• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Yoritomo

Mr.Green said:
If you haven't already, you really should post on Thomas' blog. He actually reads the comments and replies to them.

I've been in contact with Armin already. It's not the wheel that's malfunctioning it's the game.

ShapeGSX

Lima said:
Faster acceleration. Also you can map the clutch to A and press both clutch and shift at the same time. Without going off the throttle too since T10 for the second time didn't feel like implementing damage while doing so.

I actually power shift my Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX all the time. It isn't as damaging as you might think. Basically, you keep the gas on the floor, put a little pressure on the gear shift, then as soon as you hit the clutch the shifter will loosen up, letting you into the next gear, then let up on the clutch and the shift is done.

And yes, it does amazing things for acceleration, particularly in turbo cars since the turbo never spools down.

In fact, I'm power shifting in this video (2G Eclipse in the far lane):
http://youtu.be/CJKqII6R4F4

Though, the 1-2 shift looks a little slow in that one. 2-3 and 3-4 are quick, though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
out of curiosity, and boredom, what are everyones top 3 tracks and top 3 cars to drive?

tracks:
camino veijo extreme
infineon long
road atlanta

cars:
lancia stratos
m3

G Rom

I'm not sure if it's an isolated case but the Ferrari 8 cylinders championship has a R2 872 458 Challenge as an AI. Problem is that I just checked, the only way to get a PI this high with the Challenge is to swap the engine and put the V12 of the Enzo. Of course, when I try to enter the championship, the game tells me that my car isn't legal for this event because it now has 12 cylinders. So, what do you think ? AIs are cheating with upgrades ?

skyfinch

op_ivy said:
out of curiosity, and boredom, what are everyones top 3 tracks and top 3 cars to drive?

tracks:
Nurburgring Nordschleife (all time favourite)
Infineon
Alps (believe it or not)

cars:
Madza Furai (wish it had a better top speed)
Nissan GT-R
Ferrari 430 (love the look of the cockpit)

op_ivy said:

tracks:
camino veijo extreme
infineon long
road atlanta

cars:
lancia stratos
m3
No Amalfi?! No Fujimi?!

ATTENTION MODS: POSSIBLE ACCOUNT HIJACK IN PROGRESS

:p

op_ivy

Big Takeover said:
No Amalfi?! No Fujimi?!

ATTENTION MODS: POSSIBLE ACCOUNT HIJACK IN PROGRESS

:p

amalfi short is over too soon, but you are right, i missed an opportunity to harass turn 10 for my positano long!

and fujimi kaido is pretty bad IMO. i am not a fan.

op_ivy

Yoritomo said:
I would have put amalfi but I didn't feel comfortable celebrating such a huge loss :/

you are a good man.

also, to elaborate on my semi-dislike of kaido - its too curvy for faster cars and too wide for slower cars (not to mention the uphill bits).

nagge

Slayer you bastard, tried to beat your time on the nürbGT pass event for an hour...just to get the same exact time.

Although it has to be said I'm technically ahead of you ;)

kamkor

Neo Member
Big Takeover said:
Thomas said:
This "countersteering bug" might be related but so far it is not proven that it is actually a driving aid nor that you can feel any difference in driving.

We have noticed that the telemetry screnn does not actually show the exact input the wheel gives to the game so it could be just an optical issue.

The dude that makes the game, and the dude that makes the wheel both don't notice that full op-lock comes way too early? What the hell?

There is no hope. :(

For anyone who had any experience with pc sims, or real life drifting or racing, forza 4 with fanatec csr is HORRIBLE. Feels very fake. Both with 900 degree glitch, and without.

I might just play this with a pad.

I don't know if anyone else this problem...but I just hate the GT-R. that thing is supposed to be godlike but it pushes like a fat pig. even after tuning, i just hate driving the thing. I am sure there are tunes out there, but for as great as it supposedly is in the real world, i sure as hell hate it in this game.

Mascot

Yoritomo said:
Here's the bug list of things I've noticed so far.

