• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

xrnzaaas

It's not toooooo much of a chore to log in once a week to pick them up providing you've got the dough. If for some reason you cannot make it I can see the problem. How many cars are locked behind that feature?

Around 150 cars in the game have an exclusive status which means you can get them only from loot crates, specialty dealer, forzathons or by finishing career mode showcases & cups.

There's also the auction house but it's pretty much certain they'll be expensive. ;)

Tbh I like that idea somewhat. I like unlocking cars and the little showcase events (only done one so far) it's that gameyness that's been lacking for a while, I've said it before, as a sandbox Forza is fine but it needed a game to cement all the elements together. Whatever hodgepodge of ideas GT5 turned out to be it had little things in there that were challenging but there's a replay factor to them Forza didn't have. I welcome any of that...providing they are not one-off time limited events for unique/requested cars.

I really dig this Forza, it's become my favourite almost instantly.

Good god, I just realised how much I take the rumble triggers on the Xbox One controller for granted. I don't have my One controller with me at the moment so I put my 360 pad in to play, and it feels totally numb, like I can't tell what the wheels are doing as easily. The feedback from the triggers is insane.

Space_nut

Good god, I just realised how much I take the rumble triggers on the Xbox One controller for granted. I don't have my One controller with me at the moment so I put my 360 pad in to play, and it feels totally numb, like I can't tell what the wheels are doing as easily. The feedback from the triggers is insane.

Rumble triggers are a blessing this gen

Gestault

Around 150 cars in the game have an exclusive status which means you can get them only from loot crates, specialty dealer, forzathons or by finishing career mode showcases & cups.

There's also the auction house but it's pretty much certain they'll be expensive. ;)

So the lion's share of the cars you're talking about are unlocked through showcases and career content (as far as I know). These are already a fraction of the overall car content. I feel like being frustrated that unlocking cars for your garage (that you can already use in free-play and online races without needing to own) by playing single-player content is a bizarre thing to be bothered about. The dealership is already one workaround, and Forzathon cars are given out free in general, often with a credit/XP reward to boot.

I'm among those who vastly prefer the staggered content of the new career structure, and I know that's anything but a universal reaction, but I feel like some of the side-reactions to "locked" cars is totally out of line with the basis of playing videogames.

Snubbers

So the lion's share of the cars you're talking about are unlocked through showcases and career content (as far as I know). These are already a fraction of the overall car content. I feel like being frustrated that unlocking cars for your garage (that you can already use in free-play and online races without needing to own) by playing single-player content is a bizarre thing to be bothered about. The dealership is already one workaround, and Forzathon cars are given out free in general, often with a credit/XP reward to boot.

I'm among those who vastly prefer the staggered content of the new career structure, and I know that's anything but a universal reaction, but I feel like some of the side-reactions to "locked" cars is totally out of line with the basis of playing videogames.

I think the balance is pretty good, I've got so many cars just by doing a few career races, and doing rivals last night alone for an hour unlocked 6 cars from rewards for levelling up.

xrnzaaas

Not the lion's share. You get 1 car per 1 cup and afaik there are 30 showcases. That leaves us with about 120 cars left. And that 120 you don't unlock by simply playing the singleplayer content but waiting for a (time limited or luck based) opportunity to get them. I don't have a huge problem with that (I own most of them in Forza 6 or Horizon 3 anyway), but I feel like the exclusive cars should be exclusives, like the brand new models coming to the series or FE cars. Meanwhile you can't simply buy cars like a Honda Civic or a Punto Abarth (lol) in the game. :)

There's also another side of this - you shouldn't get some expensive and really useful cars so easily in this game. The Porsche 918 is probably a perfect example here. It's one of the best cars in the game and you can have it for doing one very short and very simple overtaking showcase.

Nick_C

Man, there's nothing worse than losing over a half an hour of your time when the game crashes during lap 23/30. As I've gotten older, I've strted to realize that my time is the most valuable thing that I have. Losing 30+ minutes only to have to go back and spend another 30+ minutes to get to where I was before is incredibly disheartening. To the point where I barely even want to continue playing this game.

To put things into perspective, I've straight up told employers to stop paying me so I can leave because the money they offered me wasn't enough to make up for the time lost. Sure, they could pay me the $30 or so to stand around and do nothing for an hour, or they can save the money and let me do something that I find more valuable with my time.

Gek54

Does turning off the camera effects thing in the menus do nothing for you?

Turning it off does reduce the shake glitch but it's still very apparent and erratic. Makes it feel like a wheel is about fall off. No other track has this problem. I'm thinking it has something to do with dynamic resolution, the game definitey shifts rapidly between sharp and blurry when it happens and when I come to a stop it will sometimes stay at the lower res. Happens on PC as well unless I set dynamic rendering to very low and reup the back to 1080. I haven't dug into the other sliders yet to see what specifically might be causing it. I really hope this gets ironed out on the OneX, if not, no point in upgrading.

The big problem is imho that the game is not telling you what you actually have to do to unlock the car, since it's just throwing all those 5 things at you leaving the impression that all of these ways might work.

Just like the 2016 Camaro SS, which is excklusively obtainable through the limited rival challenge and in no other way. But when you look at the car it just says lootboxes, special dealer, etc.

Luckydog

I happened to win a spare Hoonigan Car pack in Forza's contest. Hopefully someone can enjoy it, here you go!

