• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Firewire

Banned
enzo_gt said:
That's fucking awesome, I never thought they'd include that. So rarely seen on Enzo in-game models, i think that's a first. Does anyone know if any Forza 3 cars have that? Not trying to troll I just want to know. Will be picking up Forza 3 because I only own a 360.

EDIT: Is there any footage on the enzo in GT5?

Another pic from GT5 of the air brake/spoiler (love the engine detail). No idea if Forza has it or not, I think there was a spot in a trailer for GT5 that had the Enzo in it but I can't find it.

1znpder.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Goldrusher said:
Nope, but there's probably some PSP footage on YouTube though.

Other cars with "moving parts" have the correct animations too. The Mclaren SLR has a similar spoiler, the Veyron has one, which also functions as an airbrake (the wing switches to an almost vertical position and acts like the parachutes on dragsters).

It's not an airbrake, but a spoiler for downforce. Comes up at ~120kph, goes back down at ~220kph.

True, the Enzo's is more of a spoiler, but I thought the SLR's was a full-on airbrake? Never seen the SLR use it's wing for downforce before.

Youtube was down for maintenance but I caught a glimpse at GameTrailers. soooo good.

Firewire said:
Another pic from GT5 of the air brake (love the engine detail). No idea if Forza has it or not, I think there was a spot in a trailer for GT5 that had the Enzo in it but I can't find it.

1znpder.jpg

*creams jeans* Want.

imtehman

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I am really surprised people aren't just playing FM3 and FM2 on their machines to see the clear visual differences completely absent in these screenshots.

most of these guys trolling FOrza only own a ps3 duhh

Interfectum

IronFistedChampion said:
iLul

You've got some serious problems when your game can be compared to a portable one. :lol :lol

Closer than I thought.

But be prepared now for an onslaught of personal attacks from Forza fanatics.

IronFistedChampion said:
iLul

You've got some serious problems when your game can be compared to a portable one. :lol :lol

Yep, I can see the difference, in one of those games you can bump another car out of the way then race all by yourself, just like the console version.

Firewire

Banned
imtehman said:
most of these guys trolling FOrza only own a ps3 duhh

So a web site compares F2 & F3 and states that there isn't that much of a graphical difference but it's apparently the fault of PS3 owners and not Turn 10.

Get a life!

evolution

Are some of you sure Forza doesn't show working air brakes or moving spoilers? I mean T10 had that whole in-depth look at how they modeled the bugatti. Then again i don't remember seeing them working in the video either.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Guys maybe its just that the PS3 is more powerful then the 360 and this is the reason Forza dont look as good as GT5....Damn those GT5 pics are just WOW.

Doc Evils

evolution said:
Are some of you sure Forza doesn't show working air brakes or moving spoilers? I mean T10 had that whole in-depth look at how they modeled the bugatti. Then again i don't remember seeing them working in the video either.

I'm sure it must do, since it is the definitive game right?

Firewire said:
So a web site compares F2 & F3 and states that there isn't that much of a graphical difference but it's apparently the fault of PS3 owners and not Turn 10.

Get a life!

Well, I have Forza 2 and play Forza 3 and there's a huge different between the two ... why would I need a website to show me something I can see unless I am a PS3-only fanboys and just need something to troll other game. Hmm...may be you should take your own advice also.

commedieu

Banned
If you have an arcade 360, you wont even be able to enjoy "400 cars with over 100 tracks!" No, you will have to buy a Hard Drive to enjoy the full game. Or, you can choose parts of the second disc to install. 1.9gb install.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031109p1.html

Turn10 should release a Xbox360 requirements list, so you know what extra things you have to buy to enjoy the full game including XBL fees to play online. So that arcade owners with 512mb memory cards know they can only have 300 vehicles and miss out on 29 tracks without upgrading, unless those 10x more polygon models take up 3mb's or so.

So the graphics are reduced, which was the #1 thing boasted on by Turn10, and actually playing the game will also be another hurdle.