Don't forget that the 'adaptive AI' in World Tour mode is a completely broken joke. The AI drives on 'medium' difficulty at best, and (for me) has done all the way up to level 50. All races are won by at least half a lap, even with vastly inferior PI, sometimes a whole class below.

At one time I thought there was a difficulty spike around level 20 but this was a mistake on my part.

Have Turn 10 said ANYTHING about this?

ShapeGSX

AlanzTalon said:
I don't know if anyone else this problem...but I just hate the GT-R. that thing is supposed to be godlike but it pushes like a fat pig. even after tuning, i just hate driving the thing. I am sure there are tunes out there, but for as great as it supposedly is in the real world, i sure as hell hate it in this game.

Huh. I love driving that car. I'm used to driving AWD cars though.

eek5

Yoritomo said:
Here's the bug list of things I've noticed so far.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4916685.aspx

Here is an interesting one that is potentially market ruining.

6266652149_caf7e444ff_z.jpg

sneaky77

skyfinch said:
Does the inclusion of Hockenhiem count as a bug/glitch? :D

is not a horrible track, Indy is far worse imo.. even though I took the time to beat your time in rivals there the other day lol

skyfinch

sneaky77 said:
is not a horrible track, Indy is far worse imo.. even though I took the time to beat your time in rivals there the other day lol

Just keep in mind, I was using Kinect steering with voice activated clutch.

Seanspeed

Banned
Lima said:
Faster acceleration. Also you can map the clutch to A and press both clutch and shift at the same time. Without going off the throttle too since T10 for the second time didn't feel like implementing damage while doing so.
Yea, you CAN keep the throttle floored while shifting with the clutch, but you're not getting the 'advantage' if you do so. You need to lift if you want to do a proper shift.

p3tran

Banned
nagge said:
Slayer you bastard, tried to beat your time on the nürbGT pass event for an hour...just to get the same exact time.

Although it has to be said I'm technically ahead of you ;)
I'm coming to get both of you turttles

I build a car especially for the occasion:

getphotogkic.jpg

8)

Shaneus

Me during the last lap (in this session) of that Positano TG Rivals thing:
Good, clean start.
Fuck, traffic. Still ahead of ghost...
FUCK. More traffic.
*Ghost goes by*
Fuck it, keep driving anyway.
*finish line*
Congratulations, you have defeated Masscot.

Sad thing is, if it wasn't for so many laps with tiny bumps either in the last half of the preceding track (seriously, the sensitivity here for that is woeful... any bumps in the last half are counted toward the next! ARGH) I'd have pulled an even better time. Hit a 1:18, I think.

So, yeah. Hi Mascot :D

G Rom said:
I'm not sure if it's an isolated case but the Ferrari 8 cylinders championship has a R2 872 458 Challenge as an AI. Problem is that I just checked, the only way to get a PI this high with the Challenge is to swap the engine and put the V12 of the Enzo. Of course, when I try to enter the championship, the game tells me that my car isn't legal for this event because it now has 12 cylinders. So, what do you think ? AIs are cheating with upgrades ?
The AI sucks anyway, give all 11 drivers the same car and some how the lower tier drivers can't accelerate the same as the better drivers in a straight line, like they are a forced percentage slower overall in everything to spread out the field.

Unrealistic poop, right now in races it's like me vs the top 2 AI, the rest are just there to um, follow or something.

Majanew

Banned
Yeah, the AI is terrible. They can't even see the other cars. Just ramming into each other and my ride. And I get stuck duking it out early on because T10 still refuses to add a qualifying lap so I can hang out in the front with Rossi and get away from the tards. Though, Rossi will run right into me all the time too. Definitely feels like the AI took a nosedive from FM3.

