• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

IN motion even more impressive

kkCXUEd.jpg

FY7lNw8.jpg

WM5gp8q.jpg

u8JkybR.jpg

xgDJfPP.jpg

bzYlj6B.jpg

Snubbers

Josef Newgarden with a 1:43.807 now. Well beyond me, but hes still got a better time in real life.

Like 100 people are getting the second car if he doesn't improve. Lol.

Bah, I dropped to 1.44:1xx last night, but might just cave in and use TCS to get that lower.. my main issue is simply getting traction on corner exit..

I will say that he's doing a damn good job to get that low, must be easily top 100 or top 50..

Btw, just tried my method to crash the game with rewind and apparently the problem wasn't exactly solved but pushed further away. Before, my PC RAM would spike after each use and it would eventually consume everything I had within a couple of rewinds/laps using this method.

Now the game isn't crashing so far but the RAM usage is still climbing, lap per lap. I can see it still happening on a longer race, like that Spa endurance with 69 laps or the Nurburgring ones. I'm not willing to test that now though, would be hours wasted if the numbers grow the way they are doing now. Might do it tomorrow.

tl;dr - they managed to postpone the crash and my RAM usage is now lower, but it still climbs lap per lap so crashing during an endurance is not out of the picture.

sp3ctr3

Maybe I'm imagening things but I feel like I have shorter brake distance if I keep the brake force just short of when the ABS kicks in. If I just fully press the brake and brake with full ABS I feel like I don't brake as good?

true or all in my head?

Maybe I'm imagening things but I feel like I have shorter brake distance if I keep the brake force just short of when the ABS kicks in. If I just fully press the brake and brake with full ABS I feel like I don't brake as good?

true or all in my head?

i have this too. definately if my range is to the controller on the paddle its worse than half way pushed if that makes sense.

Isn't that how ABS brakes are supposed to work?

The anti-lock element is mostly there to give drivers some directional control and help in an emergency. They aren't there to necessarily engage in normal driving conditions.

If you're managing through good technique to give maximum braking without locking the wheels you're already doing the job of the ABS.

Manual good braking will beat ABS in most situations, but it's hard to master in super fast cars.

I always turn it off for the challenge but sometimes keep traction control on in games.

Holy crap that Ultima 1020 race in the wet at Sebring in the Seeker series.
First time so far I've had to put the TCS on. This car is absolutely insane!

Skyr

true or all in my head?

Eh ye thats what ABS is.
It prevents your brakes from locking, so you don't loose control over the vehicle.
It does not necessarily optimize your braking distance.

sp3ctr3

ok, nice to know that I'm not imagining things. It's because I saw a video on controller settings and he said that brake trigger deadzone didn't matter when using ABS. Sounded like he meant that using ABS was as good as braking manualle.

I like to have ABS on, so I can feel in the trigger when I'm right at the edge of the ABS kicking in.

I'm surprised though at how little I have to push the trigger before the ABS starts to kick in. Feels like less than half way.

xrnzaaas

Is there a known bug where thumbnail previews for cars don't show paint/liveries?

I think it's there to make scrolling through the cars faster. It's quite slow to browse owned vehicle as it is (compared to visiting the dealership), because the game needs to apply livery and other visual changes.

I think it's there to make scrolling through the cars faster. It's quite slow to browse owned vehicle as it is (compared to visiting the dealership), because the game needs to apply livery and other visual changes.
Just find it weird as liveries have applied on one or two of my cars, and on the other hand simple things like paint colour (and nothing more) haven't applied.

Anyone else feel like Gsync doesn't work perfectly in this game? I'm getting over 100fps, but it doesn't feel as smooth as I'm used to with other games with Gsync.

Gestault

true or all in my head?

i have this too. definately if my range is to the controller on the paddle its worse than half way pushed if that makes sense.

That's exactly how it works. Braking distance ends up being longer with ABS enabled, which is why generally, drivers handle it manually. If your brakes have locked, you're generally exceeding wheel grip for stopping anyway.

Fox Mulder

It's going to be hilarious when this car appears in a forzathon a few months from now. ;)

(yes I'm too weak to even try to get close to that record ;))

They'll probably do it eventually. 100 people are good enough to get the car in this event.

I like how Newgarden is wrecking people though. They've had other people do this that just set a time and left like it was a lazy PR event.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
They'll probably do it eventually. 100 people are good enough to get the car in this event.

I like how Newgarden is wrecking people though. They've had other people do this that just set a time and left like it was a lazy PR event.

I think Grosjean set a couple times and that was about it.

Newgarden seems like he genuinely likes it haha.

KdotIX

At this moment, is this game worth picking up for a wheel user on PC? All I care about is workable FFB and no hitching like FH3.

I don't think it there yet in terms off workable FFB from what I've been reading. There are people actively liaising with the devs to sort it all out on FM.net forums though, so maybe theres a chance in the future that it will be much better.