The funny thing is turn10 could have just kept their mouth shut.. Presented the game sort of the way Naughty Dog did, and enjoyed the previews/reviews, and no one would be here.

Forza is such a great series, no clue in the world why Turn10 decided to blatantly lie about the game. I guess they thought Polyphony was going to be at E3, but even then. The insults didn't stop there. It really just boils down to making no sense.

Im glad that everyone has caught on to the dog & pony show that was the bullshots, and now people are comparing forza2 to forza3 to really see the 10x polygon cars in action, that look literally the same. Bravo on the lighting model, but GTHD had it as did many games when F2 released.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cheeto said:
:lol Are you guys serious? Air brakes?? Do you even know what air brakes are?

Yeah, some of us do. I don't get what your trying to say, unless the only air brakes you've heard of are on trucks.

mbslrmclaren05realcar.jpg

Cheeto said:
:lol Are you guys serious? Air brakes?? Do you even know what air brakes are?
A lot of fast and supercars have them, and most of the time only work if enabled by the driver or when going speeds faster then regular road limits (because we all know at 30mph they are not going to work well if at all.

They exists and have done on cars for quite a while now.

KaYotiX

Banned
GT5 should look better than Forza 3.....its been in development for over 5 years, Forza 3 did an amazing turn around in the time they got.

Im glad im not a blind fanboy and will enjoy both.

Shurs

KaYotiX said:
GT5 should look better than Forza 3.....its been in development for over 5 years, Forza 3 did an amazing turn around in the time they got.

What was the development time on Prologue?

Doc Evils

Andronicus said:
if there is 1 thing boh sides can agree on please let it be that the The Porsche Panamera IS A FUCKING ABOMINATION!

porsche-panamera.jpg

Good thing it's going to be axed in 2011 along with the Cayenne.

commedieu said:
If you have an arcade 360, you wont even be able to enjoy "400 cars with over 100 tracks!" No, you will have to buy a Hard Drive to enjoy the full game. Or, you can choose parts of the second disc to install. 1.9gb install.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031109p1.html

Turn10 should release a Xbox360 requirements list, so you know what extra things you have to buy to enjoy the full game including XBL fees to play online. So that arcade owners with 512mb memory cards know they can only have 300 vehicles and miss out on 29 tracks without upgrading, unless those 10x more polygon models take up 3mb's or so.

So the graphics are reduced, which was the #1 thing boasted on by Turn10, and actually playing the game will also be another hurdle.

The funny thing is turn10 could have just kept their mouth shut.. Presented the game sort of the way Naughty Dog did, and enjoyed the previews/reviews, and no one would be here.

Forza is such a great series, no clue in the world why Turn10 decided to blatantly lie about the game. I guess they thought Polyphony was going to be at E3, but even then. The insults didn't stop there. It really just boils down to making no sense.

Im glad that everyone has caught on to the dog & pony show that was the bullshots, and now people are comparing forza2 to forza3 to really see the 10x polygon cars in action, that look literally the same. Bravo on the lighting model, but GTHD had it as did many games when F2 released.

This should be interesting.

LCfiner

ZealousD said:
Now do this with GT5 and GTPSP!

exactly. that video comparison was stupid, even for this thread. :lol any game shrunk down to the size of a postage stamp is gonna be robbed of its details.

Oh, and completely agreed on that Porsche Panamera. uuuuugly.

the wacky Lambo 4 door concept looks much nicer (but still a little odd)

medium_2904970450_362db83fa0_o.jpg

Haunted

KaYotiX said:

The best thing about all this is that they're not releasing head to head, plenty of time to enjoy each game in their respective release frames.

6+ months for racing aficionados to sink their teeth into Forza 3 until GT5 comes out.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
U K Narayan said:
That's the Estoque. I think it's fucking sex.

