• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

This VIP thing (I am a VIP). I guess it was done to limit a VIP's ability to purchase loot boxes with in-game money. Turn10 obviously seem to think VIP's are just as likely as non-VIP's to spend real money on loot boxes. Well, not me. They're not getting another penny.

G Rom

Alfa Romeo 4C safety car, because why not ?

1daa031a-0a8d-4572-br5r7j.jpeg

cdc3e6b9-bc7b-43c9-bizr3j.jpeg

Skyr

So I went back to the gameready driver and as I already stated hitching is far less apparent than with the older driver versions but still there.

While testing the following happened entering the second round on the ring.
I think I'm gonna just wait for a patch at this point..
FEL9kyn.jpg

borges

Banned
So I went back to the gameready driver and as I already stated hitching is far less apparent than with the older driver versions but still there.

FEL9kyn.jpg

Playing like that when high would be interesting though

LoveCake

Tier rewards :mad:

Tier 2: FM7 Driver Suit, Tier 2 Badge, 1 Cumulative Prize Crate
Tier 3: FH3 Driver Suit, Tier 3 Badge, 2 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 4: FM6 Driver Suit, Tier 4 Badge, 3 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 5: FH2 Driver Suit, Tier 5 Badge, 4 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 6: FM5 Driver Suit, Tier 6 Badge, 5 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 7: FH1 Driver Suit, Tier 7 Badge, 6 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 8: FM4 Driver Suit, Tier 8 Badge, 7 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 9: FM3 Driver Suit, Tier 9 Badge, 8 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 10: FM2 Driver Suit, Tier 10 Badge, 9 Cumulative Prize Crates
Tier 11: FM1 Driver Suit, Tier 11 Badge, 10 Cumulative Prize Crates

Tier 2: 25,000
Tier 3: 50,000
Tier 4: 75,000
Tier 5: 100,000
Tier 6: 125,000
Tier 7: 175,000
Tier 8: 225,000
Tier 9: 275,000
Tier 10: 350,000
Tier 11: 425,000
Tier 12: 500,000

The driver suits are worthless and the loot crates are consumable.

This is some sort of joke!

membran

I'm trying to recreate the night-to-day transition that I had in one of the career races in custom race (using the same track for it, Sebring), and I can't seem to do it. Instead of starting in pitch black night and breaking into first light of dawn like in the career race, I'm seem to be starting at dusk. Am I missing something or can you only customize weather progression in the advanced options (this works with start/mid/end conditions and percentage chances), but not the night/day transitions in the same way? This is really weird.

Also, it seems you cannot replay already won career races / series. The one I had the night/day transition in now has a checkmark next to it - and a locked padlock symbol.

Edit: Time of day / type of day/night transition is fixed and determined by course layout. Also, you can replay career races, it was only locked for me because the game wanted me to clear the new "Showcase event" first; once I did that, the old career races became available again.

FEL9kyn.jpg

Are you using rewind? I have the same problem, see the picture below (Monza, second lap). Had to turn that off.

Skyr

Are you using rewind? I have the same problem, see the picture below (Monza). Had to turn that off.

Yes correct I did use rewind shortly before this happened.

As you also have the stuttering issue I wonder if there is a connection. Maybe some kind of streaming issue.
Man I hope they find a solution asap.

As you also have the stuttering issue I wonder if there is a connection. Maybe some kind of streaming issue.

I have a feeling that rewind might be the culprit for some of these issues.

I noticed in Horizon 3's debug tools that rewind works as a kind of "keyframe" system, it records a step every 5 or so seconds and pressing Y simply reverses you to the last one. I noticed that when I last had the stutter, it seemed to be consistently timed, leading me to believe it was the rewind system.

Thing is, I'm still kicking myself because I had "fixed"/stabilized my stuttering, but then this streaming bug happened and I started changing graphic drivers to see if that was the cause. Result: it didn't fix a thing and the stuttering became even worse.

I noticed in Horizon 3's debug tools that rewind works as a kind of "keyframe" system, it records a step every 5 or so seconds and pressing Y simply reverses you to the last one. I noticed that when I last had the stutter, it seemed to be consistently timed, leading me to believe it was the rewind system.

Rewind is beyond messed up in this game. I managed to (forcibly/intentionally) create a ghost copy of myself when rewinding too many times, never saw that happen in Horizon 3 and I played that game a lot.

