• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
A letter to the Forza community from Alan Hartman, Head of Turn 10 Studios:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Launch_Update

Thank you for all your feedback to date, please keep it coming. We'll continue to keep you all apprised of all the future updates we plan to make to the game.

Note - The original article if you read it said one of the gift cars was the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition, this was an error and it's actually the 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition. The article has since been correct.

Further Edit - We've now sent all VIPs the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition as well :)

Hey Helios, can you confirm that if I were to buy the VIP today, that I would be eligible for the rewards as well?

I have had zero crashes over the last two days of trying to get this thing to run in an acceptable way. Everything else that you've described is representative of my experience. Go up to my previous post and see if anything that I did can help you in any way. It's been running fine for me for the last hour or so.

Thanks bruv, I’ll give your settings a try! I’m honestly just stubborn because I was fairly certain my PC build would rock this game ._.

Nick_C

Thanks bruv, I'll give your settings a try! I'm honestly just stubborn because I was fairly certain my PC build would rock this game ._.

Same here. I am well above recommended specs. I just finished playing for three hours straight with minimal issue. It was perfect, but I'd say that it was more than acceptable.

Yes there is, I had the same issue as you I think. Mouse select does not have a remove function. Use the cursor keys to select the mod and there is an option. Same if you use your wheel d pad if you have one.

It really pissed me off.

Thanks for this. My problem was trying to navigate menus on my PC with a mouse and keyboard.

Gek54

I am getting a really awful screen shake on Nordischleife with the hood view on a vanilla alpha xbone even with camera motion effects off. Bumper and chase cams seem perfectly smooth, cockpit and dash cam just shakes the interior but the hood cam shakes the entire outside world and so far I have only noticed on this track. I just checked FM6 to compare and looking closely it appears to do the same thing but it is far less pronounced so it never really bothered me in FM6.

Hood view is my go to and Nordischleife is what I live on so this is bumming me out.

It's kind of hard to capture and is better viewed on a TV.
https://youtu.be/lRWwROOsq54

Here's hoping this isn't an issue on the Scorpio.

zorbsie

I don't understand the complaining about the lack of bonuses for assists. The AI difficulty gives the bonus now. What's the problem? With all assists off in FM6 the most you could get is 75%. In FM7 pro difficulty will give you 80% and unbeatable will up that to 100%. So you aren't getting a pat on the back for turning off traction control, big deal. Raise the difficulty and you achieve the same bonus.

Gestault

I don't understand the complaining about the lack of bonuses for assists. The AI difficulty gives the bonus now. What's the problem? With all assists off in FM6 the most you could get is 75%. In FM7 pro difficulty will give you 80% and unbeatable will up that to 100%. So you aren't getting a pat on the back for turning off traction control, big deal. Raise the difficulty and you achieve the same bonus.

I had come to the same realization when I started to play, and looked at the actual numbers. I legitimately think that's one of the complaints that's more from people who want a point of contention for a talking point (or haven't thought it though and are being reactionary) more than something that truly changes the play experience for the worse. I don't normally like assuming this sort of thing just from posts online.

Yep, that's what I've been saying.

Spasm

Well, many of the assist bonuses are now mod cards. The main thing that bugs me about it is it's an example of taking out something that was standard in previous iterations, only to sell it back to you (eventually).

zorbsie

Well, many of the assist bonuses are now mod cards. The main thing that bugs me about it is it's an example of taking out something that was standard in previous iterations, only to sell it back to you (eventually).

Those same bonuses were in mod packs in FM6. You don't need to "buy" them because you are already getting the bonus % from difficulty.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Asking again-

Is there a way to turn your headlights on? I just did another daytime race where I went through a long tunnel and it was almost pitch black. The weird thing is the tunnel had a texture on the ceiling with lights on it, but the roadway itself was completely dark.

What determines when your headlights are on, anyways? I've run some pretty dark races where it looked like the rear lights were on for all racers but there were no headlights.

Asking again-

Is there a way to turn your headlights on? I just did another daytime race where I went through a long tunnel and it was almost pitch black. The weird thing is the tunnel had a texture on the ceiling with lights on it, but the roadway itself was completely dark.

What determines when your headlights are on, anyways? I've run some pretty dark races where it looked like the rear lights were on for all racers but there were no headlights.

No you can't turn the light manually.

Just discovered that not all Forzavista locations are in a pit lane. Just took this shot.

RLGgoIJ.jpg

MaDKaT

Anyone getting odd artifacts with the close interior view in the upper corners? Looks sort of like a checkerboard that covers up the half of the mirror and the top of the A-pillar. PC version.

Doesn't seem to be all tracks but on Prague it was atrocious.

Gestault

Anyone getting odd artifacts with the close interior view in the upper corners? Looks sort of like a checkerboard that covers up the half of the mirror and the top of the A-pillar. PC version.

Doesn't seem to be all tracks but on Prague it was atrocious.

