• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Don't blame people for having the least amount of standards.

Playground managed to fix their game, even if it took some time and some heat. Let's see if T10 will do the same.

Project Cars 2... FM 7...

Only GT Sport can restore our faith in QA testing now!

qVbUArb.gif

There are no class leaderboards in rivals, no homologation leaderboards either. Only 5 spec hotlaps as well.

For someone who races online or hotlaps, FM7 is the worst online Forza in the series by far. I have no idea how Turn 10 have dropped the ball so hard when it comes to the online aspect of the game.

Remember when forza 2 had time leaderboards for every single single player race? those were the good days of beating your friends times.

Zel3

What are my chances of getting a refund? The only reason I bought the Ultimate Edition is to play a few days early and in the current state, I can’t play the game.

Thanks! It's on sale for $279 which seems a good discount. I'm on Xbox too.

I want to buy a wheel so badly, but I don’t have anything to attach it to with my setup, and do really have room for a stand or anything. :/

I want to buy a Drivehub addon so I can use the same wheel for XBO, PC, and PS4.

What are my chances of getting a refund? The only reason I bought the Ultimate Edition is to play a few days early and in the current state, I can't play the game.

I've always heard support will refund at least once if it's a fair enough reason, I tried with halo 5 back in the day but because I had been waiting a month (I got sick of the online not having regional options) I was out of luck, but fair enough in that situation I had owned it for a while.

QA? In my GT? :p

My two go-tos for GT's lack of polish are:

1. The fact that, when faced with hideous performance issues in GT5, PD decided to make GT6 render at a higher resolution, solving nothing.

2. The fact that for a pretty long time, MR cars were straight up undriveable in GT6 due to a physics bug.

It's coming though, they are waiting to implement the tokens.

Yeah I know it is... I'm kinda trying to forget about it lol.

Eh, we'll see after the weekend then. If I still regret buying it, then yeah I'm gonna try a refund or sell it somewhere as I haven't used the UE code.

I'll probably just put that $100 I spent on my "stage 1 APR tune fund" for my GTI lol.

Fox Mulder

Project Cars 2... FM 7...

I'm really bummed out how these ended up. I already lost interest with GT based on its direction. 2017 should have been amazing.

I'm still having fun with f1 2017.

rashbeep

Banned
QA? In my GT? :p

My two go-tos for GT's lack of polish are:

1. The fact that, when faced with hideous performance issues in GT5, PD decided to make GT6 render at a higher resolution, solving nothing.

2. The fact that for a pretty long time, MR cars were straight up undriveable in GT6 due to a physics bug.

Iirc gt5 had some pretty bad loading times, even in menus

DarkestHour

Banned
I bet FM7 would be perfect for PC if everyone ran 1080p and didn't use a wheel. Fix the wheel issues and I'll buy the game again.

TheRed

FFB for bumps and curbs there, clear, same for lost of grip, understeer and oversteer. Sound and rumble effects for bumps and curbs are accurate as well.

Using default FFB settings (XB1S version)

I am running G920 FW 96.3.49. Are you running latest FW for G920?
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g920-driving-force/downloads#windowsPnlBar

I also increased a FFB strength setting on the Logitech software with the wheel connected to PC, while ago. Not sure if this has anything to do with how my G920 is performing with FM7 on XB1S. Ill check this setting there when I get change and share here.

Other thing you may try is to delete all profiles for the wheel on the LT SW and start over with a new default one. Heard some cases in other games in the past where this helped.
Thanks. Sounds much better than what I experienced. I'll check it out more when I get back home. Even if it's not close to as good as PC2 and Assetto Corsa is for me I'll be happy if it's at least decent.

styl3s

What about Rivals? This isn’t FM6. There’s no time trials in there.

Wish I could get a refund. The curse of buying digital.
Microsoft is pretty good at giving refunds long as you didn't play for a overly long time. Can you even get a refund on physical games once opened?

This. Does anyone on GAF actually LIKE this game?!?!!??!?

So you can't criticize something you like? We need to cuddle the devs now? If people didn't bitch about FH3's performance problems nothing would've happened.

Behind all this stuttery mess and lootbox crap there is a decent / good game. With faults but good.

I'm doing that first endurance race showcase (23 laps on spa) and my tires are getting really worn. Are these other cars going to pit at any point?