I'm trying to recreate the night-to-day transition that I had in one of the career races in custom race (using the same track for it, Sebring), and I can't seem to do it. Instead of starting in pitch black night and breaking into first light of dawn like in the career race, I'm seem to be starting at dusk. Am I missing something or can you only customize weather progression in the advanced options (this works with start/mid/end conditions and percentage chances), but not the night/day transitions in the same way? This is really weird.

Also, it seems you cannot replay already won career races / series. The one I had the night/day transition in now has a checkmark next to it - and a locked padlock symbol.

Same problem here. I was a breeze to set this up with Project Cars. Much too complicated in F7. The menus aren't very intuitive for me personally.

Hana-Bi

As a VIP member you'll get at least some Forza Edition cars. With the bonuses you can get from them getting credits/cp is easy in free play mode.

HeliosT10

Yes, it's one of the known issues in our known issues thread:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst104213_Forza-Motorsport-7-Known-Issues--PC-Xbox.aspx

• Players may experience the track not loading after using consecutive rewinds. If you experience this, please quit the race and start it again.

Skyr

Interesting..

btw while performing the rewinds before the glitching started, it didn't do the rewind animation but showed me a black loading screen.

Anyway I'm not gonna do a refund but trust that T10 is gonna fix this asap..

Interesting..

btw while performing the rewinds before the glitching started, it didn't do the rewind animation but showed me a black loading screen.

Anyway I'm not gonna do a refund but trust that T10 is gonna fix this asap..

The black screen happened to me in Horizon 3, usually in long, long races. Never got fixed as far as I know. The disappearing part is new.

Huh, none of the body kit options for the RX8 actually show up. No wings or splitters or anything.

Also still getting a lot of audio pops, it is legit unplayable with headphones.

See

7JUJvfA.png

53sEhop.png

XR0Z5lo.png

RljoWZe.png

A couple things I've noticed, probably already pointed out in the thread, setting particle resolution to dynamic (maybe quarter too?) makes the mist / tire spray look way better than full, no alpha edges visible and the wet tire trails aren't garishly bright.

The game is running WAYYY smoother today, probably because I didn't restart after the install yesterday. Menu shutter is at a minimum and not as frustrating. Game is probably running smoother too, I donno. No stutters in game here. I haven't updated my drivers since June! Don't plan to anytime soon either, if anyone is curious, I am on v384.76

RoKKeR

All good so far, but... Are they serious with these 2D trees on Maple Valley? Those are egregious, damn. Hope them chasing 4K on XBX doesn't limit them from getting rid of stuff like that.

Career structure seems great so far though.

HeliosT10

Huh, none of the body kit options for the RX8 actually show up. No wings or splitters or anything.

Also still getting a lot of audio pops, it is legit unplayable with headphones.

Heya Shortt,

The first issue you've mentioned is one we've seen before and if you could let us know the below info it would be really helpful:

- What were you doing when you noticed this?
- Can you reproduce the issue?
- If you can replicate the issue could you send us a video?

With regards your audio issues we'd also like to help with that too. Do you think you could let me know answers to the below?

- Is this on PC or console?
- If PC what is the audio config in Windows and what hardware/software?
- If console is this Original or S and what output and formats is it set to?
- In your post you mention headphones, are they plugged into a controller or via other type?

PM'ing me the answers to all the above is fine.

spuckthew

Well I've spent almost all evening playing this. I initially started with a controller because I couldn't be bothered to set my wheel up before my pizza delivery (and after I ate it), and the experience was pretty much what I expected: it felt like Forza.

Once I got my TX hooked up I could immediately tell that this is going to be a blast for a long time. Its FFB and what you feel from the car(s) through the wheel may not be up to Assetto Corsa or R3E levels of realism, but I'm honestly pleasantly by how FM7 plays.

For anyone interested, all I changed was the deadzones (all set to 0-100) and my TX FFB gain is on 50%. Much higher than that and it felt like I was wrestling the wheel. I'm not really sure if it's worth adjusting any of the other in-game wheel settings, but the wheel felt pretty decent by just removing the deadzones.

Macaco84

I have watched a few vids on YouTube and something is concerning me - the speed of the ai.

Watched a load of unbeatable races that were anything but unbeatable. Braking in full throttle sections, easy to pass on the straight and easily beaten by very average players.

Thought the ai in 6 was pretty good. Very hard in unbeatable as it should be.

Any impressions on the ai and difficulty?

RoKKeR

The sound is really a step up in this game, and they've made the cockpit way less sterile than in past games. Feels great to be behind the wheel in this game, much more intense.

