• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

h3ro

Servers are down... again.

I made a killing in the Auction House earlier today.

Skyline JGTC for 40K
SuperGT GT-R #12 for 70K
Ford GT for 15K
Viper '08 for 50K

and the best one...

Ford GT40 for 70K!

I love watching fools bid back and forth on a car when the same model is right under it with a Buyout price that is a quarter of the price their car is going for.

Shaneus

h3ro said:
Hmm. Time to dust off my Drift Tune Veyron with Jube's clockwork/steampunk paint.

Jube, are you bringing that beauty of a paint back for F4?
Damn, I remember that one! Maybe that'll be one of the VIP bonuses... *wink* *wink*

sneaky77

reggie said:
I hate to be 'that guy', but I've asked a few times now and no response - Can I get an invite to the club? Or at the very least, who is running it so I can ask via PM.

What's your gamertag?

reggie said:
I hate to be 'that guy', but I've asked a few times now and no response - Can I get an invite to the club? Or at the very least, who is running it so I can ask via PM.
Pm me your tag or post it here, I can invite you.

*edit* is there spare space in the club? not sure how to check that part.

*edit2* there is 2 spots.

sneaky77

Diablohead said:
Pm me your tag or post it here, I can invite you.

*edit* is there spare space in the club? not sure how to check that part.

last night there were still a few spots, if you go to club area it tells you on the top right how many members

Reprise

Neo Member
My copy arrived, finally! What torture lol

But still waiting on a wireless adapter to arrive so I have access to XBox live :\

Shaneus

So, I'm mostly a controller guy (for the time being). Can anyone offer an opinion on the Speed Freek controller clip-on thingy?

Shaneus said:
So, I'm mostly a controller guy (for the time being). Can anyone offer an opinion on the Speed Freek controller clip-on thingy?
Yes. I bought a set and have been using them. I find they take away some of the twitchiness and give you a smoother racing experience ...takes a few races to get used to them though. I bought the gamer pack which has the FPS freeks too. The FPS works well for racing too so I would recommend them

Shaneus

MarleyManiac said:
Yes. I bought a set and have been using them. I find they take away some of the twitchiness and give you a smoother racing experience ...takes a few races to get used to them though. I bought the gamer pack which has the FPS freeks too. The FPS works well for racing too so I would recommend them
Awesome, awesome news. I've always been a d-pad tapper when it comes to the analogue sticks so to be able to control them more evenly would be great. Buying now!

Fox Mulder

MarleyManiac said:
I'll have to try those out, I hate jerky corners with the sticks

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Another Speed Freek user here. Went in with a few mates to get more than one to make it cheaper for all.

That being said, I'd be using them now for Forza 4 if it wasn't for the arrival of my Speed Wheel. Now I'm torn...

Do I go with:

- more immersive and more precise, yet less forgiving due to 1:1 input and no controller assists (Speed Wheel)

or

- less immersive and precise but somewhat forgiving and also better than standard controller alone (controller + Speed Freek)

Gor@n

Neo Member
I'm officially an auction house whore

Got an EB110S for 50k
365GTB for 60k
and a Morgan for 8k lol

It would help if the servers didn't keep shutting down

m0dus said:
you know, I'm thinking it would be kinda cool if someone could buy a car, send it to p3tran to be tuned, then send it to me to be liveried, then uploaded to the club garage . . . seems like that would be the best use of our collective resources . . .

Works for me. What car are we thinking? I will buy it.

In fact, if we wanted to, I could put up a simple vinyl for like $50K. Then with the money, I could buy the cars and send the to you two. And then split the extra money between you two for the time and effort.

I had also thought about doing the vinyl thing but then giving out cars to people who win different contests, or hold special races, etc. Just something to get everyone more involved.

frogg609

For various reasons I need to wait on picking up Forza. If you want to remove me from the car club list for now to allow someone else (if you haven't already) that would probably be a good idea.

Jube3

SarBear said:
This "race with a DEV" thing is absolutely brutal. Can't even SEE the race listing, let alone attempt to join a session. Would love to race with Jube. <3

It was pretty crazy in there today, we had about 600 people in chat at one point. We managed to get to a lot of people (400+) but that was about double what we had last weekend. I have my account in the Gaf club, just hit me up there or send me a message to my GT (My home one is Ayo Jube).

h3ro said:
Hmm. Time to dust off my Drift Tune Veyron with Jube's clockwork/steampunk paint.

Jube, are you bringing that beauty of a paint back for F4?

Glad you liked it, I plan on bringing it back but with a better layout (gears that look functional) and more steampunk, either on the Veyron or the Morgan (I like the idea of it on a Morgan).

Shaneus

What rims are they, m0dus?

Oh, message to all: I've put enough of a dent into the drift Rivals mode, think I'm going to try some hot lap action. Expect your FM inboxes to be FLOODED. Your screens will get burn in from the "You have been defeated by Shaneus" messages that will keep on appearing.

