• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

_DrMario_

Game just crashed 40 minutes in that endurance challenge in the breakout championship.

I think I'm gonna play something else for the rest of the night.

Skyr

Am I the only one that can't install this on my PC? The Windows 10 store goes fubar.

It's able to download other apps, and I have plenty of space.

Code: 0x80070005

When I was trying to download the game yesterday after I bought it wouldn't let me with a different error code tho.
After about 15 tries it eventually worked....

I only had the VIP loot crates.

Go to the collection and find your cars on the list. The list scrolls to the right (shit tons of cars) the cars that are yours will be marked free. Now click on each one of them and they will be added to your garage.

Bubba77

Played a bit at 1440p on PC today and then my 4k tv with my S. man its glaring how much prettier PC version is. Cant wait for my X to play this in native 4k with hdr on my ks8000

LoveCake

Did the reviewers get the final game and us who stumped up for the UE get the BETA because this is the worst Forza I have played so far.

Turn 10 seem to have taken a backwards step from this Forza 6 Legacy "this is what we've been racing toward" has never been more apt.

Also the handling of the cars is pretty poor, they lack feeling and don't feel connected to the road surface and I have the same settings on as I have on Forza 6.

I regret buying the UE now!

No , its way better.
The menus are overly complicated and I would consider describing them as messy.

Got Ultimate Edition from amazon, for those curious the breakdown is

- comes with steelbook (nice)
- ultimate is a single seperate paper insert included that digitally adds FM7 car pass, day one car pack, and VIP membership
- there is a seperate pre order bonus amazon sends you, not sure what it is
- the disc seems to be regular FM7 (at least nothing special on the label) so should trade into gamestop easily
- its installing 32 gigs from disc and downloading another 32 gigs from the internet, on Xbox One S.

I'm going to futz around a little but play more when I get my xbox one X in Nov, plan is to trade it into gamestop and buy basic digital game when it goes on sale.

I'd be kinda pissed if I paid $100 given the launch issues and loot box stuff, but I paid $64 and it should trade in for $30-40 in the next 30 days so I can't really complain at all.

I really like the single player in this. There's showcases where you win cars! Did 6 have anything like that, I don't even remember? And thank goodness that Spotify is on Xbox now. Rocking out with a Spotify-created party music playlist and a song from Horizon 3 came on and I had to laugh, it was so perfect.

Just did a race at Daytona where it started out at dusk, and then got dark and fireworks started to go off. It legit brought a tear to my eye. Damn this game is beautiful. The image quality may be the best I've ever seen.

Forza 7 is already in Forza Rewards; got $225,000. So there's that every Friday.

Also... yeah baby!

eAQQm5R.jpg

iDaJTwa.jpg

membran

Same problem here. I was a breeze to set this up with Project Cars. Much too complicated in F7. The menus aren't very intuitive for me personally.

I figured out the night racing thing. You just don't get to chose the time of night / day. Instead, on the tracks that actually feature night racing, the track layout dictates the transition / setting. So, for Sebring, the Full Layout course will start at dusk going into night, and the Short Layout course will be the one that I was looking for from the career, starting in pitch black night and breaking into dawn. Apparently, they refer to the night racing stuff as "scenarios", whereas the rainy conditions can be properly configured in advanced track settings.

Fess

The price crates system is super annoying! Since it's random and you can only select one reward it would take ages to attempt a 100% run on this game. I've decided to just forget all about the colectathon and simply play for fun instead. Love the game but some parts of it aren't balanced perfectly imo.

And what's the deal with not having a single SAAB but several Volvos? Or am I blind? I love my maxed out Volvo Amazon but I want to race a SAAB V4 too! And SAAB 9-3 Viggen was there is FM4, so why not here?

Can't even do that race since the game locks the cars behind being Tier 4.

Also I forgot to mention I have Drivatar difficulty set to Pro which gives you 80% extra credits.

Above Average is +20% CR
Highly Skilled is +40% CR
Expert is 60% CR
Pro is 80% CR
Unbeatable is 100% CR

Love the Forza Edition cars. That's new to Forza proper, right? I know they were in Horizon 3.

My current car has +30% credits and +$7,500 if you go over 150mph.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wayyyy behind on the thread, can someone tell me how dynamic the time of day and weather is? Can you chose any time to start in? Can you accelerate time? Is this on all tracks? Same questions regarding weather, though I already I know weather is only present where it makes sensr, or not dubai as an example

The price crates system is super annoying! Since it's random and you can only select one reward it would take ages to attempt a 100% run on this game. I've decided to just forget all about the colectathon and simply play for fun instead. Love the game but some parts of it aren't balanced perfectly imo.

