• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

dejay

Banned
jett said:
AW SNAP Keikoku got banned, fucking finally. Best thread ever confirmed.

And he didn't see it coming :lol

(edit) Oh shit, it's been very entertaining, now I'm late for work.....

RavenFox

Banned
dejay said:
Find me another reputable, non-affiliated source that gives the same opinion as that Top Gear preview and I'll change my mind. As it stands, I don't trust any preview from an organisation that has very deep ties with it's competitor. Asking Top Gear to give an unbiased preview of FM2 is like asking Che to give an unbiased preview of GT5.

You should be a little more cynical when you look at impressions, previews and reviews on the net.
Oh give me a break. If you really knew who these guys are you would know they weren't out to diss the game. They are not forum posters that live for fud or some some sensational review gaming site. Read the whole review. Also, my post to you was just a jab don't take it serious.

gutterboy44 said:
29z643m.gif

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDa5dMmfZ4

Watching the gif with the song playing is just amazing :lol

Chrange

Banned
jett said:
AW SNAP Keikoku got banned, fucking finally. Best thread ever confirmed.

So he got banned for trolling in the thread that's supposed to contain the trolling? Or did he go 'off reserve' lol

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
As a confirmed Xbot. I should be more interested in FM3 but strangely, I'm actually more interested in GT5. Am I going soft?

Second question. Are the logitech G25 steering wheels worth it? Do they work on 360, PC and PS3?

Chrange said:
So he got banned for trolling in the thread that's supposed to contain the trolling? Or did he go 'off reserve' lol

i would guess its cause he was moaning about the disscusions going on when this is actually what the thread is about.

He shouldnt of been posting in here really if he was getting so offended by it :lol

Angst

Chrange said:
I think he got banned for whining about trolling in a thread where mods say trolling is ok. :lol :lol

jett

D-Member
Chrange said:

It's more of a matter of his post history, and acting like a douche in this thread.

dejan

dark10x said:
Yeah, I had never hearld LE, and I quite like the track featured in the GT trailer. Will take a look at their work.

That said, the FM3 track was done by Alex Metric and is also awesome. London Elektricity is more drum and bass while Alex Metric is a bit more house and breaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvjVgLA3r4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsiqku1-09c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFLMXC7ix0&feature=related
Ha ha awesome, that's one of my favorite tracks in Pacific Rift. I actually tried to track down the song in the Forza trailer yesterday. Didn't knew it's from the same dude. Thanks!

Chinner

Banned
do you know that in the army they use forza and gt to train soldiers that they're able to run over their enemies and innocent citizens ? its a well proven fact that PETA exposed last year. this system was introduced in the 70s which had a increase of attacks from 20 to 95%. it's also been proven that the hijackers of 9/11 where huge fans of forza and gt.

then you compare it to mario kart, and you see that every intelligent, peace loving and influential has played mario kart in some way or form. Charles Darwin wrote in the origins of species: "i really love mario kart, i think".

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how about wheels? Those of you that are serious console gamers presumably play with a wheel. Isn't the 360 crippled in that respect compared to the PS3?

Angst

cyberheater said:
As a confirmed Xbot. I should be more interested in FM3 but strangely, I'm actually more interested in GT5. Am I going soft?
Yes. Limp might be a better word.
j/k

cyberheater said:
Second question. Are the logitech G25 steering wheels worth it? Do they work on 360, PC and PS3?
PC - yes. PS3 - yes. 360 - no. 360 uses it's own proprietary USB format, XID, whereas PS3 and PC uses HID. So no go unfortunately.
mrklaw said:
how about wheels? Those of you that are serious console gamers presumably play with a wheel. Isn't the 360 crippled in that respect compared to the PS3?
See above. I wouldn't say that the 360 is crippled, but you can't use the same wheels for 360 as PS3 and PC. Except the Fanatec wheel which (I assume) uses a dongle to overcome the XID/HID incompatibilities.

jaypah

ahhh, fanboys who swear they're neutral finally showing their full allegiance. what a breath of fresh air this thread is. definitely good for some lulz.

Chinner said:
do you know that in the army they use forza and gt to train soldiers that they're able to run over their enemies and innocent citizens ? its a well proven fact that PETA exposed last year. this system was introduced in the 70s which had a increase of attacks from 20 to 95%. it's also been proven that the hijackers of 9/11 where huge fans of forza and gt.

then you compare it to mario kart, and you see that every intelligent, peace loving and influential has played mario kart in some way or form. Charles Darwin wrote in the origins of species: "i really love mario kart, i think".

Excite truck has realtime terrain deformation and custom soundtracks and trucks. Making it vastly superior to your precious Mario Kart.