FKQ2G-VGT23-X43J4-2FT26-C6G4Z

G Rom

e05cbac8-6de0-40cb-8wxun8.jpeg

4e774b80-004a-45fd-8shu9p.jpeg

G Rom

Lighting is so much improved, it’s not even funny! However, I do hope they add the ability to choose the time of day down the road as it would make taking photos in a specific atmosphere much easier.

371d8996-aa85-45b9-9ejxfu.jpeg

6c343ea7-498b-42dd-a17yxz.jpeg

Gestault

I'm sort of throwing feelers out there: Has anyone who had the issue with track geometry disappearing before had it solved via the newest update? It specifically mentions it, but my problem wasn't triggered by rewind, so I didn't know if there was a different problem scenario or not.

I had it come up so persistently on one track that I refunded the game until it was addressed. I uhh...I want to play it more, lol

I'm sort of throwing feelers out there: Has anyone who had the issue with track geometry disappearing before had it solved via the newest update? It specifically mentions it, but my problem wasn't triggered by rewind, so I didn't know if there was a different problem scenario or not.

I had it come up so persistently on one track that I refunded the game until it was addressed. I uhh...I want to play it more, lol

I used to have it a lot (from rewinds though), haven't seen it since the patch. The issue I have where every now and then going into interior view causes a crash still isn't solved which is kinda annoying.

I searched online and came out empty. Is there any news on when Forzathon will start for Forza 7? I never cared much about it in FH3 but that's because I had my go-to cars. Here I think I'd love a chance to explore more.

G Rom

Was there any particular stand-out shots from Forza 2 (lol) to 4 that we could have a side by side to see how far it's come?

I wanted to do that but unfortunately the FM2 shot I had taken inspiration from back in the FM4 days is down in my original post (6 years ago!..). I haven’t been able to find it again (searches keep coming up with Horizon 2 shots). Anyway it’s the closed thing (Turbo S isn’t in FM7) I could do between FM4 and FM7:

ad55ab79-ae54-41a8-8xlsf0.jpeg

ac018486-6305-4643-ai7s20.jpeg

no, it just started for me after the patch. it now happens once the race is done and it shifts to cockpit view. The road disappears.

ive never had it happen during a race

Right now I would wait, I'm seeing multiple reports of people getting more crashes now than before. I won't even bother updating to be honest, gonna wait until next patch.

T Ghost

I am not able to login and check, did yesterday’s patch change the VIP double credit mod card from consumable to permanent, as promised a week ago?

I'm familiar with the specialty dealer, career unlocks and forzathons, but is there a confirmation that some cars are locked behind loot crates? If so then which cars? I heard that there were NOT cars only available from crates...

ghibli99

Damn! Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought I was in the GTS thread. LOL I cancelled my preorder due to all the lootbox, etc. noisy bullshit right before launch, but I'm starting to warm back up.

If I get the standard edition, will I feel like I'm missing out on anything? I've been a huge fan of this series since 3 won me over.

Damn! Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought I was in the GTS thread. LOL I cancelled my preorder due to all the lootbox, etc. noisy bullshit right before launch, but I'm starting to warm back up.

If I get the standard edition, will I feel like I'm missing out on anything? I've been a huge fan of this series since 3 won me over.

Get the standard edition and I’ll give you a VIP membership.

Forza is a great looking game too. Don’t be fooled.

That screenshot is the first time I've ever been really impressed by the lighting of this game.

Never saw anything similar during my dozens of hours so far.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The game is instantly going back to the dashboard on xbox one...

Same thing happened last week.

That happened to me yesterday again.

I completely powered down the xbox, removed the power cord from the back , then plugged it back in and that seemed to do the trick.

low-G

Yeah the limits on cars in races needed for progress, the high prices of cars along with low payouts, and so many cars locked away is eating away at my enjoyment of the game now.

I think I've already played it more than Forza 6, but that was a different situation. Played way more F2, 3, 5... I guess Forza is basically dead to me after this...

Fox Mulder

Some LMP shots.
37384341520_d863cb3932_o.png

37596820066_ae75e52e46_o.png

Sucks there's no Toyota to go with them. RIP lmp1 class.

:(

Yeah the limits on cars in races needed for progress, the high prices of cars along with low payouts, and so many cars locked away is eating away at my enjoyment of the game now.

I think I've already played it more than Forza 6, but that was a different situation. Played way more F2, 3, 5... I guess Forza is basically dead to me after this...

The payout is less, but I just did an hour race with good mod cards and got like 500k. I'm constantly over a million credits, I even just bought the 2017 f1 car.

The game also throws great cars at you for free with each level up and easy showcase events. I was at 100 cars after 20 hours of play.

Fox Mulder

Josef Newgarden with a 1:43.807 now. Well beyond me, but hes still got a better time in real life.

Like 100 people are getting the second car if he doesn't improve. Lol.

xrnzaaas

I'm familiar with the specialty dealer, career unlocks and forzathons, but is there a confirmation that some cars are locked behind loot crates? If so then which cars? I heard that there were NOT cars only available from crates...

We won't know that until the game has run its course and all cars unobtainable from the dealership have appeared elsewhere. I personally don't think they'll block any car exclusively behind loot crates but who knows, they may introduce some super special loot crates after tokens make their first appearance. ;)

Josef Newgarden with a 1:43.807 now. Well beyond me, but hes still got a better time in real life.

Like 100 people are getting the second car if he doesn't improve. Lol.

It's going to be hilarious when this car appears in a forzathon a few months from now. ;)

(yes I'm too weak to even try to get close to that record ;))

Top Bottom