (earn online credits for auction house buying, or buying from dealer)
NO FUCKING LICENSE MODE!
Forza 1... for me... still has the best driving physics in any game with cars I've played.
Forza 1 has... REAL TIME CAR DAMAGE, something it took GT 5 games to do.
Forza has a user customizable deep layer photoshop style car customization look system. GT5 (AFAIK) will not have this system and you only have dealer colors/no bells and whistles to truly "OWN" your car.
Point to Point (Rally, whatever you want to call them, Sprint? I'll go with Sprint since NFS:Underground 2 called them that) races, which was fucking dropped from Forza 2 much to my shame.

They're about even in terms of cars and shit, but for me Forza edges out in terms of physics, dropping bullshit license tests, and simluation driving phsyics/car damage effecting the driving of that car.

I'm waiting for GT5 to try to impress me with driving physics/car damage, but the only reason I'm interested in GT5 over Forza is the Top Gear Test Track for my own "Star in a Resonable Priced Car" laps. (Something Forza fans were BEGGING Turn 10 to get, but apparently the BBC inked a deal with Polyphony?)

And that's my only post in this thread. Frankly, they're both ho-hum for me in things because they both don't have point-to-point and want us to race circuits. If I wanted to do that, I'd buy a damn Nascar game. :|

(Forza 1 had sprints that made the game feel like I was just joyriding a car, which was nice, it's too bad there wasn't a whole lot of them and Forza 2 dropped them. :()

Point-to-point is returning in FM3 along with Fujimi Kaido in HD glory. :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
7 pages :lol

and people said we didn't need this type of thread

LET THE HATE OUT EMBRACE YOUR ANGER

ypo

jett said:
Unlike _all_ of the screenshots Team10 has released, amirite? I likes me some hypocrisy.

Don't worry "At Turn 10 we don't do bullshots" as touted by that some Internet manager so it must be true. Can't be any more definitive than that.

Pug

Doc Evils said:
wtf.:lol

I'm sure you know more than Jeremy Clarkson.:lol

Off course I don't know more than JC, but fact is I would never buy a car from a review from Top Gear. Its a comic book show, not to be taken seriously. They did have experts years ago, such as Tif (ex formula 1) but he left to go to channel 5 with the other Top Gear guys.

And more importantly they know bugger all about Video games, be them car games or otherwise.

Gowans

Keikoku said:
So this is basically the FM3 trolling thread. Nicely done SDF. Annoying fanboys already turned this thread at what they wanted it to be.
Who cares this thread is to clean up the gt5 & forza 3 threads & it's worked.

I've just read this thread, Take it for what it is and cone back once & a while for a laugh or to use as a study of gaf members in the wild, it's like a crazy gaf social experiment.

Sad thing is this thread will probaby have more discussion than the other threads at the mo.

And with that I'm out, can't wait to actaully play both games and see what they feel like and how fun they are (which I'm sure both will be).

Doc Evils

Hey guys it's quote time!

"Forza 3 delivers the thrills that our competition can't"

"Forza 3 is the best looking racing game on any console, and the biggest racing game of this generation"

“We're shipping the definitive racing game of this generation”

"So, props to Kazunori Yamauchi-san and the team. I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school. The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes with us right now."

dejan

Keikoku said:
So this is basically the FM3 trolling thread. Nicely done SDF. Annoying fanboys already turned this thread at what they wanted it to be.
Dude I just .... can't .... seriously, why are you doing this to yourself?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Let's continue some of the ridiculous comparisons already made in this thread with this old goodie:

GTPlanet: InsideSimRacing's Forza 2 vs GT5:p head to head shootout

This head-to-head shootout between GT5 Prologue and Forza 2 by the Inside Sim Racing guys caused quite a stir in our forums last week, and it’s worth posting here for those of you who missed it. Needless to say, the latest GT game didn’t fare quite so well, partly due to the fact that it wasn’t able to provide the features, size, or scale of a complete title. This has put some GT fans up in arms, and you can argue that some of the evaluated criteria wasn’t appropriate. That aside, their critiques are honest. More than anything, though, the review spotlights what features Gran Turismo 5 needs the most in order to stay competitive.

dejay

Banned
TheSeks said:
And that's my only post in this thread. Frankly, they're both ho-hum for me in things because they both don't have point-to-point and want us to race circuits. If I wanted to do that, I'd buy a damn Nascar game. :|

(Forza 1 had sprints that made the game feel like I was just joyriding a car, which was nice, it's too bad there wasn't a whole lot of them and Forza 2 dropped them. :()

FM3 has point to point. Not sure about GT5.

skybaby

Doc Evils said:

"Forza 3 is the best looking racing game on any console, and the biggest racing game of this generation"

"So, props to Kazunori Yamauchi-san and the team. I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school. The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes with us right now."
Still butthurt over that eh? :lol

Cheeto

Doc Evils said:

Well, that about wraps it up for Forza....it had a good run

bishoptl said:
Konichiwa, bitches!

GT5 and FM3 threads shall be spared contamination.

Bring it to either of the other threads as of 10:45am PST today and you're done until New Year's. Unless you're a junior, in which case you'll be permed.

Toodles!

