• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Nick_C

I've been waiting for this game to load for over 20 minutes. Send help.

It seems like I have to load the game, play one race, exit the game, reopen the game, play next race, rinse repeat. Am I able to continue a race series if I quit out after the first?

xrnzaaas

God I hate long beach with this AI.

Do you get that multiplayer experience? ;)

knzCGiA.gif

I've only raced there once in Forza 7 during that Ken Block event. One thing I noticed while I was doing it is that cars can take a bigger punch this time with full sim damage.

Trup1aya

That's a pretty strange reason not to buy it lol. 1) The assist bonuses didn't really add much other than being fairly weak motivation to challenge yourself. 2) Driving around with a controller and manual+clutch for a couple more credits? Nah.

1) how is that a weak motivation to add challenge? More reward for success at higher difficulty is gaming 101

2) players would turn off the assists that were rewarding to them. And some people don't use a controller. And the bonus was substantial

3) if that wasn't your cup of tea, you could leave assists on

This PC port... 3 crashs in 5 minutes, once in menus, once in loading screen and once in the fucking title screen. Horizon 3 ran like trash at launch but at least that thing WORKS.

Trup1aya

I'm glad assists aren't tied to earnings now. For two reasons.

1, Many modern cars couldn't exist in the way they do without assists. To see assists as a cheat mode for them is wrong.

2, Why penalise young and disabled players who may need assists.

This doesnt make any sense

1) what modern car can't exist without Forza's: suggested line, assisted braking, assisted steering, automatic shifting, damage+fuel+wear and tear, etc? Any car that is not applicable to one of the assists simple shouldn't have it as tweakable setting.

2) why penalize anyone? The current system penalizes players who have previously enjoyed getting or value the concept of more rewards for getting good- including young and disabled players. Why are you patronizing them? Let's not pretend that the mere existence of bonuses for turning off assists was a common source of fan displeasure for the last decade

GHG

Gold Member
I'm glad assists aren't tied to earnings now. For two reasons.

1, Many modern cars couldn't exist in the way they do without assists. To see assists as a cheat mode for them is wrong.

2, Why penalise young and disabled players who may need assists.

You're right. Instead, let's penalise them by making them do long races with consumable mods from loot boxes that don't let them use assists in order to get credits at a healthy rate. While we're at it let's throw in harder difficulty as a credit multiplier as well.

Doikor

Do you get that multiplayer experience? ;)

knzCGiA.gif

I've only raced there once in Forza 7 during that Ken Block event. One thing I noticed while I was doing it is that cars can take a bigger punch this time with full sim damage.

Yeah you are quite free to shunt everyone out of your way even with full sim damage. Even with open wheel cars. I can push someone out of the way with a formula car using the front wing...

You're right. Instead, let's penalise them by making them do long races with consumable mods from loot boxes that don't let them use assists in order to get credits at a healthy rate. While we're at it let's throw in harder difficulty as a credit multiplier as well.

Ok lets. Or maybe you're you might be being sarcastic. ;)

GHG

Gold Member
Does anyone know if there's a way to see the tracks (with conditions) that make up a championship in career mode before you enter?

After the disciplined and competent AI of F1 2017, the AI in this game is embarrassingly bad for a flagship racer. Speed cheating and rubberbanding is still in the game with almost zero improvement for the last couple entries.

GHG

Gold Member
After the disciplined and competent AI of F1 2017, the AI in this game is embarrassingly bad for a flagship racer. Speed cheating and rubberbanding is still in the game with almost zero improvement for the last couple entries.

Yeh it's laughable. I'm going to upload some clips I've taken while playing today later. I don't even get mad anymore, I now tend to pause the game and laugh.

Caayn

God I hate long beach with this AI.
The start of Brand Hatch with R class cars is amazing. AI cars speed up, quickly brake before the corner and allow each other to go through the corner one-by-one as if two lanes were merging on a high way.

xrnzaaas

Folks keep saying this, yet I've still not seen any evidence of it.

AI cars tend to slow down if you're not that far behind on the final laps. I don't think it works the other way around and they don't suddenly speed up. It's really subtle, but I don't think it's only my mind playing tricks with me. ;)

Playing with pro difficulty for drivetar on long races i can leave them a lot, maybe the rubberbanding is coming when you dont take a corners properly and they catch up with you!!!
But that is rubberbandimg than.
I havent seen it my self also.