Sure, some of you will win your spot on the leaderboard, but that's only because I let you. I'll be returning within the hour to take it back from you and to claim my reward.

Not really, I'm probably barely going to make it to the top 25% of GAF. If there were a smack-talk rivals mode, though, you'd all be in trouble.
Jube3 said:
It was pretty crazy in there today, we had about 600 people in chat at one point. We managed to get to a lot of people (400+) but that was about double what we had last weekend. I have my account in the Gaf club, just hit me up there or send me a message to my GT (My home one is Ayo Jube).
After the GWD last weekend, I'm finding there's more fun in just beating your times in Rivals mode. Nowhere near the reward, but the victory is so much sweeter ;)

SarBear

Jube3 said:

Glad you liked it, I plan on bringing it back but with a better layout (gears that look functional) and more steampunk, either on the Veyron or the Morgan (I like the idea of it on a Morgan).

Yea, i kept searching for the team's games, and as soon as it was posted i was LITERALLY refreshing that specific list. But I would never be able to find the user-created game. It was frustrating because I'm curious on how the staff races. Oh yes, and the unicorns. =O

BoobPhysics101 said:
Well, well, well, look who just took over the #1 spot on the Open Time Attack RWD Infineon challenge.

<-----
My ZR1 is no hotlap queen, but she's got enough in her to send you packing! I'll be coming for you!

Are there still any spots available in the club? My gamertag is the same as my username if someone could send me an invite.
Also, any tips on getting the perfect Drift achievement? I'm kinda stuck.

eek5

SarBear said:
Yea, i kept searching for the team's games, and as soon as it was posted i was LITERALLY refreshing that specific list. But I would never be able to find the user-created game. It was frustrating because I'm curious on how the staff races. Oh yes, and the unicorns. =O
Haha I gave up after trying for 30 minutes. The server list was refreshing so slowly I figured I would never get in :eek:

Mascot

Syph Medwes said:
Also, any tips on getting the perfect Drift achievement? I'm kinda stuck.

Don't try to get it. I got the perfect drift cheeve during a normal race using the stock 458 Italia. Can't remember which track it was, but I seem to think it was an oval (or maybe Alps). I was going flat out and just lost control and got the cheeve trying to correct the skid. No assists.

Good luck..!

eek5

sgBYH.png

please.. no more :'(

h3ro said:
Servers are down... again.

I made a killing in the Auction House earlier today.

Skyline JGTC for 40K
SuperGT GT-R #12 for 70K
Ford GT for 15K
Viper '08 for 50K

and the best one...

Ford GT40 for 70K!

I love watching fools bid back and forth on a car when the same model is right under it with a Buyout price that is a quarter of the price their car is going for.
Dude buying out auctions from non-VIPs is the best. I takes forever to scroll down but you can find really good deals everyone else is too lazy to fish for :lol

saladine1

As much as I would love to get my hands on various DLC cars, the fact of the matter is, I haven't touched 80% of the cars that are available in the game already. Tracks on the other hand, are starting to get a little repetitive, a little repetitive, a little repetitive.

I would LOVE,LOVE to sit down with Master Beard......

ME- "Hey Dan, you the man."
DAN- "Thanks,I know"
ME- "So, why haven't we seen Bathurst or Spa yet after 4 games?...you know people want them and would pay an arm and a leg for them so why haven't we seen them yet?"
DAN- "IBL bro"
ME- ".....?"
DAN- "IBL....
ME- "Seriously Dan, why?
DAN- "IBL incubating bro"
ME- "Thanks for your time"

Mascot

saladine1 said:
As much as I would love to get my hands on various DLC cars, the fact of the matter is, I haven't touched 80% of the cars that are available in the game already. Tracks on the other hand, are starting to get a little repetitive, a little repetitive, a little repetitive.

I would LOVE,LOVE to sit down with Master Beard......

ME- "Hey Dan, you the man."
DAN- "Thanks,I know"
ME- "So, why haven't we seen Bathurst or Spa yet after 4 games?...you know people want them and would pay an arm and a leg for them so why haven't we seen them yet?"
DAN- "IBL bro"
ME- ".....?"
DAN- "IBL....
ME- "Seriously Dan, why?
DAN- "IBL incubating bro"
ME- "Thanks for your time"

While you're at it, ask him why Camino Extreme isn't playable in reverse, either. If you turn around and drive it backwards it performs fine. Maybe with eleven other cars all going the same way the framerate suffers, who knows.

Oh, and tell him the 30fps mirrors suck greasy goat balls, too. Needs a patch, stat.

Jube3

SarBear said:

I'm Ok, for the really fast T10 guys you want to race Voodouomo and Adam. Lots of guys here just love to race. Just like the FM community, the studio features some slower guys (like myself) who love to paint and take pictures, some who drift like there is no tomorrow, some who can hotlap you into a rivals fit. Between the T10 guys and the Gaf Club I spend more time deleting rival time notifications than actually beating times haha (I'll be hurting some feelings this weekend :) ).

