• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Is it only me or drafting is broken in the Formula E series ? 🤔
It felt like it in the first races so I was glad to see Daytona coming up to confirm my suspicions.
During the oval part of the Daytona 24h track, being behind another car made absolutely no difference in speed and I never managed to complete a “good draft” for my mod either, despite staying behind cars for several laps...

Maybe it's completely broken? I honestly can't tell if it's ever working in 7. Never feels like I am getting any extra speed or anything when drafting. Even the sound doesn't change anymore.

Or I am just completely missing it.

Also, I love the loot boxes. There is always too much money in these games and not enough fun things to buy. I love the loot boxes and will continue to buy a ton. It's a great addition.

The limited VIP consumables are not though. That's some greedy shit.

The irony is, it can actively STOP players learning the track in a lot of cases.
Yup, that's why I have to keep it turned off. I want to use it to learn the track but I find myself just "driving by colors" instead of actually learning. I do love being able to swap assists on the fly during a race. I sometimes start with the braking line off and then turn it off halfway thru so I can learn the new tracks.

borges

Banned
What the hell are those arrow markings on the road?! Is that another PC glitch or something?

CavernousHelplessHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

Smax

I play with the brake assist line. I feel like I won't be able to know what to do with any given corner otherwise. Should I ditch it and learn to play without it? (I feel I'll resort to rewinding a lot.)
I firmly believe that the racing line assist and rewind actually prevent people from learning and improving. I think they only exist for gamers who don't enjoy driving but want to play these games for some reason.

Raudi

So how do you start a Formula E race? It asks for it to be homologated and then says it already is but I can't start a race. What?

I'm having this same issue - anyone find a work around?

Very Disappointed with Multiplayer Hoppers choices - So many Awesome Race Cars / Series and absolutely 0 Race series hoppers, GT3, Touring Cars, V8 Super cars - Where's the Racing Turn 10?

Please put community folks in charge of Hoppers so we can get some good competitive online racing!

TheRed

I play with the brake assist line. I feel like I won't be able to know what to do with any given corner otherwise. Should I ditch it and learn to play without it? (I feel I'll resort to rewinding a lot.)

Yeah you should. It feels way better to do complete laps without and actually improve each lap. Brake line is ok though for like the first time you've ever seen a track if you want but after that you should just keep it off.

I'm having this same issue - anyone find a work around?

Very Disappointed with Multiplayer Hoppers choices - So many Awesome Race Cars / Series and absolutely 0 Race series hoppers, GT3, Touring Cars, V8 Super cars - Where's the Racing Turn 10?

Please put community folks in charge of Hoppers so we can get some good competitive online racing!
Yeah. Others on the Forza 7 forums have the same issue so it looks like a game bug.

I firmly believe that the racing line assist and rewind actually prevent people from learning and improving. I think they only exist for gamers who don't enjoy driving but want to play these games for some reason.

Gatekeeping nonsense.

My kids enjoy playing this game. They have fun. They have a laugh. They are playing a game. I bet they have more fun than you doing it, because they don't have a chip on their shoulder about how. Someone. Else. Is. Playing. A. Fucking. Videogame.

GHG

Gold Member
Gatekeeping nonsense.

My kids enjoy playing this game. They have fun. They have a laugh. They are playing a game. I bet they have more fun than you doing it, because they don't have a chip on their shoulder about how. Someone. Else. Is. Playing. A. Fucking. Videogame.

Nobody said anything about fun. He's talking about people who want to learn and improve while playing these games.

Someone literally asked for help on how to improve and he gave valid advice.

sTiTcH AU

Gatekeeping nonsense.

The first sentence is true, the second was unnecessary. In terms of wanting to improve, you need to get rid of the driving line and learn your own breaking points and lines.

It does make it hard though with lack of practice options and races that generally only going for a few laps and then you move onto the next. Using the rewind is perfectly fine IMO if you want to learn the tracks better because of this, you will need it less eventually.