Quick question about the storefront. How do I search by member? In Forza 3 I had Jube and m0dus as favorites so I could jump in and look at their storefronts whenever but I can't find that option anywhere.

op_ivy

Shaneus said:
Me during the last lap (in this session) of that Positano TG Rivals thing:
Good, clean start.
Fuck, traffic. Still ahead of ghost...
FUCK. More traffic.
*Ghost goes by*
Fuck it, keep driving anyway.
*finish line*
Congratulations, you have defeated Masscot.

Sad thing is, if it wasn't for so many laps with tiny bumps either in the last half of the preceding track (seriously, the sensitivity here for that is woeful... any bumps in the last half are counted toward the next! ARGH) I'd have pulled an even better time. Hit a 1:18, I think.

So, yeah. Hi Mascot :D

i love it, but even more maddening are the mystery ! i get. i had thought that you could cut any corner on the track so long as you dont hist a wall, but now i'm pretty sure that if you cut some of the windy corners near the start, you get it. but its fairly infrequent i get penalized and you really need to cut those to get a good time. really sucks to race a clean awesome lap and assume you arent penalized only to look up and see the ! once finished.

lil smoke

Banned
The AI has kept me away from the Tour, I just can't take it. But right now online hoppers aren't all smooth either. Either your dumped back into the lobby before the race starts, lag is more prevalent and even the AI is lagging and flying or dipping into the roads. Deliberate pits, guys who don't know the tracks, guys that just don't respect what racing is... I've been just tuning, test driving, some painting and happy with that for now.

DasRaven

Lionheart1827 said:
So should we not go into community area until further notice due to this glitch?
I've been on most of the day on virus tag and I didn't get a billion credits.

This might be a good time to get the top5 and ferraris cheevo :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Majanew said:
Yeah, the AI is terrible. They can't even see the other cars. Just ramming into each other and my ride. And I get stuck duking it out early on because T10 still refuses to add a qualifying lap so I can hang out in the front with Rossi and get away from the tards. Though, Rossi will run right into me all the time too. Definitely feels like the AI took a nosedive from FM3.

Not a dig at you personally but it sounds like some people are having problems racing with the AI. I don't seem to have a problem. 200 races under my single player belt, with 180ish podiums (I refuse to rewind or restart races). So far on my Stats page it says 100k of damage. 100k CR / 200 races = 500cr damage on average per race. That's like a scuff to the paint job most of the time. I am near the tail end of the Champion League too for the record.

Mascot said:
At one time I thought there was a difficulty spike around level 20 but this was a mistake on my part.

Or it went away again. I noticed it too, but am now winning races by large margins again (if I'm not falling asleep).

I usually don't have a problem with collisions, but I don't barge through.

FJ0372

Diablohead said:
The AI sucks anyway, give all 11 drivers the same car and some how the lower tier drivers can't accelerate the same as the better drivers in a straight line, like they are a forced percentage slower overall in everything to spread out the field.

I'd hardly say it sounds that unrealistic. Lower tier drivers might have worse clutch control or pull-off less well timed gear changes?

Shaneus

op_ivy said:
i love it, but even more maddening are the mystery ! i get. i had thought that you could cut any corner on the track so long as you dont hist a wall, but now i'm pretty sure that if you cut some of the windy corners near the start, you get it. but its fairly infrequent i get penalized and you really need to cut those to get a good time. really sucks to race a clean awesome lap and assume you arent penalized only to look up and see the ! once finished.
I've never hit any of those, just that once you start the backtracking part of the course (after the wide 180) it seems that anything there will screw you for your next lap. Same problem with Alpine in the demo, they're just too stingy with it... only need two or three corners from the start/finish line but they have 50% of the lap :/

But still, I beat Mascot on what I considered to be a dismissed lap, so all is good :D

LeBoef

To all the fanatec owners out there:
Is it just me or did they make the force feedback weaker on the 360 with an update about a year ago? I remember my ff being stronger before...
Someone here mentioned this before

Sent out an invite. Hope my mic is working. Eek5 showed up but left. It's a 5 lap race, with teams of 2, C class...

I guess nobody is coming, hahaha. :( The room is called 'NeoGAF Shenanigans'.

Top Bottom