• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

xrnzaaas

You can just quit the race before it's over and restart it. You won't consume mods that way (contrary to what the message from the game might suggest).

Gek54

Yeah, i'll never change to another view now, it's perfect.

Eh, it really needs the option to adjust the FOV and Camera position height and closer to the windscreen. I have a hard time seeing out of this cross eyed Porsche.

mFPL0bP.jpg

Gek54

I do actually like that head position up that high if it wasn't for the windscreen decal. Most other cars I feel too short.

xrnzaaas

Damn. I wasn't restarting precisely because of that message lol

That message concerns losing progress from certain mods like 'make x good passes' so if you restart you have to overtake other cars all over again. It's just poorly worded and I only found out from gaf. :D Just make sure to restart before the race is finished. Afaik the mods are consumed when the race results are posted (even if you decide to restart the race at that point instead of advancing to the next one in the championship).

Spasm

Eh, it really needs the option to adjust the FOV and Camera position height and closer to the windscreen. I have a hard time seeing out of this cross eyed Porsche.

mFPL0bP.jpg
Also, in most cars, you lose the rearview/side mirrors. I'd like an option to make them HUD elements in this case.

MaDKaT

Also, in most cars, you lose the rearview/side mirrors. I'd like an option to make them HUD elements in this case.

Wow that view looks claustrophobic in 16:9. I haven't tried that car but in 21:9 you seem to get a bit more of both mirrors. At least on some cars.

skyfinch

The raindrops on the windshield looks different from demo to final game. The demo has those streaks that we similar to from fm6. The final game doesn't have them.

KdotIX

What's it doing that's so special?

Having played the demo, one big thing its doing is the inclusion of Sport mode (online matchmaking) complete with a driver rating system. This is a big aspect of the game and is quite addictive. Theres a Driver Rating (determines your speed) and a Safety Rating (determines how much of a goody two-shoes you are).
Both rank from E (lowest) to S (highest). Depending on how low or high you are basically determines the type of players you're matched with.
This alone has made the online racing in GT quite sensible as most people playing in Sport mode are conscious of their overall driver rating at the end of a race - they don't want to have a rank of E-E and be lumped with matches akin to Destruction Derby. Quite frankly, its something that Forza could do with for it's online portions of the game.

Fox Mulder

Having played the demo, one big thing its doing is the inclusion of Sport mode (online matchmaking) complete with a driver rating system. This is a big aspect of the game and is quite addictive. Theres a Driver Rating (determines your speed) and a Safety Rating (determines how much of a goody two-shoes you are).
Both rank from E (lowest) to S (highest). Depending on how low or high you are basically determines the type of players you're matched with.
This alone has made the online racing in GT quite sensible as most people playing in Sport mode are conscious of their overall driver rating at the end of a race - they don't want to have a rank of E-E and be lumped with matches akin to Destruction Derby. Quite frankly, its something that Forza could do with for it's online portions of the game.

GT will sell much more than Forza and have a larger audience than in the beta to pull in idiots. I have doubts about humanity and how GTS will work as described, but time will tell.

Momentary

Banned
This game cracks me up. It's like they give e-brakes to every car in this game. It really cracked me up when I was able to use the e-brake on a Jaguar F-Type to slide around a corner.

This isn't the place for that discussion.

Anyway, this career mode is a damn slog. WHY IS EVERYTHING A CHAMPIONSHIP!? I don't want to spend 40 minutes in the same car against the same opponents for each event.

It's only the same car if you only have one car in that division. I switch cars for almost every race.

I often switch cars a lot during a championship.

