• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

An expansion maybe? Or is it thinking too big?
You never know. Last time we had nascar and porsche. I was thinking Super GT but chance of that happening is less than 0.1% lol GTS seems to be all over FIA GT so this one isn't happening either. So what can we get this time?

I wish people in this thread would get what you mean - but it seems they do not. To try and make it more clear

Note: These are Fake numbers as i'm at work, but to illustrate Gestault's point that people seem to be ignoring in their responses:

F6 - TCM off 10% + STM off 10% + Sim damage 10% +AI at pro 30 % = 60% total bonus
F7 - AI at Pro - 60% = 60% total Bonus [without mod packs!]

So - F7 offers what boils down to the same payout JUST picking difficulty setting. Then ... you can also pick and choose mods for extra bonuses. just like before...

Pro is actually 80

GHG

Gold Member
I wish people in this thread would get what you mean - but it seems they do not. To try and make it more clear

Note: These are Fake numbers as i'm at work, but to illustrate Gestault's point that people seem to be ignoring in their responses:

F6 - TCM off 10% + STM off 10% + Sim damage 10% +AI at pro 30 % = 60% total bonus
F7 - AI at Pro - 60% = 60% total Bonus [without mod packs!]

So - F7 offers what boils down to the same payout JUST picking difficulty setting. Then ... you can also pick and choose mods for extra bonuses. just like before...

You don't pick and choose any mods. You cannot buy them individually.

What luck? You have mod boxes that have mods only in them. Lootboxes aren't core of the game, it's kust fun addition for people like me who swim in credits and have nothing else to spend them on.

Every time you open a loot box you are trying your luck, it's gambling. If I want only the mods that give me bonuses for turning certain assists off there's no way for me to guarantee that I will get those. There's a high chance I'll end up with mods I don't want such as "top five finish", or some perfect turn/pass shite.

"Lootboxes aren't the core of the game" - if so why are they on every menu screen imaginable throughout the career? Why does the voiceover prompt you to buy them if you aren't? Why can you only get driver gear and mods from lootboxes? Why is there an achievement for opening your first lootbox?

Thank heavens for lootboxes, I don't know what I'd do with all my credits just sitting there, what a waste. It's not like I can buy more cars, or get some upgrades for some random car I've not tried yet, or even buy some cars from the auction house.

You don't pick and choose any mods. You cannot buy them individually.

Every time you open a loot box you are trying your luck, it's gambling. If I want only the mods that give me bonuses for turning certain assists off there's no way for me to guarantee that I will get those. There's a high chance I'll end up with mods I don't want such as "top five finish", or some perfect turn/pass shite.

"Lootboxes aren't the core of the game" - if so why are they on every menu screen imaginable throughout the career? Why does the voiceover prompt you to buy them if you aren't? Why can you only get driver gear and mods from lootboxes? Why is there an achievement for opening your first lootbox?

Thank heavens for lootboxes, I don't know what I'd do with all my credits just sitting there, what a waste. It's not like I can buy more cars, or get some upgrades for some random car I've not tried yet, or even buy some cars from the auction house.

You get driver gear and mods as a reward for a player level, not only loot boxes. Voiceover prompt you about new stuff in every Forza game and the menus are created the way so you don't have to ever leave to main menu and have access to everything from one simple menu.

And if you buy a mod pack you know you get mods, you don't know what kind but you know all of them are mods which give you some kind of bonus anyway. One modbox will make you more money than the cost of it.

sueil

Do longer races reward more xp / credits? Like if I change the settings in a race to be long instead of standard?

KdotIX

Thought I would put the brakes on my career mode progress whilst T10 push the 2x base VIP multiplier and decided to hit multiplayer. Went into the Hot Hatch Hopper and my god its a shit show! However, it's still fun trying to work your way up the field. I ended up talking to a few funny Brits and having a good time racing clean with them, goes to show when you find a good crowd, the game shines.

zorbsie

This assists complaint is just dumb. I really don't get it, except you need something to complain about. I don't think I can explain it any clearer than I already did. I have bought 5 loot boxes and have no need to buy more. I have close to 200 cars I'm level 130 and have 2M credits. I don't see a problem with the assist bonus change. The bonus is still given to us. FM6 had random assist boost in mod packs as well. People keep forgetting that point. I'll just keep quiet about it from now on.

Do longer races reward more xp / credits? Like if I change the settings in a race to be long instead of standard?

Yes, Most of the time races set to long will give you aroung 40K credits with no mods and difficulty bonuses and at least one driver level per long race.

sueil

Yes, Most of the time races set to long will give you aroung 40K credits with no mods and difficulty bonuses and at least one driver level per long race.

Okay that's good because I prefer long races in racing games but it sucks if there isn't any reason to actually do the,.

This assists complaint is just dumb. I really don't get it, except you need something to complain about. I don't think I can explain it any clearer than I already did. I have bought 5 loot boxes and have no need to buy more. I have close to 200 cars I'm level 130 and have 2M credits. I don't see a problem with the assist bonus change. The bonus is still given to us. FM6 had random assist boost in mod packs as well. People keep forgetting that point. I'll just keep quiet about it from now on.