Spasm

You used to be rewarded with cars (sometimes rare/expensive ones), or hundreds of thousands of CR (VIP used to really shine here) when you leveled up.
Now? Your choice of 40kCR, a cheap car or an 80kCR discount on an expensive car, or a basic track-suit. No VIP bonus at all because fuck you. It's absolute fucking garbage.

Fox Mulder

Braking line is fine, there's hundreds of cars in the game with different handling and braking points. The game lacks practice and qualifying to get used to a track and car before a career race or in a lobby.

Even top 1% leaderboard esport guys use it for the consistently aid.

Fox Mulder

Yep, I only find myself lerarning the track when I turn the map and brakin/guiding line off.

If I'm not doing that my brain doesn't bother memorize a single turn on the track.

Even with whatever aids on, you should be able to memorize tracks just out of repetition really.

I've seen mini maps taped into f1 and le mans cars. It's not the end of the world.

Gatekeeping nonsense.

jeeze don't take it the wrong way

LoveCake

Also, I love the loot boxes. There is always too much money in these games and not enough fun things to buy. I love the loot boxes and will continue to buy a ton. It's a great addition.

Towards the end of the game players garner a lot of credits, but with many cars only available via random loot crates billions will have to be earned.

I think it's disgusting to lock cars in random loot crates for a full priced game, let alone the people who have paid even more for the deluxe or ultimate editions, having mod cards in random packs like Forza 6 was fine (as there were permanent ones as well) but cars is one step too far, as for race gear I don't care as it's a pointless addition better to have just been able to customise a suit and helmet like in other games.

gragy10

After the points based championships in FH3 it’s feels pretty shitty to have to win every single race in a series to get the ‘Complete’ tick - completely kills any dynamic to Career Mode when every race has to end in a victory.
I thought FM6 was a decent return to form but between the above, shitty rubberbanding, a dearth of new car/track content & a general absence of polish I’m finding it hard to get hyped about my £80 purchase.
Increasingly feels like T10 should concentrate on the engine & audio/visuals of the Forza franchise & have Playground handle game design

Jorav

Visuals for upgrades are broken on some cars, nothing is displayed when you increase rim size, change rim type or change hoods.

Also forever yelling at the AI, not even on the racing line and they come right across and take you out when they need to make or corner or simply ram you from behind.

After the points based championships in FH3 it's feels pretty shitty to have to win every single race in a series to get the ‘Complete' tick - completely kills any dynamic to Career Mode when every race has to end in a victory.
I thought FM6 was a decent return to form but between the above, shitty rubberbanding, a dearth of new car/track content & a general absence of polish I'm finding it hard to get hyped about my £80 purchase.
Increasingly feels like T10 should concentrate on the engine & audio/visuals of the Forza franchise & have Playground handle game design

I thought they were changing to championship points? I have only played the demo so had no idea if they really did or not.

There is an ever growing list of small to medium things that build up to really make forza 7 sound like a pass to me.

After the points based championships in FH3 it's feels pretty shitty to have to win every single race in a series to get the ‘Complete' tick - completely kills any dynamic to Career Mode when every race has to end in a victory.

That's not the game I'm playing.

I'm on the fifth tier of the cup competition now and I've probably not even won half the competitions I've got the tick for.

I thought they were changing to championship points? I have only played the demo so had no idea if they really did or not.

They have. I don't know what he was talking about. But you don't have to win the events, just complete them.

MouldyK

After the points based championships in FH3 it’s feels pretty shitty to have to win every single race in a series to get the ‘Complete’ tick - completely kills any dynamic to Career Mode when every race has to end in a victory.

Wait...I was going to not get full points on a Championship to test...

...so for “Fully Complete Car Division”...you gotta win every race then?

They have. I don't know what he was talking about. But you don't have to win the events, just complete them.

I don’t count the 100pts, 200pts, 300pts etc. as “Championship Points”...imagine each race in F1 being worth more than the last!

One thing I do like though is the “Long Laps”. 15-20 Minute Races are better than 5-10!

EDIT: Holy Crap! Spa Endurance is:

Standard: 23 Laps.
Long: 46 Laps.
Extra Long: 69 Laps.

Guess I’ll do that Achievement last!

Right editing to clean up this post.

My own score board is above.

