• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Loved the demo but does anyone know if you get to design your driver at all? A minor quibble but "default expressionless white guy" is pretty boring. You'd think you'd at least be able to play as a female.

That's definitely something lacking and I've a feeling it won't change in the full game.

I did. Hence my point being the offroad handling is really good and not just the same and as easy as being on the road.

Ah, right. Sorry, just had this fear myself of the difference being made insignificant in FH2 with all of the doubts expressed about videos prior to the demo's release.

E92 M3

For the whole package, reality for me.

Obviously it's only based on the demo and not on a full game. But I love it!

Well, can't wait to get home. Gonna start the download, shower, exit shower, farm in destiny, and then play Horizon for an hour or so.

After looking at those HUD-less screenshots I think I just felt my brain process the thought "those are from Forza Horizon 2, game is released around 2 weeks from now" and then realize "HOLY SHIT NEW FORZA HORIZON IN JUST 2 WEEKS!" like I'm a 3-year-old that's just heard about Christmas.

Horizon 2 Horizon 2 Horizon 2? Horizon 2 Horizon 2 Horizon 2! HORIZON 2!!!

Loved the demo but does anyone know if you get to design your driver at all? A minor quibble but "default expressionless white guy" is pretty boring. You'd think you'd at least be able to play as a female.

Yeah it was the same in FH1 sadly. That's the only real (tiny) complaint I have about the game, because, everything else, holy god damn. I'm envious as hell Playground, it looks incredible.

U2NUMB

Yeah it's a pity. Not expecting RPG character creation levels but even male/female and skin colour options would be cool.

I guess maybe because I felt it was so horrible in the TDU games but I just do not need it in my open world racers. I guess if done right it would be fine but certainly not something I need to round out any package.

Wigwam

Neo Member
I guess maybe because I felt it was so horrible in the TDU games but I just do not need it in my open world racers. I guess if done right it would be fine but certainly not something I need to round out any package.
Like I said, a very minor complaint. Game seems awesome :)

TRI Mike

I checked around the thread for an answer but couldn't find it. What's the size of the demo¿ My internet is quite slow and the size would determine whether I play tonight or tomorrow.

Cheddahz

Banned
I checked around the thread for an answer but couldn't find it. What's the size of the demo¿ My internet is quite slow and the size would determine whether I play tonight or tomorrow.

The size of the demo has been mentioned, but it's around 10 GB (I think)

Kssio_Aug

Its not only hype. It is reality! The game plays so damn good!! The IQ is awesome for an open world game. Also the freedom sense is amazing! So is the sense of speed.

Playing the demo I realized that THIS is the race game I was waiting for! It plays good, it feels good, it is not as punishible as a sim, there are no cops spoiling your experience, there are no "crash to gain nitro"... It is a more arcadey game that focuses on fun. Its fun while racing agains others, its fun while driving alone, it is fun while driving your friends ghosts rivals, and so on! Now you sum it up with more then 200 cars, and many different events, with dynamic weather, day and night real time cicle, planes and trains chilling your events and so on! Damn... Just too good!!

def sim

So your Destiny character could have more of a backstory?

The main character in Destiny wakes up in the future after driving off a cliff in modern day Europe

If the beginning of Destiny is what we're going by, our character died in a drivatar pileup.

Karak

Mine is 40 minutes of gameplay, discussion, technical bits.

A lot of the discussion on my reviews or youtubes revolves around technical bits. So if anyone is interested in some driving, some discussion about AA, resolution, and nifty stuff they did, as well as a sense of speed test. You can check it out. It is not a comparison video to anything else. Instead it is just impressions and some technical notes on all that is going on and how they might be doing it.

Might still be converting. Youtube has been major slow for bigger files these days.
http://youtu.be/nmnmBXsiT5c

What you did there, I see it.

;-)

Wait for the white batch if you're worried. The coil whine seems to be in the Madden bundles from what I've seen.

I had the FIFA 15 + Forza 5 kinect-less bundle. A lot XBO's here in The Netherlands (Tier 2 country) have this annoying issue.

White XBO looks cool but out of place in my set-up with all black consoles.

just look for a Day 1 or Titanfall XB1 bundle, those should be fine

Yes, I've heard those are not affected by the coil whine noise but I don't want to pay for the Kinect because I don't need it.

Wigwam

Neo Member
Love how at the end of the demo it throws up three options to buy the game. I'm guessing there will be a ton of people who were on the fence prior to the demo clicking one of those options.

Top Bottom