• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

screenshot174uy0v.png

screenshot19z2yko.png

Skyr

I've replied to your PM Helios, thanks!

To Qassim and anyone else, my stutters seem to be fixed!

Just ran three races and no noticeable stuttering! I reverted to a clean install of the previous Nvidia driver, 385.41 and the following:
- Set Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance in Nvidia Control Panel (Global setting)
- Disabled Game Mode
- Set target to 60 FPS in-game with V-sync

Not sure how much of the settings above helped, since I tried those with the latest driver too, but the driver rollback definitely helped! Brands Hatch in rain and full grid definitely stuttered before, but not now. Even the menus are a far, far cry from the demo issues, they're 90% smooth now.

So I just did this.

Rolling back to 385.41 from the game ready driver made the stutter far more horrific for me.

System: 4790k @4.6ghz / 16GB RAM / 1080ti

Fox Mulder

To fundamentally change something that has been a consistent feature of VIP for as long as I can remember the pass even being in the games doesn't sit right with me.

Perhaps it's my fault for making the assumption when I bought it, but I feel like when something has been so consistent across the games it's not unreasonable to do so.

They want people to eventually buy loot boxes. Ripping off hardcore VIP players is easy, as they're already giving $100 for the UE and into buying the game blindly.

they had already announced no special VIP car pack going for the modified existing cars instead.

DJ_Lae

‘Member when the Right Stick could be used to look left, right and back in your car?

...I ‘member!

It still does, unless there's a setting to disable it somewhere.

I rarely use it, though, as it's one of the only things I dislike about Forza's cockpit view - there's nothing surrounding you. As soon as you look around while driving it feels like you're driving a bare frame with a dashboard in front of you.

MouldyK

It still does?

Do you remember because you did it today in the new game, because you can.

It weren’t in the race I was in. I’ll try to figure out why.

EDIT: Don’t know why it weren’t working. If I find out, I’ll let you know.

EDIT 2: Found out the “Select Car” Menu don’t work when Race in Free Play is loaded...well the LB and RB buttons don’t work so can’t change Manufacturer.

Push forward on the stick while looking left or right.

Smh

I knew what was happening. You may mock me, but it happened to me. I just don’t know how to make it happen again. Might be something to do with Wheel/Controller interference.

But my wheel weren’t plugged in when I turned Game on.

LostDonkey

It still does, unless there's a setting to disable it somewhere.

I rarely use it, though, as it's one of the only things I dislike about Forza's cockpit view - there's nothing surrounding you. As soon as you look around while driving it feels like you're driving a bare frame with a dashboard in front of you.

Smh

DJ_Lae

Smh

That only works about 45 degrees in each direction, though, before it snaps 90 degrees to the side and everything's gone.

I understand it's probably done for visibility (and performance) reasons, and I have few enough issues with the rest of the game that the little things start bugging me.

Smax

Yesterday I mentioned the vintage Honda F1 car not having gear change animations. Today I found that the Ken Block Ford Focus doesn't either.

Also, the removal of the restart option during the race is a major problem the more I play. Did they just forget to put it in the pause screen? I don't get it.

Other than those two things, the game is excellent so far.

Don't know if it was posted here or in the other thread, I want some receipts from the guy that said he got 1 million after 5 races.

I did a 50 lap one and got around 160k.

Mind you that the most expensive crate is 300k.

That only works about 45 degrees in each direction, though, before it snaps 90 degrees to the side and everything's gone.

I understand it's probably done for visibility (and performance) reasons, and I have few enough issues with the rest of the game that the little things start bugging me.

That's how it's been in these games for ages.

I don't think there was a cockpit camera at all in the first game. But I'm getting old and my memory for these things is fading.

Gestault

Was it forza 2 or 3 that added in the free moving camera limits? because the series never started out like that.

There weren't cockpit views in any of these games until 3.

Diablohead, I'm referring more to those before you, but I think when people are wringing their hands over made-up (or to be fair, maybe misremembered) concerns about such miniscule aspects of the game, someone did a good job.

I have played A LOT of Forza 7. My eyes are very tired. Probably a 2/3 split in favour of Xbox. Did have the PC version crash on me once. Not getting the stutters others have - but the track loading does seem very long compared to the Xbox. And that shouldn't be right on an SSD.

Anyway. Had an absolute blast with the game. About to break through into tier 4. But too tired now to race with anything approaching skill.

My favourite thing is still the new zoomed dash.

Gestault

I have played A LOT of Forza 7. My eyes are very tired. Probably a 2/3 split in favour of Xbox. Did have the PC version crash on me once. Not getting the stutters others have - but the track loading does seem very long compared to the Xbox. And that shouldn't be right on an SSD.

Anyway. Had an absolute blast with the game. About to break through into tier 4. But too tired now to race with anything approaching skill.

My favourite thing is still the new zoomed dash.