Blue are events I've completed. Some of which I've won.

Ones with ticks are where I got maximum points.

You do not need the maximum points to progress. You just need to complete events, whether you win or not, whether you get more points than the opposition or not. Just like regular racing. There's a points table.

The tick for 100% is there for folks to track the achievement for getting a maximum, but in terms of playing the game and progressing it is not required.

Lettuce

So what do i get with the Deluxe edition over the standard version?, as with this whole debacle over the VIP pass not giving a consistent x2 boost im not sure if its worth the extra £10, how many extra cars do you get?

So what do i get with the Deluxe edition over the standard version?, as with this whole debacle over the VIP pass not giving a consistent x2 boost im not sure if its worth the extra £10, how many extra cars do you get?

Deluxe is not a great. You get the game and some extra car packs. But it doesn't include the season pass for car DLC.

As we've found out the VIP is a shitty deal. But at least you get the car pass with the ultimate bundle.

There are enough cars in the regular most inexpensive version if you want to jump in but aren't sure.

Profanity

I thought FM6 was a decent return to form but between the above, shitty rubberbanding, a dearth of new car/track content & a general absence of polish I’m finding it hard to get hyped about my £80 purchase.

Do you want to elaborate on the unfounded rubberbanding claim instead of just making it a throwaway comment? To my knowledge there is no such thing.

MouldyK

Hmm, I seem to not be able to afford cars I need for Championships...

Maybe it’s because during Championship Races, I get money and think “Maybe I should save this money until after this Championship so I can buy another car for the next Championship...but I have 300,000CR, so...”

landscape-1480073000-whats-in-this-box.gif

Haha. Done that too.

I've found in a few cases that the showcases in the next tier give you cars that you can use to complete events on the previous tier.

For example I won a pre-war F1 car in a showcase. So I could go back to the tier below and now do that series without spending any credits.

zorbsie

Hmm, I seem to not be able to afford cars I need for Championships...

Maybe it’s because during Championship Races, I get money and think “Maybe I should save this money until after this Championship so I can buy another car for the next Championship...but I have 300,000CR, so...”

This is me exactly. lol I'm in a championship now with a car I won from a loot box. Couldn't afford to do the series I actually wanted to do. Still love it.

I've found in a few cases that the showcases in the next tier give you cars that you can use to complete events on the previous tier.

Good tip! Now I can spend more on loot boxes. :)

Seems like every championship in the Forza Driver's Cup ends with a race on the combined Nordschleife + GP. I have no problem with this.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Keep the impressions coming guys. Gonna be about another two or three weeks for me. Still hoping for news on a VR patch some day.

I've only had to race that track once so far. You must be the anti-me who picks entirely different series. :)

It seems like I'm getting it for every championship. Also just to clarify, by the Driver's Cup I mean the very last campaign "division", not the career in general in case that's what you mean.

Hawk269

There is an ever growing list of small to medium things that build up to really make forza 7 sound like a pass to me.

I just played and won the first series which was 4 or 5 different races and you are awarded points based on your finishing position. Even after the race it list all of the drivers and has markers indicating how many position some drives increased or decreased based on the position they finished in. Out of the 4 races I came in 1st twice, 2nd and 3rd and still won the championship based on my points.

Not sure what the other person is playing, but at least in my very first championship, which I picked the hatchback series it was points based.

Can't say enough of how much a visual improvements, especially IQ wise this game on Xbox One S is over Forza 6. Like WOW difference. Still lots of jaggies and shimmering, but playing certain tracks in F7 and then playing the same in F6 it is a massive improvement....and I cannot stress how impressive the recreation of Maple Valley is! They did such a fantastic job!

Lastly, in the Hatch Back series you race at Sebring at night and fuck is the lighting so damn good, especially as the time passes and it starts to brighten up and at a certain corner you see the sun start to ever slowly rise..such a great look to the lighting on that track.

dafodeu

Anyone else find it jarring to go from playing Forza 7 to Forza Horizon 3 due to the FPS difference of 60fps vs 30fps? I really wish they would have an 60fps mode for Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One X.

Top Bottom