And what's the deal with not having a single SAAB but several Volvos? Or am I blind? I love my maxed out Volvo Amazon but I want to race a SAAB V4 too! And SAAB 9-3 Viggen was there is FM4, so why not here?

Saab doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps it's a problem licensing the cars? I agree some saabs would be nice.

Chemist

Neo Member
Man i am having some issues even getting this game installed. I love Forza and even with the pc problems I wanted to give it a go, the Demo ran great on my rig. So I buy it and i can't download it. Literally I hit the button and it has me select a drive then does nothing. At all. Unreal that there are problems like these in today's day and age. Guess I will try in the morning.

Heh, so I've driven at VIR in the rain IRL and there is no way they would run cars in the storm I just hit in my Acid Green 918. Made for a cool shot, though!

MCZtAMd.png

Jumped in and played the first few races. Performance whilst racing seems to be pretty good for me(7700k, GTX1080). Not sure what the frame rate is as I don't have a counter visible in this game atm(not sure why nvidia one isn't there) but it feels smooth. Do have that menu lag that everyone keeps mentioning, bit annoying but whatever.

Game looks gorgeous. Looking forward ot the X1X version though, much prefer to play these games on the couch.

Progression/car collection and the crate system etc is a bit confusing at the moment, need to look into it more. Or I am just too tired as I only just woke up. This looks like it'd be near impossible to 1000/1000 though. Never felt that with previous versions.

TheRed

Where do these Windows App games even install to? Can't find a way for it to tell me where it is.
Nvm, guess it's the WindowsApps folder like I thought but my computer doesn't want to give me permission to open that right now.

Heh, so I've driven at VIR in the rain IRL and there is no way they would run cars in the storm I just hit in my Acid Green 918. Made for a cool shot, though!

Yeah all the vids I have seen of races on rainy circuit all have featured huge puddles on the track. If that was to happen in real life the race would be black flagged. Not sure why they went with such unrealistic track conditions in the wet.

sTiTcH AU

Performance has been near perfect for me on PC which I am really happy about (AMD 8350, r9 290x). Been going back and forwards on the PC and xbox one versions which my Fanatec CSW wheel and I find it very strange how the buttons are not the same for the PC as the xbox version on the wheel and the FFB settings do not match (that may be down to drivers though).

Otherwise game is everything I hoped it would be. I did the SPA 100mile race in the corvette and I was able to do similar lines and breaking points to when I raced the Merc GT3 car in iRacing last season and that was a nice surprise, Forza still does not touch iRacing in its FFB but Forza can be a nice surprise sometimes when you can get it to your liking.

tuna_love

Banned
gsync doesnt work on this game so unless i go 72 or try get 144 i have a stutter. with everything max at 1440 i can get about 110-120. menus are locked to 120 as far as i can tell. horizon 3 gsync didnt work until a few patches as well if I remember correctly
edit: menus are not locked to 120
cpu 1 and 4 are 100% the others not being used at all on a 6700k
and it cooks my cpu as well lol

Not true. When you buy a crate and you open it you get everything that was in it not just one thing.

CaLe

is it normal that in the demo the FFB is non-existent ? I crash into a car and my wheel barely moves, if even at all. I'm using the default settings in the options.

I have a T300 RS. :(

TheRed

is it normal that in the demo the FFB is non-existent ? I crash into a car and my wheel barely moves, if even at all. I'm using the default settings in the options.

I don't know. I've seen a couple people say they felt FFB but to me that seems crazy. I felt absolutely nothing except the wheel centering itself.

I have a G920

I guess FM7 doesn't have clubs anymore like FH3, thats a real shame :( It was nice seeing everyone else racking up those points every week and getting extra credits / XP from club stuff.

Stubo

Not true. When you buy a crate and you open it you get everything that was in it not just one thing.
I think the post was referring to the level up prizes where you pick between credits, a discounted car or the driver cosmetics.

Getting all cars and all overalls would be painful!

sTiTcH AU

Maybe try upping the min force setting slightly in the forza settings.

I think the post was referring to the level up prizes where you pick between credits, a discounted car or the driver cosmetics.

Getting all cars and all overalls would be painful!

If that's the case then yeah you have to make your pick when you level up.

Fess

If that's the case then yeah you have to make your pick when you level up.
Yes that's what I'm talking about, I always go for the discounted car and that means I'm not collecting the driver gear and have to get them elsewhere, in the purchasable prize crates.

Top Bottom