I don't know if this is related, but on Forza Horizon 3 on PC, when I played at either 21:9 or 16:10, I'd get a line of distorted pixels at the far right edge of the screen (which I feared was a sign of a damaged video card). It turned out to be a glitch with the game renderer. The workaround/solution was to have MSAA at either 8X or fully turned off, and everything would display normally. 2X-6X would show the distortion.

I actually found the info on an Nvidia message board. I thought I was going crazy. That issue is still present in the current build, AFAIK. Is this anything along those lines?

MaDKaT

I don't know if this is related, but on Forza Horizon 3 on PC, when I played at either 21:9 or 16:10, I'd get a line of distorted pixels at the far right edge of the screen (which I feared was a sign of a damaged video card). It turned out to be a glitch with the game renderer. The workaround/solution was to have MSAA at either 8X or fully turned off, and everything would display normally. 2X-6X would show the distortion.

I actually found the info on an Nvidia message board. I thought I was going crazy. That issue is still present in the current build, AFAIK. Is this anything along those lines?

huh, I am running 21:9 and 2x MSAA. I will test that out when I get home. Thanks.

danowat

Banned
You don't get it.

I could choose which assist bonus I could use, it wasn't based on a random drop, it was something I could pick.

They are now locked away behind a prize crate, you can't get an assist bonus without buying a prize crate.

They've taken the option away and funnelled it through a slot machine.

Gestault

You don't get it.

I could choose which assist bonus I could use, it wasn't based on a random drop, it was something I could pick.

To clarify, the percentage of bonus credits you get related to AI difficulty in FM7 is higher than the combined maximum difficulty+assist options in FM6, unless I'm totally mistaken here. They rolled the settings bonuses together into difficulty, and then you can add bonuses on top of that via mods.

danowat

Banned
To clarify, the amount of bonus credits you get related to AI difficulty in FM7 is higher than the combined maximum difficulty+assist options in FM6, unless I'm totally mistaken here.
You're missing the point, it's not about the reward, it's about moving something I used to have a choice about behind an RNG crate.

People say, don't like loot crates, don't buy them, well, that doesn't really fly when they move an option that used to be up to me behind such a system.

Gestault

To clarify, the percentage of bonus credits you get related to AI difficulty in FM7 is higher than the combined maximum difficulty+assist options in FM6, unless I'm totally mistaken here. They rolled the settings bonuses together into difficulty, and then you can add bonuses on top of that via mods.

You're missing the point, it's not about the reward, it's about moving something I used to have a choice about behind an RNG crate.

People say, don't like loot crates, don't buy them, well, that doesn't really fly when they move an option that used to be up to me behind such a system.

You have the option for the old bonus (and then some) via the ai difficulty. It's rewarding the challenge setting.

You're criticizing that you can't get the credit bonus without interacting with the prize boxes. I've pointed out in absolute terms that you don't need to do that. It's ok that you're annoyed by the randomized prize structure of some stuff in the game, but it's bleeding out into other criticisms to a point where it's irrational. The loot crate is a non-sequitur to the subject of your statment.

I watched the inside sim racing review in process and they spoke about the terrible ai, i'm glad peopel are talking more about how drone and on rails the ai is, ruins the experiance for me.

Moving different assists to the card system is bad, it's taking what was there for 6 motorsport games and shoving it into their loot box system, I don't care if using hard AI means I get the same if not a little more payout, they still took it away. Just like the Subaru 22B being a crate car now (I think that's right someone mentioned it the other day) along with some other cars.

Spasm

I watched the inside sim racing review in process and they spoke about the terrible ai, i'm glad peopel are talking more about how drone and on rails the ai is, ruins the experiance for me.
The AI are not other racers on the track. At this point, they're just moving obstacles.

Lesser AI simply go slower than harder AI. That's it. They don't brake too early, or blow an entrance to a turn, or under steer though a turn, or miss the apex... They make zero of the mistakes that a less capable driver should make.

Fox Mulder

I hope T10 expand to rallycross or something. They have buggies and classic rally cars, but they're shit on tracks.

I'm doing a rally heroes campaign series and it fucking sucks. Sure, why not throw a Stratos on the god awful Abu Dhabi track.

Common dude, make up your mind. If it's not about reward then why are you complaining? You have the option to turn on/off all the assists in the game in the assists section, no need for a box to do that.

If you care about the reward then change the difficulty as high as you want and get some mods and you will get the reward.

The new system is way better, now you have to learn to be fast to beat AI on higher difficulty levels, before you could play on lowest difficulty getting credits for assists.

You know that games and options in them change, what was once is no more.

Modpacks are dirt cheap you can get a pack for 20k and you can make over 100k per race. You spend some to get some more and more.

GHG

Gold Member
There was a credit multiplier for difficulty levels before as well...

And considering not everybody will be able to beat the Pro or Unbeatable AI's it doesn't really work as a replacement. Never mind the fact that the AI is just frustrating to race against on certain tracks.