The AI when it actually behave like it should, is extremely easy, this is very evident in the NASCAR championship. On the oval tracks where AI's cheating corner physics don't do them any favor, it is extremely easy to blast through everything with a good tune, sometimes lapping the AI if you are running long distances like me.

However on the normal tracks the AI almost 100% cheats by having significantly faster straight line speed than you despite being in the same PI, same car even, and the other slower cars which you beat handily in speed, will always stay close to you.

Also just like previous games, the AI will slow down considerably in the last section of the race for you to catch up, it is just funny and not good design lmao.

danowat

Banned
It's easy to test.

Do a race and try, note the AI's time, do the exact same race and drive slower, and see if the AI times are any slower.

Nick_C

Does anyone know what happens to the current VIP mods? Will they be completely removed from the game once the permanent VIP bonus is added? Is it best to save them for when that drops and get a theoretical +300% Cr bonus?

Stevey

A letter to the Forza community from Alan Hartman, Head of Turn 10 Studios:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Launch_Update

Thank you for all your feedback to date, please keep it coming. We'll continue to keep you all apprised of all the future updates we plan to make to the game.

Note - The original article if you read it said one of the gift cars was the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition, this was an error and it's actually the 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition. The article has since been correct.

Further Edit - We've now sent all VIPs the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition as well :)

Nice, thanks for the update.

xrnzaaas

Does anyone know what happens to the current VIP mods? Will they be completely removed from the game once the permanent VIP bonus is added? Is it best to save them for when that drops and get a theoretical +300% Cr bonus?

No one knows. If VIP bonus will take a mod slot then you won't be able to stack them, if it becomes an automatic post race reward the bonuses could be stacked.

Had my first crashes to desktop last night, first was 20 laps in after around 40 minutes racing and the 2nd 10 laps in.
I'm hoping the patch has sorted it now.

You must mean *after* they retooled the economy and the way car DLC functioned in Forza 5 and onwards. Because before then they were selling individual cars for over $100 in tokens, and then selling credits to use to unlock the car in-game after you bought it already.

They listened then, and its good to know they've still got their ears to the ground.

No. The retooled economy ruined forza 5 progression for me. It was very simple to NOT buy tokens. Instead I played the game, earned credits, and bought cars with in game currency, I had the "$100" car in the second week of playing and it cost me $0. After the retooled economy so many credits were thrown around it was pointless. They could have made all cars free and it would have been a comparable gameplay experience for me. Same with forza 6.

How about those who ramp up the difficulty and/or race length get rewarded more credits for doing so. It would be terrible if the payouts were the same for a 50 lap race and a two lap race, no?

Nick_C

No one knows. If VIP bonus will take a mod slot then you won't be able to stack them, if it becomes an automatic post race reward the bonuses could be stacked.

That doesn't make sense. The way they are set up leads me to believe that I can use up to three of the current VIP mods right now for a +300% Cr bonus. I've held off on using any in the time that I've been able to play, as I'd rather not "waste" them by only tripling a 42,000 Cr payout.

---

As an update to my PC woes, if I have it set to very low (game still looks great, by the way), lock it at 60 FPS, set resolution to 1080p, unpark my CPU cores, make all 8 cores available (the tip to disable 0 in affinity settings made performance worse) and, oddly enough, move my mouse cursor to the far right of the screen (this could be a placebo) when the game starts seems to have worked.

I'm only getting slight hitching during loads, and extremely minimal stutters during races. By slight I mean one during the Historic Road Racing series on the Daytona track.

One other thing to note, I received a prompt when the game launched asking me if I'd like to continue in offline mode. I chose yes. I'm not sure if that's the reason why I seem to have way better performance, part of it or none of it.

xrnzaaas

That doesn't make sense. The way they are set up leads me to believe that I can use up to three of the current VIP mods right now for a +300% Cr bonus. I've held off on using any in the time that I've been able to play, as I'd rather not "waste" them by only tripling a 42,000 Cr payout.

Are you sure you can stack up mods in Forza 7? I was under the impression it's not possible. Or maybe that applies to the VIP mods?

