• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

So for someone who owns 6 with car pass, should I get this? Looking at the car list, it seems like all the same cars. Nothing new is standing out

LoveCake

I've already cancelled my preorder.

I wish I had just got the regular version, the UE offers nothing other than some MOD credit cards you can use 25 times in all, some race-suits which are pretty pointless as you only ever see the driver on the menu screens and you get a VIP badge, you get some cars which are nothing special.

Ok you get the season pass thing for car packs but honestly the DLC car packs have been going downhill with every release, just holding back cars from the main game.

My biggest issue apart from the lack of VIP content, is that some cars can seemingly only be obtained by getting them via a loot crate!

This is why people shouldn't pre-order, but I thought I was safe with Forza :/

xrnzaaas

So for someone who owns 6 with car pass, should I get this? Looking at the car list, it seems like all the same cars. Nothing new is standing out
Car list is composed of Forza 6 cars and Horizon 3 cars including the dlc ones. So yeah not that many are brand new.

regs

I wish I had just got the regular version, the UE offers nothing other than some MOD credit cards you can use 25 times in all, some race-suits which are pretty pointless as you only ever see the driver on the menu screens and you get a VIP badge, you get some cars which are nothing special.

Ok you get the season pass thing for car packs but honestly the DLC car packs have been going downhill with every release, just holding back cars from the main game.

My biggest issue apart from the lack of VIP content, is that some cars can seemingly only be obtained by getting them via a loot crate!

This is why people shouldn't pre-order, but I thought I was safe with Forza :/

Yep, already refunded my game. What you mentioned I didn't really care for either. The deal breaker was homologation, I want to upgrade my cars based on class. I understand some people like homologation and that's fine. But let me play the game how I want to play it. This game isn't forza, it feels like Gran Turismo and it makes me really sad :(

Qassim

I am seeing the car LoD change levels when I get closer or further away from other AI cars on the track, it pops in and out at a surprisingly small distance, which is a bit distracting when you notice it.

Gestault

The AI drivers are assholes

So something I've noticed: I like playing with the aggression limit turned *off* because it seems like the drivers are actually more jerks to each other so long as I'm not trying to actively cut ahead of their line, I can more or less drive conservatively and get podium results.

Car list is composed of Forza 6 cars and Horizon 3 cars including the dlc ones. So yeah not that many are brand new.

Hmm that's disappointing since I own car pass in fh3.
Maybe they needed more time on this. They also didn't seem to respond to folks wanting more of a civilian class car and working up from there progression.

The best AI was forza 3, they toned down how smart they were for 4 when they increased the pack size so more cars could be on track, sadly since then i've never seen the smarter AI come back even this generation, the drivatars seem to be based off of 4's AI for the most part.

The most noticible thing is that you can cause a pileup and they don't really try to evade it, just turn away slightly and crash into you anyway.

hamchan

So are the stories of people getting millions of credits easily actually true, which is what some people stated to defend the game in the controversy thread?

Because man, feels like I’m getting so little and pretty much just barely keeping up with buying new cars needed for championships.

Edit: I guess we just do the open series to grind money when we can’t afford new cars to play a new series.

Oh people just take a Forza Edition car, put on some VIP mods and then go for some super long endurance racing to get money I see.

Yep, already refunded my game. What you mentioned I didn't really care for either. The deal breaker was homologation, I want to upgrade my cars based on class. I understand some people like homologation and that's fine. But let me play the game how I want to play it. This game isn't forza, it feels like Gran Turismo and it makes me really sad :(

Car classes are still in the game. Upgrading cars is stil in the game. What prevents you from upgrading to the class of your choosing?

Pretty disappointed in the UE too. Hope Turn10 comes up with DLC that makes it worth it because this is nowhere what I hoped it would be.

Never owned a Forza UE before but the FH3 UE was so damn worth it I took the plunge. Please make it worthwhile Turn10.

moerser

im on the brink of trying to get a refund. im now trying since wednesday afternoon to download the game. without success. stopped at 90, 65, 50, 40, 19, 15gb... i tried fucking everything i read on every site on the internet...

supersaw

The best AI was forza 3, they toned down how smart they were for 4 when they increased the pack size so more cars could be on track, sadly since then i've never seen the smarter AI come back even this generation, the drivatars seem to be based off of 4's AI for the most part.

The most noticible thing is that you can cause a pileup and they don't really try to evade it, just turn away slightly and crash into you anyway.

The way they just hold the line and never yield is infuriating. I don't understand why it's been this bad for the last few games. It ruins the immersion for me when the first few corners almost always end in wrecks as you try to get ahead of the homicidal ai. Do they leave it like this on purpose because people enjoy the contact?

The way they just hold the line and never yield is infuriating. I don't understand why it's been this bad for the last few games. It ruins the immersion for me when the first few corners almost always end in wrecks as you try to get ahead of the homicidal ai. Do they leave it like this on purpose because people enjoy the contact?