Same, I like the Aston sedan as well, and if Ferrari made a 4/5 door car it would probably be sexy as well. I think Porsche's designers are just incompetent, when the bestselling version of your flagship model looks like a fucking Beetle, you know your car is ugly.

edit: Here's a pic of a 4 door exotic done right

aston_martin_rapide-06.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
U K Narayan said:
That's the Estoque. I think it's fucking sex.

I don't like the front of it. Looks like it's been compressed or something.

And yes, we all agree the Panamera is disgustingly ugly. Just please, don't post another picture of it again.

commedieu

Banned
evolution said:

No Forza3 doesn't have accurate vehicle mechanical representations. Same with the driver shifting. A glimpse into why might be the same reasoning for the no driver animations.

Turn10 said that getting the hands to shift accurately while steering was a challenge to do right, and they didn't want the hands clipping the wheel so they decided to preserve the pure quality of gameplay and not do it.

As far as why Turn10 couldn't accurately reproduce the parts & mechanics of airbrakes/active spoilers... not sure.

But its years beyond anything I've ever seen in racing games.. even PC games. And I play a ton of racers.

Shurs said:
What was the development time on Prologue?

GT4- Dec 28, 2004 JP release
GTHD-Dec 24,2006 JP release
GT5p-Dec 13, 2007 JP release

Btw, whoever said GTHD was still available on PSN is full of shit. It's not there, it was taken off the fucking store years ago.

DeadGzuz

Banned
KHarvey16 said:
Is Prologue a snapshot of GT5 development up to the point of its release or was it its own distinct piece of software?

I would call it a snapshot for the technology, who knows about the content (cars, tracks,etc.).

theignoramus said:
Btw, whoever said GTHD was still available on PSN is full of shit. It's not there, it was taken off the fucking store years ago.

It'll still be available to download from your download list if you grabbed it while it was originally released.

bran

GSG Flash said:
Same, I like the Aston sedan as well, and if Ferrari made a 4/5 door car it would probably be sexy as well. I think Porsche's designers are just incompetent, when the bestselling version of your flagship model looks like a fucking Beetle, you know your car is ugly.

edit: Here's a pic of a 4 door exotic done right

]http://www.tuningnews.net/wallpaper/1024x768/aston_martin_rapide-06.jpg]

lol no fair, Astons will beat anything style-wise

Valkyr Junkie said:
It'll still be available to download from your download list if you grabbed it while it was originally released.
Well fuck me, it is!
Downloading right now, I havnt played it since Xmas of 07, it'll be cool to note the graphical differences between it and Prologue. Who were the buffoons saying that PD wouldnt be able to get more than a couple cars on track with GTHD graphics?
:lol :lol :lol

Cheeto

Diablohead said:
A lot of fast and supercars have them, and most of the time only work if enabled by the driver or when going speeds faster then regular road limits (because we all know at 30mph they are not going to work well if at all.

They exists and have done on cars for quite a while now.
Yeah, I know
parachute.jpg
<- Air Brakes

Naughtboy

Banned
G Rom said:
Here are some gameplay screenshots.
'Tried to get the same lightning direction.

Again,
Pure digital (4:2:2) direct feed on both platform to be as fair as possible.
Lossless PNG (click on thumbnails).

Thank you for bringing in some honesty into this thread, i know GT5 looks better than Forza 3 does, but people are making it seems as if both games are generations apart. Forza 3 looks amazing, its just that GT5 looks more real.

Finally some truth, these screens are excellent comparisons. The gap between both games isn't as big as some of you out there think it is. (Well in terms of graphics)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Naughtboy said:
Thank you for bringing in some honesty into this thread, i know GT5 looks better than Forza 3 does, but people are making it seems as if both games are generations apart. Forza 3 looks amazing, its just that GT5 looks more real.

Finally some truth, these screens are excellent comparisons. The gap between both games isn't as big as some of you out there think it is. (Well in terms of graphics)

I agree with this. Finally something without blind fanboys bitching over which game is better with pictures that aren't remotely similar. GT5 looks slightly better all things considered to me. But gameplay comes down to preference really. And damage, once they finally show that in GT5.

Top Bottom