Yup, same. I don't even like to use the FE cars too much, even with the bonuses. For most championships, I usually have like 3 cars. One with extra HP, one that is lighter and an AWD one; that usually is enough to have a good, fun car for every track/condition that comes up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just did 23 laps of spa for about an hour and you’re only going to give me 300 points for it? Bloody skinflint. Lapped half the field too - put it on average because I didn’t want to risk a disaster after 20 laps. Was a little too conservative

Felt great though. Expected to hate the corvette but it was lovely to drive, and getting in lots of laps really helps get familiar with a track

Edit: levelled me up three levels though

MANGOD

Banned
First endurance race at Spa, lap 9 winning nicely. Great time for game to crash. FFS. Gonna save this for the X in a few weeks cant be doing with this nonsense

*snip*
Jesus. Do they have an excuse not to offer it on PC? Or to make it narrower on console? It's not "performance" since narrower would make the game perform equal or better, if I'm not mistaken. And narrower and lower(much lower) is what that screenshot would need.

Couldn't do two endurance races in a row because the performance just tanked after the first one. No disappearing track but garbage stuttering all over the place, RAM usage grew too.

frontieruk

I just did 23 laps of spa for about an hour and you’re only going to give me 300 points for it? Bloody skinflint. Lapped half the field too - put it on average because I didn’t want to risk a disaster after 20 laps. Was a little too conservative

Felt great though. Expected to hate the corvette but it was lovely to drive, and getting in lots of laps really helps get familiar with a track

Edit: levelled me up three levels though

First endurance race at Spa, lap 9 winning nicely. Great time for game to crash. FFS. Gonna save this for the X in a few weeks cant be doing with this nonsense

Pfft I did the 69 lap funathon...

ghibli99

After hesitating, I went ahead and bought the standard edition. Just playing on XB1S right now, and thanks to my fellow GAFer for hooking me up with VIP. I'm afraid to use these cards since they're consumables, but I guess I'll just have to get used to that eventually.

Enjoying it so far, but I can't stand all the stutters in the UI. Guess it's loading stuff in the background? It makes things look pretty rough. Game, however, is ace. Feels great, love all the vibration, the sound is insane, wheel-less cockpit mode is generally what I go with, but I also like hood cam for the SOUND, which just plasters a huge grin on my face.

Maple Valley with all the sun rays coming through the trees was gorgeous. Dynamic weather and time of day are really nice. Makes a huge difference in both look and feel.

Progression feels good too. Seems like I'm always collecting something or leveling up, which is a hallmark of this series.

Indy cars are so fun online, ghost hatches too. Endurance one had potential but too many assholes unfortunately.

Multi-Division is garbage.

EDIT: Multiplayer is also crashing constantly during intermission.

Hawk269

Does anyone play this game with a 7.1 audio system and have weird audio issues while playing on-line? The issue I have is very random, but it only happens on-line. When racing, at times the volume level dips for a bit, at times when other cars around and other times when I am the only one on the track. Game would be sounding great and at my set volume and out of the blue it drops like someone dropped the volume level and then it would randomly go back up. It is annoying and only happens on-line. I have not tried switching to 5.1 to test, but it is annoying bug that really makes me not want to play on-line until they fix it.

Justinh

I was doing my first endurance race a few days ago. I slipped up on a turn with two laps to go (57 minutes in), not too badly, but just enough for the next guy to catch up and the drivatar rammed my car causing my to spin out. I still haven't had the heart to really go back lol.

Totally turning rewind feature back on the next time I play an endurance race.

When you actually find people that want to race this game is pretty amazing. Had a few endurance races in a row with people that respected the rules, ended up far away from winning but they were the best that I've played so far. The tension of knowing that any touch could be lethal, respecting others (giving passage if you're a lap behind, etc), not trying to pass where you know you can't, I missed that.

Shame 90% of the races are garbage though.

Noobcraft

When you actually find people that want to race this game is pretty amazing. Had a few endurance races in a row with people that respected the rules, ended up far away from winning but they were the best that I've played so far. The tension of knowing that any touch could be lethal, respecting others (giving passage if you're a lap behind, etc), not trying to pass where you know you can't, I missed that.

Shame 90% of the races are garbage though.
I've had pretty positive experiences with endurance races online in previous FM games. In FM5 there was a 2.4 hours of the nurburgring event I did online that went well. The other racers either raced cleanly, or quit out after a lap or two because they couldn't handle the ring.

Top Bottom