I have spent over 10 mil credits yesterday on gear boxes and made over 2 mil just this morning. There are tons of credits in this game. People who complain about are either too lazy to do long races or didn't really play the game much cause they would knew how easy it is to get anything in this game.

mrmyth

Been playing FM since 1. For me, the AI difficulty bonus would be a suitable replacement if the AI didn't cheat. They don't get better at racing the higher you go, they get artificial engine boosts and get to ignore physics. The buggy race is a prime example- they walked away from me on the straights and turned with no tire squeal. Even Pro AI is bullshit in this version, but it always was. I got around it before by dropping the difficulty and turning off assists. Can't do that anymore and still feel rewarded for it. I can't believe the counter argument is that no other racer rewarded for turning off assists. Hell, that was why I bought Forza. We're saying unique features are a minus now?
Now the game is less enjoyable to me personally because I feel like it values winning more than racing/learning to drive. Between the VIP bait and switch, homogolation, and the new loot crate setup it's the first Forza I'm not going to play. I fear for what will be done to Horizon.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Been playing FM since 1. For me, the AI difficulty bonus would be a suitable replacement if the AI didn't cheat. They don't get better at racing the higher you go, they get artificial engine boosts and get to ignore physics. The buggy race is a prime example- they walked away from me on the straights and turned with no tire squeal. Even Pro AI is bullshit in this version, but it always was. I got around it before by dropping the difficulty and turning off assists. Can't do that anymore and still feel rewarded for it. I can't believe the counter argument is that no other racer rewarded for turning off assists. Hell, that was why I bought Forza. We're saying unique features are a minus now?
Now the game is less enjoyable to me personally because I feel like it values winning more than racing/learning to drive. Between the VIP bait and switch, homogolation, and the new loot crate setup it's the first Forza I'm not going to play. I fear for what will be done to Horizon.

The buggy race just sucks balls altogether, dunno why they had to carry them over from FH3 but yeah, I had the same sort of issues with it.

Avalt

Yup, race length increases the base amount of credits you get at the end.

I'm guessing the formulas looks similar to the following: (1 kilometres x 1000 Credits) x 0-1000% Bonus from difficulty and mods.

Be aware that the very long races can take 40+ minutes.

Been playing FM since 1. For me, the AI difficulty bonus would be a suitable replacement if the AI didn't cheat. They don't get better at racing the higher you go, they get artificial engine boosts and get to ignore physics. The buggy race is a prime example- they walked away from me on the straights and turned with no tire squeal

I said this here dozens of pages ago.

I remove what I said about the AI being fine in the dry. First place 90% of the time just has a better car, even when the cars are the same, with the same class and number and everything else.

They can brake later, accelerate faster, have a higher top speed, turn better. I tested multiple times in free mode now, it's baffling. It's not like if you put the difficulty higher they are using perfect lines, no mistakes, etc. The car is just better, even when they are supposed to be the same.

Funny thing is, this mostly happens with first place, the rest (2-20) usually are decent / balanced, while the last two/four (21-24) are ridiculously slow.

I do very long races and they usually take an average of 40 minutes to an hour and reward around 80,000-120,000cr each, with difficulty/level rewards and bonuses you could do around 200k a race.

Tomash

Weird, when I click on it it’s still 95.6gb on Xbox One S. I’m in the insider channel however so maybe I got the X update.

There might be a way to check that. Press left bumper + right bumper + back/view button in my games & apps while Forza 7 tile is highlighted. Check "Assets installed". Durango is Xbox One.

zorbsie

Just finished a race at Brand Hatch in the rain. I thought it was going to be 7 laps in the rain but then mid way through the 6th clouds cleared up and the sun came out. Last lap was just glorious with the still wet track and the sun out. So good.

Nick_C

Response from T10 with regards to the issues I explained a few pages back:

Turn 10 Support said:
We would suggest disabling Game Mode in Windows and close any overclocking, hardware monitoring, streaming, recording and any nonessential apps while you play the game. If this continue though after doing those steps, please provide us with the following info.

[instructions on where to find logs to send them]

Thanks.

I've had Game Mode disabled since I first encountered issues and I don't have any OC, hardware monitoring, streaming or recording apps running. The only things that are running are apps like Steam and GOG Galaxy, but those haven't been open and are running in the background using ~3% of my CPU. I was posting from my phone earlier while playing because alt+tabbing seems to cause issues.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Weird, when I click on it it’s still 95.6gb on Xbox One S. I’m in the insider channel however so maybe I got the X update.

Do you have the "download 4K assets" checked ?
I just did and now my Xbox One is downloading a 28 GB update, the game goes from 67 GB to 95 GB.

Spasm

Something weird is happening with the new update.

Using Manual W/ Clutch shifting, I can no longer start a race with just holding down the throttle and the clutch disengaged. Do I now need to dump the clutch to start a race?

Shit, even dumping the clutch doesn't work. Engine keeps stalling till about 3-4 secs have expired.

PC and Logitech G920 here.

Edit: As soon as I go back to just manual (get rid of the clutch), it fixes it. AFTER a reboot of the game. Without a reboot, the race starts, and keeps pausing.