Yep, I stacked 3 100% bonuses immediately. You can combine any mods whatsoever that don't conflict, so as long as you aren't trying to force bonnet cam and cockpit cam for example it'll work fine.

Okay, my bad, I must've based it on an incorrect info, haven't had an opportunity to check for myself. :)

Are you sure you can stack up mods in Forza 7? I was under the impression it's not possible. Or maybe that applies to the VIP mods?
Yep, I stacked 3 100% bonuses immediately. You can combine any mods whatsoever that don't conflict, so as long as you aren't trying to force bonnet cam and cockpit cam for example it'll work fine.

Nick_C

Is there any way to unequip a mod? I'd rather not use my VIP mod now, but I can't find any way to remove them outside of the quick equip option which only removes two. The only other thing I can think to do is buy a loot box to equip a random mod to replace my VIP.

CaLe

The constant crashes to desktop on PC is just ridiculous. What the fuck were they thinking in releasing this ? I've never played a game in recent memory that crashed as often.

Is there any way to unequip a mod? I'd rather not use my VIP mod now, but I can't find any way to remove them outside of the quick equip option which only removes two. The only other thing I can think to do is buy a loot box to equip a random mod to replace my VIP.

In the prerace menu (at the track) select mods. That will bring you up to the selection screen where you can select a specific mod to replace the VIP one or remove the VIP mod.

This PC port... 3 crashs in 5 minutes, once in menus, once in loading screen and once in the fucking title screen. Horizon 3 ran like trash at launch but at least that thing WORKS.

Yeah it’s been pretty horrid for me as well. I get mad stuttering and it will also crash randomly. Sometimes when browsing wheels or parts, sometimes when I finish a race and it’s loading podium. It’s fucking annoying... at first I thought it was cuz I was playing in 4K so I dialed it down to 1080p and the bs continues haha 🤦🏾*♂️

Nick_C

In the prerace menu (at the track) select mods. That will bring you up to the selection screen where you can select a specific mod to replace the VIP one or remove the VIP mod.

So there's no way to outright unequip mods, just replace them.

Yeah it's been pretty horrid for me as well. I get mad stuttering and it will also crash randomly. Sometimes when browsing wheels or parts, sometimes when I finish a race and it's loading podium. It's fucking annoying... at first I thought it was cuz I was playing in 4K so I dialed it down to 1080p and the bs continues haha ����*♂️

I have had zero crashes over the last two days of trying to get this thing to run in an acceptable way. Everything else that you've described is representative of my experience. Go up to my previous post and see if anything that I did can help you in any way. It's been running fine for me for the last hour or so.

GHG

Gold Member
How about those who ramp up the difficulty and/or race length get rewarded more credits for doing so. It would be terrible if the payouts were the same for a 50 lap race and a two lap race, no?

I was being sarcastic.

The increased amounts of credits for the number of laps and difficulty level have always been there.

kafiend

So there's no way to outright unequip mods, just replace them.

Yes there is, I had the same issue as you I think. Mouse select does not have a remove function. Use the cursor keys to select the mod and there is an option. Same if you use your wheel d pad if you have one.

It really pissed me off.

In most menus from the garage, you click the right stick to pull it up. I haven't had time to try it trackside, but that's a cool feature I've seen shots from as well.

Pushing the right stick does nothing for me...

EDIT: Pushing X explodes before looking at car, but nothing actually viewing it. How do I get in the car????

Gestault

In most menus from the garage, you click the right stick to pull it up. I haven't had time to try it trackside, but that's a cool feature I've seen shots from as well.

Pushing the right stick does nothing for me...

EDIT: Pushing X explodes before looking at car, but nothing actually viewing it. How do I get in the car????

...are you already in Forzavista mode or not? "Explode" is the word they've used before to open all compartments on the car at once. If you're already in Forzavista and are moving around the car, you move around so you're facing the door-handle/hood/whatever (and the corresponding little white icon) and either press a button or hold forward to open and then get in.

Nick_C

Yes there is, I had the same issue as you I think. Mouse select does not have a remove function. Use the cursor keys to select the mod and there is an option. Same if you use your wheel d pad if you have one.

It really pissed me off.

I'll check it out after I finish this race. Thanks.

Top Bottom