3-18-09+R+rods+back+view.JPG

Niks

Someone please post the japanese downhill track gif from Forza 3...
That, I really liked...

hopefully GT5 will also include point to point events...

TheSeks said:

Forza has:

Online mode for career (earn online credits for auction house buying, or buying from dealer)
NO FUCKING LICENSE MODE!
Forza 1... for me... still has the best driving physics in any game with cars I've played.
Forza 1 has... REAL TIME CAR DAMAGE, something it took GT 5 games to do.
Forza has a user customizable deep layer photoshop style car customization look system. GT5 (AFAIK) will not have this system and you only have dealer colors/no bells and whistles to truly "OWN" your car.
Point to Point (Rally, whatever you want to call them, Sprint? I'll go with Sprint since NFS:Underground 2 called them that) races, which was fucking dropped from Forza 2 much to my shame.

Well your opinion was easy enough to discredit. Play some more racing sims buddy, you are missing out.

Cheeto

Niks said:
Someone please post the japanese downhill track gif...

That, I really liked... hopefully GT5 will also include point to point events...
No, someone please post the car sliding sideways as it's stopped on the embanked turn gif.

Lion Heart said:
You are by and far the most annoying fanboy on gaf. Not even close. Oh, and on the last page, I counted 10 xbots vs 5 PSfanboys, give or take 1-2. Someone enlighten me, is this guy a joke character or is he just retarded?

Yeah I get the feeling he's a joke character. Hard to tell. Anyway so far this thread has been cool, most people are laughing and being civilized. Good times.

RavenFox

Banned
dejay said:
While I found the picture quite amusing I don't think Top Gear is really that unbiased when it comes to a competitor of a product they have a close relationship with. Pretty much every other person who has gotten a hands on has been positive about the handling.
SPIN IT
talespin.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The-Warning said:
Yeah I get the feeling he's a joke character. Hard to tell. Anyway so far this thread has been cool, most people are laughing and being civilized. Good times.
It'll really get messy once the Forza 3 demo hits in a day or so.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
eso76 said:
that's true, and one of the things which show PD different/better 'artistic' skills.
also that trailer sold me a london elektricity lp, like i said elsewhere.
Yeah, I had never hearld LE, and I quite like the track featured in the GT trailer. Will take a look at their work.

That said, the FM3 track was done by Alex Metric and is also awesome. London Elektricity is more drum and bass while Alex Metric is a bit more house and breaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvjVgLA3r4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsiqku1-09c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFLMXC7ix0&feature=related

How is that people listen to Top Gear for million dollar car reviews, but have to dismiss whatever negative they say about Forza 3 as bias ? Because the Top Gear Test Track is in one game and not the other ?

Death Dealer said:
How is that people listen to Top Gear for million dollar car reviews, but have to dismiss whatever negative they say about Forza 3 as bias ? Because the Top Gear Test Track is in one game and not the other ?

because every time i hear JC and co talking about games consoles they use the word "playstation" no matter what the console is. Much like most ppls parents etc

KHarvey16

Death Dealer said:

If a group associated with a track that only appeared in FM3 reviewed GT5 and made similar comments, what do you imagine the reaction from the other side of the fence would be?

Serious question. We can all try to be a little honest here.

And in all actuality the review is mostly pretty positive. Their comments about the "magic carpet," when taken in context, appear to describe how the feel about simulations in general. They just got done doing some laps don't forget.

Death Dealer said:
they don't review games for a living? they have a vested interest in one doing well and no vested interest in the other?

shrug.

Tom Penny

From a graphics perspective RE5 has better post processing, HDR, textures, animations. Lost Planet 2 also looks better than both of these games...

dejay

Banned
RavenFox said:

Find me another reputable, non-affiliated source that gives the same opinion as that Top Gear preview and I'll change my mind. As it stands, I don't trust any preview from an organisation that has very deep ties with it's competitor. Asking Top Gear to give an unbiased preview of FM2 is like asking Che to give an unbiased preview of GT5.

You should be a little more cynical when you look at impressions, previews and reviews on the net.

jett

D-Member
plagiarize said:
they don't review games for a living? they have a vested interest in one doing well and no vested interest in the other?

shrug.

I doubt they get a royalty payment for each copy of GT5 that is sold. :p

I'd like to read their impressions of GT5P, if they have any.

RavenFox

Banned
Gaz Pwnage said:
because every time i hear JC and co talking about games consoles they use the word "playstation" no matter what the console is. Much like most ppls parents etc
Yeah so what? People say that all the time when talking about gaming systems. Obama says Xbox in his speeches. Doesn't mean he hates or loves it. To say that they reviewed it just to talk shit is way out there. If you read the full review it explains it better that that excerpt that's quoted.

Yoritomo

Death Dealer said:

Almost anything by Aston Martin is the best car... in the world. They're full of bias. It's actually one of the reasons the show is so awesome. Bias gets viewership.

Rad Agast

RSTEIN said:
7 pages :lol

and people said we didn't need this type of thread

LET THE HATE OUT EMBRACE YOUR ANGER

Well, we wouldn't need this thread if every one can be civil in the other two threads and just discuss things properly.

Top Bottom