Forza AI always brakes early in corners too, and you can see their brake lights flutter rapidly because they can't seem to manage steady deceleration.

G Rom

Is it only me or drafting is broken in the Formula E series ? 🤔
It felt like it in the first races so I was glad to see Daytona coming up to confirm my suspicions.
During the oval part of the Daytona 24h track, being behind another car made absolutely no difference in speed and I never managed to complete a “good draft” for my mod either, despite staying behind cars for several laps...

Is it only me or drafting is broken in the Formula E series ? 🤔
It felt like it in the first races so I was glad to see Daytona coming up to confirm my suspicions.
During the oval part of the Daytona 24h track, being behind another car made absolutely no difference in speed and I never managed to complete a “good draft” for my mod either, despite staying behind cars for several laps...

It didn't work here either.

Mascot

It's amazing that Assetto Corsa now seems to subjectively have the "best" AI out of the current crop of serious racing games. It was fucking awful a little while ago but Kunos have worked magic with it.

Drivatars seemed like such a great concept but it appears it's still a deeply flawed system by successfully doing exactly what it set out to do: replicate human behaviour, warts 'n' all.

The Stig

so i just went and pulled the trigger on the ultimate edition. and wait, we can play this NOW?

also have we got a performance/tweaking thread? i want to squeeze whatever I can outta this baby

i5 6600k @4.2ghz
32gb of PC4 24000 ram
strix nvidia gtx 1060 6gb

im gaming @ 1080 60fps so hopefully thisll run well. the halts in the demo had me worried but i didnt tweak the settings at all. and if worst comes to worst ill fire up the xbone s.

regs

Car classes are still in the game. Upgrading cars is stil in the game. What prevents you from upgrading to the class of your choosing?

Homologation, I can upgrade my Class A car, just not to the top of class A. I'm not (easily) told what the criteria for the homologation class is so I have to buy upgrades that I don't need etc. Edit: even then I win the races without upgrading. I'm just choosing a car and racing, not changing anything about it. Might as well be any other racer. I feel like the things I like to do in this game don't matter. Things in this game just seem like more of a chore.

Not a fan, I liked it how it was. Don't care about leaderboards I want to have fun.

37412182561_e349934810_o.png

Took a shot of the Audi 90 after recording its sounds.

GHG

Gold Member
It's amazing that Assetto Corsa now seems to subjectively have the "best" AI out of the current crop of serious racing games. It was fucking awful a little while ago but Kunos have worked magic with it.

Drivatars seemed like such a great concept but it appears it's still a deeply flawed system by successfully doing exactly what it set out to do: replicate human behaviour, warts 'n' all.

That's because they actually worked on their AI algorithms. It's not rocket science but instead we end up with this bullshit system where you get to experience online racing shenanigans offline... like who even asked for that?

Eurogamer touched on it as well in their review in progress:

So it's a bit of a shame that the race itself is a three-lap farce where Forza Motorsport 7's AI doesn't seem to have toned itself down to fit the more deathly attributes of 60s F1 cars, the field aggressively knocking each other this way and that, while the slightly melodramatic handling model also seems to struggle to meet the task at hand. When you're aiming to please as broad a crowd as Forza there's always going to be a casualty or two along the way, so know this; if it's serious racing you're after, this might not be the ticket.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...something-few-other-driving-games-are-anymore

Poppyseed

Re-posting myself since nobody answered...

Where the hell is time trials? I want to just race against myself, and see my best times before I start the race, and have my ghost on the track when I start the race.

Any ideas??

Really regretting buying this game since there’s no time trials. And no, removing all drivatar vehicles is NOT the same. It’s not saving my best laps, and I don’t see any ghost of mine on the track until after I do my first lap.

Why Turn 10? Why??

Re-posting myself since nobody answered...

Where the hell is time trials? I want to just race against myself, and see my best times before I start the race, and have my ghost on the track when I start the race.

Any ideas??

Really regretting buying this game since there’s no time trials. And no, removing all drivatar vehicles is NOT the same. It’s not saving my best laps, and I don’t see any ghost of mine on the track until after I do my first lap.

Why Turn 10? Why??

Rivals

I'm doing that first endurance race showcase (23 laps on spa) and my tires are getting really worn. Are these other cars going to pit at any point?

Edit: they finally started putting on the 3rd to last lap

Revson

There are no class leaderboards in rivals, no homologation leaderboards either. Only 5 spec hotlaps as well.

For someone who races online or hotlaps, FM7 is the worst online Forza in the series by far. I have no idea how Turn 10 have dropped the ball so hard when it comes to the online aspect of the game.

I did the endurance race in the second trophy. Did anyone have any issues after 15-16 laps with the track completely disappearing? i turned on the driving line just so i could tell where to go, then the game crashed :( i was almost done with the race.

Anyone know of a good free or cheap gif creation program?

Poppyseed

There are no class leaderboards in rivals, no homologation leaderboards either. Only 5 spec hotlaps as well.