Yeah, it's just complaining for the sake of complaining, rather than being genuinely concerned for the way these mechanics are increasingly finding their way into triple A titles.

Except they just fixed the primary issues. The loot boxes don't even matter anymore outside of the mods packs which is hardly damning.

Fox Mulder

I know I won't be buying another Forza if they don't fix this AI. It sucks and they've had the stupid issue with first place AI running off in the distance with world record times since FM5.

Cerbero

Is there any plan to fix the AI? Because it doesn't even aknowledge where you are on the track right now, being constastly rammed by it is frustrating.

legbone

Is anyone else having issues with their Xbox one s reading their disc? It tries to boot then kicks me out to the dashboard. One time I got an error message stating "forza 7 took too long to load" or something like that. It reads other discs fine. I deleted my game file and am currently reinstalling hoping that will help. I played for hours last night with no problems. I really don't want to go to Walmart and try and exchange since I figure they will give me shit for not getting the protection plan.

Is anyone else having issues with their Xbox one s reading their disc? It tries to boot then kicks me out to the dashboard. One time I got an error message stating "forza 7 took too long to load" or something like that. It reads other discs fine. I deleted my game file and am currently reinstalling hoping that will help. I played for hours last night with no problems. I really don't want to go to Walmart and try and exchange since I figure they will give me shit for not getting the protection plan.

I have digital version and I get the same, I can't start the game. I get same message "took too long to load". I have been trying for an hour, restarted my console a few times and the game won't start at all.

GHG

Gold Member
I have spent over 10 mil credits yesterday on gear boxes and made over 2 mil just this morning. There are tons of credits in this game. People who complain about are either too lazy to do long races or didn't really play the game much cause they would knew how easy it is to get anything in this game.

Too lazy to do long races.

Haven't really played the game much (it's been out less than a week).

When your defence of lootboxes becomes the above it's time to have a word with yourself.

Is there any plan to fix the AI? Because it doesn't even aknowledge where you are on the track right now, being constastly rammed by it is frustrating.

If past forzas are anything to go by forza 7 AI is here to stay until they do something about it in 8, which is a long shot like asking for better pit stops and qualifying.

Too lazy to do long races.

Haven't really played the game much (it's been out less than a week).

When your defence of lootboxes becomes the above it's time to have a word with yourself.

Why the fuck do I have to defend the loot boxes? They don't bother me at all. I was referring to how easy it is to make money in the game not the loot boxes.

HangOnSloopy08

Neo Member
I have digital version and I get the same, I can't start the game. I get same message "took too long to load". I have been trying for an hour, restarted my console a few times and the game won't start at all.

I have the digital version as well and I’m having the same issue. Game won’t start, it begins to boot then I get a screen that says “something went wrong”. Been trying for about 15 minutes.

GHG why do you constantly frame this discussion by insulting other forum members?

What happened to attack the argument not the person.

The Stig

this is messed up.

so i entered a vintage gt comp (tier 2) and only 2 cars are available to me.

i went for the 70s aston martin vantage.

long story short it costs 205000cr with about 40k worth of homologated parts and also 205000 WITHOUT the homologated parts.

or at least thats what the game tells you. you get the homologated parts but theyre not installed.............................

wtf? why not let us buy it cheaper WITHOUT the parts? why oh why do they desperately want us to drive their particular setups? i dont want those free parts. i want the car cheaper without the parts and i want to choose my own path.

fucks sake

legbone

Shit. I was tempted to sell it to gamestop and get the digital but really don't wanna give up the steelbook and lose money. Glad you spoke up, thanks.

Reinstall didn't help. Glad I paid 100 fucking dollars for a turn 10 coaster.

Helios do you know what's going on? The game won't start at all. Digital version, regular xbox one. Every other game works just fine so it's not a store issue. The only game not working is Forza 7.

legbone

Helios do you know what's going on? The game won't start at all. Digital version, regular xbox one. Every other game works just fine so it's not a store issue. The only game not working is Forza 7.

Same here Helios, but physical ue.

Edit: tried logging out and playing offline to see if it was a server issue or something. Still nothing.

Kaji AF16

Glad to see the modifications on the VIP benefits due to popular demand.

I was able to get into the FM7 launch event here in Argentina. We were invited to make a few laps as co-pilots on a legendary racetrack (Autódromo Roberto Mouras) in suburban Buenos Aires, on board cars from the "Top Race" category (the second most important in the country, I believe) . Some pictures:

DGOEKjJ.jpg

CZliUj8.jpg

jz6VaQy.jpg

The Stig

this is messed up.

so i entered a vintage gt comp (tier 2) and only 2 cars are available to me.

i went for the 70s aston martin vantage.

long story short it costs 205000cr with about 40k worth of homologated parts and also 205000 WITHOUT the homologated parts.

or at least thats what the game tells you. you get the homologated parts but theyre not installed.............................

wtf? why not let us buy it cheaper WITHOUT the parts? why oh why do they desperately want us to drive their particular setups? i dont want those free parts. i want the car cheaper without the parts and i want to choose my own path.

fucks sake
also removing the extra payout for toning down assists really REALLY sucks. it was a defining feature for this series.

Top Bottom