My SSD loads the tracks relatively slowly compared to what I'd expect. Xbox is about what I expect (which is still long).

malcher

Is anyone playing this on Windows 10 with the Anniversary update? I bought the game digitally and can't install because in the requirements section it says that OS Windows 10 15063.0 is needed - which is the Creators update.

Don't know if it was posted here or in the other thread, I want some receipts from the guy that said he got 1 million after 5 races.

I did a 50 lap one and got around 160k.

Mind you that the most expensive crate is 300k.

That was me, I only did one set of races from first career, old grand prix cars, on very long and I have over 1mil credits. use some modes with credits gain. You have to spend some to get some, thats what the mods are for, to get you more money.

That was me, I only did one set of races from first career, old grand prix cars, on very long and I have over 1mil credits. use some modes with credits gain. You have to spend some to get some, thats what the mods are for, to get you more money.

Can't even do that race since the game locks the cars behind being Tier 4.

There weren't cockpit views in any of these games until 3.

Diablohead, I'm referring more to those before you, but I think when people are wringing their hands over made-up (or to be fair, maybe misremembered) concerns about such miniscule aspects of the game, someone did a good job.

It started in 3 or 4 I think. 1 and 2 didn't have cockpit view.

Forza didn't have cockpit view until Forza 3 and it was the same amount of viewing angles on the inside, maybe a few degrees different.

Oh I know it didn't have cockpits until 3 but I can't remember if they tried to limit the external camera angles too or not.

If you had chosen that as your first series, you would've gotten one car for free. That's what I did.

I nearly chose that. Instead did the one that gave me a free McLaren F1.

Also spent Forza rewards on two high end crates that gave me cars that put me up a tier.

Smax

Yes, I'm the one to blame for not knowing the payout of the races on the first day the game is out.

What the fuck is this shit?
It wasn't hard to figure out. I went into the hot hatch series and it said it would give me my first car for free. I backed out and went to the vintage F1 series instead. Simple.

Anyone else getting random crashes on PC, sometimes after races, etc.? Sometimes after the game crashes, then it continues to crash prior to startup unless I restart my PC... super frustrating. Playing with a 980ti, i5 6600k.

Game looks amazing in 4K, but this has become so annoying I am close to just going back to xbone...

danowat

Banned
This is 60fps right? It doesn't feel particularly smooth, maybe it's the jittery camera that's making things look a bit shaky?

Also, where do you change race length?

LoveCake

HeliosT10, call the powers that be and tell them that they are about to crash their brand new game if the VIP issue isn't addressed.

I was shocked when I opened my VIP crate and got 25 double credit mods vs the usual permanent double credit bonus.

This is unacceptable and the fact that mods are closing threads on FM.net about this subject is suspect. Streisand effect and all.

I agree!

"VIP" gives you the usual crown, some specific driver suits, and 5 mod cards for +100% CR good for 5 races each. So after at most 25 races, you get no bonus CR for being a VIP.

VIPs better get a permanent +100% CR mod card at the very least.

I agree!

The VIP is simply NOT worth the extra costs :mad:

I am really not keen on the menus they seem to be a mess, like when Gran Turismo 5 was released.

I don't like how you cannot spin the car on the turntable without having to go into 'free look' mode.

My UE arrived an I have had a play and I am just not feeling it, it all seems to have been unnecessarily complicated.

HeliosT10, call the powers that be and tell them that they are about to crash their brand new game if the VIP issue isn't addressed.

I was shocked when I opened my VIP crate and got 25 double credit mods vs the usual permanent double credit bonus.

This is unacceptable and the fact that mods are closing threads on FM.net about this subject is suspect. Streisand effect and all.

VIP is legit bull**bleepbleep** and I'm glad people are raging about it.

I've purchased every.single.ultimate.forza since FM2. They've all felt like a good value because they included something special for the extra money (a key chain, exclusive, UNIQUE car models for a limited time, etc). I've basically spent $150+ on every single Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon game to make sure they're "complete" in my collection.

This Ultimate Edition was total junk. Extra credit cards that you can use 25 times. A bunch of crappy Forza Edition cars instead of a unique Day One car pack. Four race suits that aren't even that great. T10 completely dropped the ball for its VIP customers.

DJ_Lae

Oh, I know they haven't had a full 360 cockpit view in any game yet, but it would be a nice addition given everything else they've done too.

Game is great so far, though. Ignoring the VIP and mod stuff, the driving is as great as ever and I like the tiers and progression. We'll see if credits become harder to come by, of course, and how easy it is to win reward cars for some of the more expensive groups.

When I was at Best Buy today to get an SNES, they had the standard edition of F7 on the shelf. I took it with me to the cash register, and they wouldn't let me buy it.

Klocker

Is anyone else having some horrible issues with the audio popping and cutting in and out. Just did a race in VIR in the rain and I could barely hear the car from all the pops and cutouts. No idea what is going on but it's awful.

Edit: Also my lights don't appear to work when it's dark for some reason.

yep alson VIR at night

Top Bottom