For someone who races online or hotlaps, FM7 is the worst online Forza in the series by far. I have no idea how Turn 10 have dropped the ball so hard when it comes to the online aspect of the game.

Yep. This. I’m so irritated I wasted my money on this game. Ugh...

zorbsie

My drivatar is bringing home the bacon! 17 races earned 4,418cr. 372 races earned 16,150cr. Something seems off here.

spuckthew

This is great. Press ENTER to start the game and it shutdowns. :D

Mine's a bit fickle like that too. I thought it was RTSS and got the game to run the first time I closed it, but today the game crashed a couple times even after turning RTSS off. Also, earlier I forgot to turn RTSS off (thinking that it was the main cause) and got into the game first try with my OSD working and everything. So I can't figure out what's causing it (not that I've really looked into it mind you!)

This is great. Press ENTER to start the game and it shutdowns. :D
Try pressing alt+enter during the Turn 10 intro. I had this problem with the demo though the game works fine.

One issue I have with the games graphics is night racing when you're in the middle of the pack. Shadows become very jerky and flash on and off. My game runs fine, no fps drop or throttling of the CPU or GPU just a weird shadow glitch as if the game simply can't handle all that shadow geometry from multiple sources.

It's a shame spray from vehicles don't splash on the windscreen. And I'm not fond of the little clouds of spray half vanishing into the road. Makes them look like cheap 2D sprites.

Bought the UE for XBone and while the game seems fun, I’m not really into the loot box bullshit and locking of cars through a collection thing... maybe I should’ve picked this up later instead if/when T10 decides to fix the bullshit.

Anybody know the return policy on Amazon for physical games?

xrnzaaas

Hmm that's disappointing since I own car pass in fh3.
Maybe they needed more time on this. They also didn't seem to respond to folks wanting more of a civilian class car and working up from there progression.

Yeah it sucks, they probably left out new cars for car packs and forzathons.

Bought the UE for XBone and while the game seems fun, I’m not really into the loot box bullshit and locking of cars through a collection thing... maybe I should’ve picked this up later instead if/when T10 decides to fix the bullshit.

Anybody know the return policy on Amazon for physical games?

Eh the loot box and collection thing are a bit overblown, I've yet to be annoyed by both so far.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Weird, people kept saying it was fine. Try the camera option instead.
I'm on XBO and during heavy rain with cars in front of me it got really choppy which is surprising cause I thought this was locked 60fps.

Zel3

Mine's a bit fickle like that too. I thought it was RTSS and got the game to run the first time I closed it, but today the game crashed a couple times even after turning RTSS off. Also, earlier I forgot to turn RTSS off (thinking that it was the main cause) and got into the game first try with my OSD working and everything. So I can't figure out what's causing it (not that I've really looked into it mind you!)

Managed to get past the title screen a few times only for the game to shutdown. *sigh*

Eh the loot box and collection thing are a bit overblown, I've yet to be annoyed by both so far.

Maybe, but really my issues with it is the handling as I prefer 6's and the lack of a time trial option(I know you can set free run or whatever to 0 cars and number of laps).

Like in 6 driving the Carrera GT without any assists was a damn near impossible task but here I can breeze through it easily. And it's not that I became a better driver all of a sudden as I popped in 6 immediately after and it was still balls hard to drive.

It definitely is fun and the SP campaign is leagues better than 6's boring mess. The in-car camera without the steering wheel is one of the best things ever... the way the dashboard rotates/distort with your steering direction and your view slightly altering is seriously fucking amazing(and nauseating lol.)

I could probably live with the loot box as long as they don't make you use real money for it. The collection thing is sorta okay since it does let you rent cars if you just wanna fuck around but I just don't like the idea of both the loot box and collection. Really I just want to buy random cars to mod and fuck around with.

Idk lol. The more I play it, the more I want to keep it but I definitely regret getting the UE. I definitely would've been fine with the standard version.

T Ghost

As in you felt feedback from the bumps and curbs in the track and tires regaining grip? I felt nothing the one time I tried on PC with my G920.

FFB for bumps and curbs there, clear, same for lost of grip, understeer and oversteer. Sound and rumble effects for bumps and curbs are accurate as well.

Using default FFB settings (XB1S version)

I am running G920 FW 96.3.49. Are you running latest FW for G920?
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g920-driving-force/downloads#windowsPnlBar

I also increased a FFB strength setting on the Logitech software with the wheel connected to PC, while ago. Not sure if this has anything to do with how my G920 is performing with FM7 on XB1S. Ill check this setting there when I get change and share here.

Other thing you may try is to delete all profiles for the wheel on the LT SW and start over with a new default one. Heard some cases in other games in the past where this helped.

Echoes

20 laps into the endurance race, the game signs me out of my account (I get "Bye, [your name]!") and I get booted back to the title screen.

On top of everything else, FM7 managed to go from a GOTY contender to a game I can't see myself recommend anyone when Horizon 3 is leagues better in every way.

Maybe it'll be playable in a year or two. For now, I'm done.

Top Bottom