Fox Mulder

Bought my first loot box, the highest at 300k. Got an Austria suit, some badge icon thing, a mod, and a Chevy Camaro that costs $130k.

Wow...I really feel like doing this more.

Gestault

As I said before, the combined difficulty bonus with the race setting bonus from Forza 6 seems to be less than the difficulty setting alone in Forza 7. Hence them being rolled-in together.

And considering not everybody will be able to beat the Pro or Unbeatable AI's it doesn't really work as a replacement. Never mind the fact that the AI is just frustrating to race against on certain tracks.

Yeah but not 20% per AI level and AI was much easier in previous games.

Forza was the only racing game that was giving rewards for assists, not a single other racing game that I know of is doing that. Like every other normal game, Forza now rewards players for the difficulty level.

Bought my first loot box, the highest at 300k. Got an Austria suit, some badge icon thing, a mod, and a Chevy Camaro that costs $130k.

Wow...I really feel like doing this more.

Yeah I spent all my credits on boxes as I can get free or super cheap cars as a Driver Level reward. I got plenty of super rare and Legendary cars and suits from the boxes.

GHG

Gold Member
As I said before, the combined difficulty bonus with the race setting bonus from Forza 6 seems to be less than the difficulty setting alone in Forza 7. Hence them being rolled-in together.

They are not being rolled together, the extra rewards for driving without assists still exist, you now have to gamble to get them. It would be nice to be able to get them without having to gamble on loot boxes.

Yeah but not 20% per AI level and AI was much easier in previous games.

Forza was the only racing game that was giving rewards for assists, not a single other racing game that I know of is doing that. Like every other normal game, Forza now rewards players for the difficulty level.

And now Forza is the only racing game I know of with friggen loot boxes. Congratulations I guess.

Forza now rewards players for buying loot boxes to get mods to get more loot boxes to get mods to get more loot boxes X infinity.

But hey, don't let me stop y'all from getting your hit every time you try your luck.

Gestault

They are not being rolled together, the extra rewards for driving without assists still exist, you now have to gamble to get them. It would be nice to be able to get them without having to gamble on loot boxes.

The cumulative bonus is higher. There are also assist challenge bonuses via mods on top of that.

Pvax

Neo Member

I wish people in this thread would get what you mean - but it seems they do not. To try and make it more clear

Note: These are Fake numbers as i'm at work, but to illustrate Gestault's point that people seem to be ignoring in their responses:

F6 - TCM off 10% + STM off 10% + Sim damage 10% +AI at pro 30 % = 60% total bonus
F7 - AI at Pro - 60% = 60% total Bonus [without mod packs!]

So - F7 offers what boils down to the same payout JUST picking difficulty setting. Then ... you can also pick and choose mods for extra bonuses. just like before...

sueil

Just bought VIP and didn't get any credits or cars...

I bought VIP an hour ago and the credit and cars didn't trigger until after I had been playing the game for a couple races then I got a message that I got them.

Also does the new VIP automatically apply the double credits? I still have these mod cards for 100% extra credits but they are limited use.

xrnzaaas

I hope T10 expand to rallycross or something. They have buggies and classic rally cars, but they're shit on tracks.

I'm doing a rally heroes campaign series and it fucking sucks. Sure, why not throw a Stratos on the god awful Abu Dhabi track.
An expansion maybe? Or is it thinking too big?

And now Forza is the only racing game I know of with friggen loot boxes. Congratulations I guess.

Forza now rewards players for buying loot boxes to get mods to get more loot boxes to get mods to get more loot boxes X infinity.

But hey, don't let me stop y'all from getting your hit every time you try your luck.

What luck? You have mod boxes that have mods only in them. Lootboxes aren't core of the game, it's kust fun addition for people like me who swim in credits and have nothing else to spend them on.

I wish people in this thread would get what you mean - but it seems they do not. To try and make it more clear

Note: These are Fake numbers as i'm at work, but to illustrate Gestault's point that people seem to be ignoring in their responses:

F6 - TCM off 10% + STM off 10% + Sim damage 10% +AI at pro 25 % = 55% total bonus
F7 - AI at Pro - 60% = 60% total Bonus [without mod packs!]

So - F7 offers a better payout JUST picking difficulty setting. Then ... you can also pick and choose mods for extra bonuses. just like before...
This is true. But then Mods need to be bought and cars are more expensive. However they tend to come with some parts so they meet homologation rules. To be honest it's not worth worrying about anymore. The fact is it was a change that wasn't required and has only been done to accommodate the loot box system. You may be slightly better off but people don't like gameplay systems being altered for the benefit of (maybe) getting more $ from them. It's like an assumption Turn 10 have made about their players and fans that yeah, thanks for buying the game any chance you'll give us more money? People don't like feeling like they're just a mark, that they're an open wallet, even if it turns out they're a bit better off in the game. The feeling is still there. However as of right now this isn't really an issue. Maybe when you are able to buy the boxes with cash will it be one. I personally don't mind. But i wonder if others will.

Top Bottom