I have watched a few vids on YouTube and something is concerning me - the speed of the ai.

Watched a load of unbeatable races that were anything but unbeatable. Braking in full throttle sections, easy to pass on the straight and easily beaten by very average players.

Thought the ai in 6 was pretty good. Very hard in unbeatable as it should be.

Any impressions on the ai and difficulty?

First place is faster, sometimes second place too, rest is meh. Not faster as in "they drive well" but "that car shouldn't be going that fast but it is". They can have the same car as you do but it will accelerate faster, have a higher top speed, brake better, corner better.

EDIT: Only on dry, on wet it is a complete mess. Unbeatable on wet surfaces is insanely easy, a decent player will lap them multiple times, a good one won't even break a sweat.

---

If you want to farm money, select a 100% rain race from beginning to end on unbeatable. Unless you sleep you will win no matter what. To give an example, I lapped cars that had 820-830 PI with a 770 something PI Nissan GTR on rainy Suzuka. If that race was on dry I would never win with that huge PI gap.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn this is a FINE looking game! Just made it past the three intro races. What a great showcase of the graphics. And great SOUNDING too. I don't know if I'm more impressed with the graphics or the sound. I'm having an eyegasm/eargasm right now.

Playing on Xbox One S. HDR is the best I have ever seen on any Xbox One game. Damn thing looks photorealistic at times. I can't even imagine what this is going to look like on the X. Hopefully I'm not sick of it by then :)

Currently rocking a Legendary driver gear courtesy of Amazon for preordering :)

7tqqS5m.jpg

Momentary

Banned
So I preordered the game on PC, where's my extra cars and stuff? Is this like Forza Horizon 3 where people didn't get their preorder bonuses and had to call customer support?

GHG

Gold Member
So I preordered the game on PC, where's my extra cars and stuff? Is this like Forza Horizon 3 where people didn't get their preorder bonuses and had to call customer support?

Which edition did you get?

The standard edition comes with the Hoonigan car pack but you should also get the fast and furious pack if you went with the ultimate or deluxe editions.

Momentary

Banned
Which edition did you get?

The standard edition comes with the Hoonigan car pack but you should also get the fast and furious pack if you went with the ultimate or deluxe editions.

I got the Ultimate, but I have none of those cars in my garage. Unless I've got to progress in the game to get them.

GHG

Gold Member
I got the Ultimate, but I have none of those cars in my garage. Unless I've got to progress in the game to get them.

I think they are part of those stupid loot boxes so you might need to start your career mode to be able to unlock them. Try that, open the lootboxes you have and then see if the cars unlock that way. That's how it was in a stream I saw earlier.

I also hope you're not expecting the usual VIP bonuses :( .

Funny you mention that. After redeeming my ultimate edition code, everything looks good except I don’t seem to have the Day One Car Pack. Maybe that comes on actual day one, like Tuesday?

EDIT: The day one car pack is the Fast and the Furious stuff. I do have those, so I was just confused. All good!

?

Does FH7 run like shit or something

edit - for the record, my pc can run FH3 maxed out at 60fps in 1440p. I'm just curious if it will run FH7 well or if I should just stick with FH3.

It could go either way. I can run FH3 at 4k60fps but FM7 stutters like hell.

Others have weaker machines and can run it without a problem.

About the cars, y'all need to redeem them on the Collection menu or whatever it's called. I got the F&F, Hoonigan and VIP cars there.

Momentary

Banned
I think they are part of those stupid loot boxes so you might need to start your career mode to be able to unlock them. Try that, open the lootboxes you have and then see if the cars unlock that way. That's how it was in a stream I saw earlier.

I also hope you're not expecting the usual VIP bonuses :( .

I only had the VIP loot crates.

Weevilone

Am I the only one that can't install this on my PC? The Windows 10 store goes fubar.

It's able to download other apps, and I have plenty of space.

Code: 0x80070005

Momentary

Banned
go to buy cars and they will be there for you to "buy" for Free... or go to collection and you can see them in that grid and take them free

Thanks! When I went to buy cars they were not there, but it after restarting the game like 3 times they finally showed up.

This VIP thing (I am a VIP). I guess it was done to limit a VIP's ability to purchase loot boxes with in-game money. Turn10 obviously seem to think VIP's are just as likely as non-VIP's to spend real money on loot boxes. Well, not me. They're not getting another penny.

yup, its BS, I'm not giving them more money. I hate this loot box gambling trend...

Top Bottom