Edit: they finally started putting on the 3rd to last lap

I believe that's the AI standard "strategy" in long races, I did a lot of long races against the AI in F6 ant they always pitted for tyres on the final 2 or 3 laps

Echoes

Changing the race length in the career mode is so infuriatingly bad. Standard, Long, Extra Long... I like it in theory because you set it once and forget it. But it's perplexing that there's nothing between "Standard" and "Long". A 4-lap race suddenly becomes 13, which is way too much.

Debating not playing the game until the X releases and hoping the month would give them time to polish it. This sadly feels like a beta to me.

GHG

Gold Member
Changing the race length in the career mode is so infuriatingly bad. Standard, Long, Extra Long... I like it in theory because you set it once and forget it. But it's perplexing that there's nothing between "Standard" and "Long". A 4-lap race suddenly becomes 13, which is way too much.

Debating not playing the game until the X releases and hoping the month would give them time to polish it. This sadly feels like a beta to me.

It should literally be custom in that you select the number of laps you want to race and the credit rewards scale accordingly.

I don't understand the logic behind it.

I might sound like a sourpuss but that's because I loved the series and disagree with how it's going lately, I want to see qualifying, pitstops, nicer more clever AI more then anything else right now, also the game has shifted to more supercars and less starting poor and earning your way to the top like the original games felt.

I'm absolutely loving it. Up to car collection tier 6 now, and I'm in the 5th section of the driver cup.

Remember those who are having no tech problems and those loving the game are playing it, rather than posting here.

So obviously the thread is going to be full of negatives.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm absolutely loving it. Up to car collection tier 6 now, and I'm in the 5th section of the driver cup.

Remember those who are having no tech problems and those loving the game are playing it, rather than posting here.

So obviously the thread is going to be full of negatives.

I get that you're enjoying the game, and that's fine because everyones opinions are going to differ.

Having said that, let's be real here. The Forza Horizon 3 and FM6 OT's at this stage (48 hours after they unlocked for ultimate edition players) were full of people singing the games praises, posting screenshots and everybody was generally having a great time. And that was even with a lot of people experiencing performance issues on the PC version of Horizon 3.

This release has promised a lot more than what's been delivered for a lot of people.

Anyone playing endurance/ extra long races, please chime in: does the AI gets slower after dozens of laps or what? I always see them put out an amazing lap in the first 3-9 laps, then they never reach that ever again. I tried turning fuel / tyre wear off and back to cosmetic to test but it didn't matter.

Playing on pro, dry.

Over 4mil credits so far and not even 15% done with the game. Can't believe I listened to people saying there were payout problems.

This game looks insane especially during downpours and thunderstorms. I cant even imagine how it will look on the XBX.

Smax

That's the racing line assist. Most racing game have them as an option to help people learn the track.
Yeah, I was joking. Can't believe people actually play with that shit on. It's like watching a film in your native language with close captions on.

Echoes

I play with the brake assist line. I feel like I won't be able to know what to do with any given corner otherwise. Should I ditch it and learn to play without it? (I feel I'll resort to rewinding a lot.)

I get that you're enjoying the game, and that's fine because everyones opinions are going to differ.

Having said that, let's be real here. The Forza Horizon 3 and FM6 OT's at this stage (48 hours after they unlocked for ultimate edition players) were full of people singing the games praises, posting screenshots and everybody was generally having a great time. And that was even with a lot of people experiencing performance issues on the PC version of Horizon 3.

This release has promised a lot more than what's been delivered for a lot of people.
I feel the same, regrettably. I loved Horizon 3 from the beginning, and didn't mind the technical issues that much. FM7 feels underwhelming in a lot of aspects. The VIP trick with the Ultimate Edition is too sleazy for my taste too, to be honest. Ah well. I'm keeping an open mind but feeling robbed of what could've been the gaming experience of the year for me.

What’s the music like? As bad as Forza 5?
It's some kind of very cheesy rock music. I've turned it off.

Nope. No idea why I can't start the Formula E races. Has anyone done them in the Breakout Championship? Must be a bug or am I missing something? Asks to homologate it. I choose yes. It says your car is already optimized for this division and that's it again, and again, and again.

Top Bottom