It's more than workable, the game is perfectly drivable with a wheel. It doesn't deliver the kind of experience you'd associate with a straight sim - More a seat of the pants feel with understeer effects and so on:/

It's good to middling for the most part, the default settings are really bad though.

Open wheelers are really fun to drive, though the older ones and Formula E slide way too much tbh. Not talking about wheelspin, more like how on the high speed corners the tail just goes, without a single hint of wheelspin. I could understand that from the first ones, but the same thing happening with the Formula E is just bizarre. I'm even running with the telemetry on to see if I can understand what's going on.

The modern McLaren, the Ferrari, the Renault and the Lotus are much better.

sam777

I just got the Nissan GT-R Black Forza Edition in my VIP box, which I am happy about but I want to know does everyone with the VIP pass get the same cars in their boxes?

Is there any racing game where the wet track changes when there's traffic? Because I'm not seeing that here and it bums me out, I wish that pathways formed after cars kept going the same route, making an outside pass harder since it would be slippery, etc.

Is there any racing game where the wet track changes when there's traffic? Because I'm not seeing that here and it bums me out, I wish that pathways formed after cars kept going the same route, making an outside pass harder since it would be slippery, etc.

AFAIK pCARS 2 does that. One of the selling points of their Livetrack system was the drying line feature. I'm not sure it's a case of the "common" driving line simply drying out first, or if it's actually done dynamically by cars, though.

He actually is trash at his job, going by the very lame replay cams in Forza (all of them, sadly).

I think we need to petition Turn 10 to fire this guy and bring in someone who can properly film the race. Perhaps this has been the problem with replays all along. Someone needs to check if it was the same person in prior Forza games.

xrnzaaas

Man it's pretty annoying when not all AI cars pit during longer races. I had that yesterday and it was the reason why I've lost a 20 minute+ race.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd like a Dash view but with the wheel still there. You get more view of the road but I find the lack of wheel feels weird (I’m not using a wheel). So I end up using the cockpit view

Been playing all day and I just can't get that excited about it.

You'd think skipping 2 sequels would make this game feel like a quantum leap. It's anything but. Are there any new cars here that weren't in Horizon 3? Looking through the car list I see nothing I want to work towards. Saving the Ferrari 812 and Alfa Giulia for dlc? When the latest Porsche fucking 911 is the most interesting new car in your game, we have a problem. That's a 6 year old car. Yikes!

The physics don't seem to have progressed at all. I never really liked how this series felt in the corners, and the same issues I had then are still present. Traction control being an on/off switch sucks. I want SOME traction control, but I don't want it to bring my car to a standstill when I'm pressing the accelerate button. The AI does the same annoying shit they did in FM4. Overtake you with impossible acceleration only to cockblock you in the corners, never making any effort to avoid collisions etc.

See, they introduce cool stuff like drivatars, the auction house, forzavista, top gear collaboration etc. but then when the next game comes around they just copy and paste the feature and leave it as is, or worse. It's "Forza's Greatest Hits: 2011-2017". Turn 10 blew their load way too soon and there's nothing left in the tank. Still having fun with it, so whatever. It'll keep me busy until GT Sport breathes life back into the genre.

Fox Mulder

Man it's pretty annoying when not all AI cars pit during longer races. I had that yesterday and it was the reason why I've lost a 20 minute+ race.

AI cars could last like 20 laps longer than me in the spa 100 extra long race. Haven't had them just not pit before though, but I've recently turned off pitting since they're bullshit.

I'll just run fresh tires the whole race and set leaderboard times.

xrnzaaas

You'd think skipping 2 sequels would make this game feel like a quantum leap. It's anything but. Are there any new cars here that weren't in Horizon 3? Looking through the car list I see nothing I want to work towards. Saving the Ferrari 812 and Alfa Giulia for dlc? When the latest Porsche fucking 911 is the most interesting new

Yeah there are a lot of (quite important) 2016-17 models missing from the game - McLaren 720S, Bugatti Chiron, Ferrari GTC4 Lusso / 812 Superfast / Portofino / LaFerrari Aperta, BMW M5 G30, Lexus LC, Renault Megane RS, 2017 Bentley Continental, Alfa Romeo Giulia / Stelvio, Honda Civic X Type-R, Range Rover Velar, VW Arteon, Renault Alpine A110, Pagani Huayra Roadster, 2017 Ford Mustang, Infiniti Q60, Abarth 124 Spider, Mazda MX-5 RF, Seat Leon Cupra, TVR Griffith...

Some of them will probably debut in the car packs, but I wish they prepared more brand new cars for the main release, not copy 95% of them from previous titles.

AI cars could last like 20 laps longer than me in the spa 100 extra long race. Haven't had them just not pit before though, but I've recently turned off pitting since they're bullshit.

I'll just run fresh tires the whole race and set leaderboard times.

I did that one last night and on the 23rd of 24 laps, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th placed cars all pitted at the same time. Struck me as bad race management.

Top Bottom