Big Takeover said:
My ZR1 is no hotlap queen, but she's got enough in her to send you packing! I'll be coming for you!

Nah man, your shit can't hang with my Elise - she's balanced, got gobs of grip, and I didn't even push her as far as she can go. She'll fuck yo gurl up, fo real... although maybe that ZR1 will trash her, whatever the outcome, it'll be good.

Edit: Ah, feels so good. Added two other Club Leaderboards #1 spots to my belt: Open Time Attack All Wheel Drive, and Open Time Attack British Production. That's 3 tonight.

Time to go for Open Time Attack World Production...!

Im onto the 10th season of the career, and was wondering if once its completed will i have raced on every track in the game and get the Forza World Tourer achievement

BoobPhysics101 said:
Nah man, your shit can't hang with my Elise - she's balanced, got gobs of grip, and I didn't even push her as far as she can go. She'll fuck yo gurl up, fo real... although maybe that ZR1 will trash her, whatever the outcome, it'll be good.

Edit: Ah, feels so good. Added two other Club Leaderboards #1 spots to my belt: Open Time Attack All Wheel Drive, and Open Time Attack British Production. That's 3 tonight.

Time to go for Open Time Attack World Production...!
My ZR1 is just a fun build. It's not really a match for any lightweight hotlap machine. I like building out cars that are somewhat unconventional. They're never the fastest things in their class, but that's fine with me.

That doesn't mean I won't beat you though! I'll give it a go later.

The Rival events that use spec cars are where the real bragging rights lie. Come join in the fun.

I remember this from FM3....but what are people doing when they are flying down the track with what seems like the handbrake pulled? they are blowing past me laying a solid strip of rubber down and i can't figure out why or what that is or does.

Big Takeover said:
My ZR1 is just a fun build. It's not really a match for any lightweight hotlap machine. I like building out cars that are somewhat unconventional. They're never the fastest things in their class, but that's fine with me.

That doesn't mean I won't beat you though! I'll give it a go later.

The Rival events that use spec cars are where the real bragging rights lie. Come join in the fun.

Same here, i like digging deep into the available cars and finding weird ones and seeing how much speed i can squeeze out. working on building an "S" class BMW M1 that can run with anything...but I am not sure if that thing can get there

So a couple of mates and I have set up a car club but can't help but feel we are missing something. Currently we are using it to share cars but that is pretty much all we seem to be getting out of it. Could anyone point me in the right direction for a guide or explanation so we can get the most out of it, we were under the impression you would be able to compete against other clubs etc

evanswolves said:
Im onto the 10th season of the career, and was wondering if once its completed will i have raced on every track in the game and get the Forza World Tourer achievement
I've done 10 seasons and I didn't get it. Looks like you have to do the majority, if not all, the events list races. There's plenty there.

v1oz

Just a quick question before I buy this. How accurate is Forza in full simulation mode? If you really own the car in real life, does it really handle like your car in the game?

Enron

Banned
v1oz said:
Just a quick question before I buy this. How accurate is Forza in full simulation mode? If you really own the car in real life, does it really handle like your car in the game?

Im sure it varies from car to car. I used to own a 1990 240sx, and the 240sx in the game didn't really feel like it. Then again, I didn't hurl my 240sx into corners at high speeds...

Fox Mulder

eek5 said:
Dude buying out auctions from non-VIPs is the best. I takes forever to scroll down but you can find really good deals everyone else is too lazy to fish for :lol

yep.

Got in a bidding war over a shelby daytona only to buy out one a little further down for like 100k.

hwalker84

v1oz said:
With my Fanatec wheel my 09 Challenger feels exactly like it does in real life.

MikeDub said:
So a couple of mates and I have set up a car club but can't help but feel we are missing something. Currently we are using it to share cars but that is pretty much all we seem to be getting out of it. Could anyone point me in the right direction for a guide or explanation so we can get the most out of it, we were under the impression you would be able to compete against other clubs etc
There is no automatic way to compete against other clubs unless you manually set up a room for it, it's a shame because little to no one ever uses the lobby team settings in this game, they would work brilliantly for clan battles.

Sharing cars and competing for times in rivals is about all a car club is good for.

Stuff this game needs to use more:

Team races, the game will even change the base colour of the car you use, why is this not used more if at all?
Forza 2's league tournament stuff, that shit was hot.

Also a faster tyre wear option for short races so we can actually pit for new rubber in a 10 lap race would be nice.

v1oz said:

Depends on the car, I'd imagine. Anecdotally from friends who have the same cars as you can get in game, if you drive the in-game car like your car it will feel very close. At least in FM3, you could push the in-game car more if you thought to try.

AlanzTalon said:
I remember this from FM3....but what are people doing when they are flying down the track with what seems like the handbrake pulled? they are blowing past me laying a solid strip of rubber down and i can't figure out why or what that is or does.

Might be the netcode and lag-induced wonkiness.

Top Bottom