Chinner said:
lets not forget that mario kart encourages friendship and teamwork. in double dash for example you have two people working together and helping each other out. and once its all over and done with, everyone drives around the map and just chill.

then you look at forza 3 and gt5, which encourage hatred and anger. it's capitalist system ENCOURAGES everyone to be dicks and hurt your fellow man, and the game never shows you who you're driving against because if knows if you see their face you'll become friends and be happy. funnily enough i was reading a research paper and it say that forza and gt are responsible for about 40% of real life car crashes.

when will they learn?
in mario kart, karts are unlocked as the direct result of your own labor and awarded by society as a whole. each kart addresses the individual needs of its driver, while maintaining a sense of cultural identity. racers are multi-ethnic, coming from many races and countries and are not expected to change their karts to assimilate into the norm of the mushroom kingdom.

so called "driving simulators," on the other hand, give you currency in exchange for your hard work. can you eat paper or numbers? no. your hard-earned reward goes directly into the pockets of privately-owned capitalist auto manufacturers with proven track records of crimes against the third world and all international laborers. you are given a car awash in the blood of minorities, burning copious amounts of fossil fuels (again, stolen from the collective of the people), so that white capitalist millionaire patriarchal males can enjoy watching penis extensions covered in advertisements, as they zoom around on huge tracts of land that could be used for farming, housing, or education for the public good

death to turn10, death to polyphony

SuperBonk

GT has always looked amazing graphically. I remember how floored I was after seeing GT3 and 4 on the PS2. It looks like that hasn't changed

That said, the driving model, realistic as it may be, was just not fun to play for me and the license tests were just painful.

So then I tried Forza which I enjoyed at first. But I made the mistake of leaving the line assist on (if I turned it off, I feared the game would be just like GT!) which made the game feel less like a game and more like some tedious activity. I actually felt incredibly drowsy during the majority of the races. And there was hardly any variety in the tracks.

Since I only have a 360 now, I'm very interested in Forza 3 because they also seem to be catering to the casual car enthusiast. Not sure if that's enough for the price they're asking for though.

m0dus

Banned
Melfice7 said:
29z643m.gif

looks like its on rails o_o

You DO know that's a shaky cam vid, right? ;)

belvedere said:

You DO know that's from a work-in-progress, right? ;)

Seriously kiddies. Dispense with the somethingawful.com gif parade and get to some actual intelligent comparisons.

jeu_ps3_32.jpg

SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!

Cheeto

m0dus said:

Seriously kiddies. Dispense with the somethingawful.com gif parade and get to some actual comparisons.

jeu_ps3_32.jpg

SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!
warface.jpg

GT5 will have prettier replays, and cool jazz menu music but
after playing both Forza2 and GT5P, I think Forza gameplay > GT gameplay.
Plus, XBL is a superior online platform which I gladly pay $3 a month for.

belvedere

Junior Butler
m0dus said:

WTF?

I'd ask if I said something wrong, but I didn't say anything at all. I wasn't criticizing anything.

I like the .gif I posted, the way the door reacts and the subtle dip of the suspension shows insane attention to detail.

fortified_concept said:
Hehe. I didn't expect anything good to come out of this thread but I was gladly mistaken.

Holy shit *High five!*. I thought this thread was a bad idea, goes to show you how wrong you can be sometimes :D

Anyway, I probably wont play Forza3 since im not a fan of the physics (of the past games), but im willing to give it a try, like I do every racer this gen. Shit, I think i've played them all without realizing it lol. Im glad Forza is made though, if anything, its probably pushing Polyphony in the online department. We still don't know what GT5's online will be like, but its safe to assume Forza has influenced their end result.

With that said...Forza totally copied GT in their logo :p

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Angst said:
I think he got banned for whining about trolling in a thread where mods say trolling is ok. :lol :lol

Quite an achievement really.

cyberheater

Angst said:
Yes. Limp might be a better word.
j/k

PC - yes. PS3 - yes. 360 - no. 360 uses it's own proprietary USB format, XID, whereas PS3 and PC uses HID. So no go unfortunately.

See above. I wouldn't say that the 360 is crippled, but you can't use the same wheels for 360 as PS3 and PC. Except the Fanatec wheel which (I assume) uses a dongle to overcome the XID/HID incompatibilities.

Thanks for the heads up. I think at a push I can live without 360 support providing I use it on PS3/PC.

SuperÑ said:
I really don't know what is this "magic carpet" thing :S
The TopGear website folks were able to play the game and give some feedback on their website, they said the cars sometimes feel like magic carpets because there was no feedback from the road and the motion was too smooth, or something like that.

jett

D-Member
Diablohead said:
Polyphoney does it again!

Am I doing this right?

09kr8.jpg

Actually yeah, that in-game picture is pretty close in quality to the CGI BULLSHIT PD SUX LULZ trailer, only difference is the shadow resolution.

517wl.jpg

This in-game picture too:

11ao6.jpg

vukxy.jpg

The lighting quality is virtually the same. Not bad for a game that is nearly two years old, with an engine even older than that. :)

Top Bottom