• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

MauroNL

Jesus H Christ this game you guys. I had very high expectations going in before the demo and my hype levels were already high, but this demo has exceeded my expectations even more. The graphics, holy lord the look great. The first time the night time kicked in and it started raining, I had to double check if it were real. Love all the little details to like the bright headlights when a car is far away and stuff like that. I also love the fact you can undo the damage on your car with a touch of a button, this always annoyed me in the first game.

I can't wait for the full game now aaarrrgh still two weeks! :(

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I think the game looks fine. I'm not blown away but I am satisfied.

Feels great, nothing better than drifting around a corner at 120 mph and not only maintaining control of your vehicle, but not even being punished in terms of losing speed.

But the dumb ass airplane, helicopter races are back. So lame. You're losing you're losing you're losing OH ITS A MIRACLE YOU CROSSED THE FINISH LINE BEFORE WE TRIGGERED THE FINAL FLY OVER ANIMATION!

Please play the demo with sim handling and no TCS, it's really fun and challenging.

Yep. The initial automatic difficulty setting or whatever it defaults to feels like constant understeer and the difference between paved and unpaved feels very minimal, practically erasing any sense that you're on uneven surfaces with varying traction. The full assist suite being on to start kinda-sorta kills the excitement, basically.

Ecto311

Just me or is this demo resetting if you quit it. I like it and all but damn if I have to sit through that hipster skittles jizz of an intro movie every time I play I might stop and wait for the game.

mr stroke

Wow, this game is incredible. Visually this has to be the best game released on the Xbone so far. First time I have been floored by visuals on the system.

Might have to pick up the Thrustmaster wheel just for this day 1

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wish there was a way to turn off views. Like I just want to switch between cockpit and fully pulled out in one button. I don't need all these other angles.

Hip Hop

Just me or is this demo resetting if you quit it. I like it and all but damn if I have to sit through that hipster skittles jizz of an intro movie every time I play I might stop and wait for the game.

Yeah, this annoyed me a lot. Especially when you can't play online. I think you have to do the initial races to unlock it again.

RulkezX

The demo is fun but I guess I was expecting something mindblowing after reading some of the (now hilarious) reactions in here.

Graphics are good, not great.

I have no idea which game to buy between this and DC, but Forza probably moved up to a definate purchase at some point from a maybe.

Tall Paul

Those don't count. I was actually just competing with you about 20 minutes ago on road finding, lol. Have you gone to all the roads that lead out of the demo area? Or the little half circle roads in the festival center?
just been completing all the roads myself, thought id got them all but small dark grey bits still led off the road to the out if bounds area.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The demo is fun but I guess I was expecting something mindblowing after reading some of the (now hilarious) reactions in here.

Graphics are good, not great.

I have no idea which game to buy between this and DC, but Forza probably moved up to a definate purchase at some point from a maybe.

If you're on the fence then the forza demo is big enough to give you a decent feel for how it drives. You can free roam as long as you like and I think even get friends invited? And if you have PS+ you get a version of DC for free. So you have access to enough data to figure out which you prefer - and they're only a week apart?

arhra

And I know in advance that the hidden roads that don't show up on the map are going to drive me insane. Have 39/41 on the demo but can't find any more.

I hit that point and thought the same thing, but it turns out they're not actually hidden at all - you just have to drive off some of the ones that lead out of the demo area until you get reset back.

Am I detecting Yvonne Strahovski's voice in the "Count to 10" intro?
Best launch trailer in recent years, best intro cinematic, best intro gameplay level, and the gameplay AND visuals and sound and atmosphere has exceeded so many people's expectations... Seriously this is GOTY material. I dont see any upcoming releases in the next few months shattering expectations and blowing the chuncks off the cliff like this. Maybe, hopefully, Sunset Overdrive.

adelante

Commentary-less Demo Gameplay

Recorded with the new Elgato HD60 at 40Mbps

The sense of speed in this game is ridiculous...racing in bonnet cam is gonna be so freakin awesome :O

ijud4V8G04Wbo.gif

dejay

Banned
The demo put a smile on my face. I like the cross country stuff more than I expected - better than the road stuff. There are moments where you narrowly miss an obstacle and it feels great.

I turned on simulated steering and turned off the race line and whilst it's not accurate handling, it hits that balance between arcade and realistic for me.

The visuals are better than the screen shots indicated, although some areas and times look better than others.

Probably day one for me.

p3tran

Banned
guys!

settings/difficulty:

drivatar = Pro
braking = ABS off
steering = Simulation
traction control = Off
stability control = Off
shifting: do as you please
driving line = Off
damage & tire wear = On

settings/hud:
Map = Off
lap time/positio = off
wrong way = off
speedometer = Off

you thank me later

Wow the visuals look great and cockpit view is far better than FM's.

My damn wheel has died.
still doesnt work drugstore?
how did it happen?

It's Horizon, all right, but even better. Yes, that's possible, who knew?

The first race had me grinning and laughing all along; driving anywhere freely, avoiding trees, taking jumps... It's such a joyful, exhilarating feeling.

It's gorgeous visually. There are things to nitpick, sure, but it all comes together in a very attractive package.

And unlike what some people have said, there are load times, maybe 10-15 seconds between races and retries. That's still quite low.

still doesnt work drugstore?
how did it happen?

Nah. Gave up on it tonight mate.

No idea why it stopped working, wheel was fine last time I used it a few weeks ago, couldn't find a similar problem online. Emailed Thrustmaster so hopefully I can get something sorted before the full game is released.

So annoying. My Fanatec wheel broke just as Horizon 1 came out too.

Unity2012

Gorgeous Game; excellent Demo.

I've played a lot of Forza without ever being a true hardcore racing fan; but this Demo sold me quickly.

RoKKeR

One negative I had was that it took friggen forever to find an online freeroam for me to join.

Yeah I couldn't find a match after waiting for around 10 minutes and had to get off to do some work. Wonder if that's just an issue with the servers currently, as it was advertised to be much quicker.

Kssio_Aug

Can someone please explain one thing to me?

From what I've read, the versions are:
Standard: With the 3 day one cars.
Deluxe: With the 3 day one cars + VIP access.
Ultimate: With the 3 day one cars + VIP access + Cars Pass.

Now.. If I buy the Standard edition, and later I buy the VIP access and the Cars Pass, will it be EXACTLY the same as the Ultimate Edition, or pre-ordering the Deluxe or Ultimate will guarantee a special exclusive content that cant be aquired by the standard edition?

Also... Will the Car Pass and the VIP access be available after the game gets released?

Cause I'm thinking about buying the Standard Edition now, and the VIP access and / or the Car Pass next month. But am not sure of the benefits.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just ran through the demo, and just...wow. The physics are a great mix between sim and arcade, graphics/art direction are gorgeous (those road water reflections HNNNNNG), the engine sounds are very well done, and most of all it's fun.

My only gripe (which may not even be valid cause this is a limited demo) is personally I prefer traditional tarmac road races to be the meat of a racer and the off-road stuff to be an extra compliment. It's hard to judge what the balance of event types will be from the demo, but I'm a little worried it's more off road focused.

Megasoum

Banned
The Instant-On on XB1 just never works... Everytime I try to download something from smartglass I get home and the console is completely shutdown.

Sigh, downloading now.

daxter325

Banned
Has anyone tried talking online with a mic for some reason mine doesnt work but in other games (bf4, killer instinct, party chat..) it works.

Seanspeed

Banned
guys!

settings/difficulty:

drivatar = Pro
braking = ABS off
steering = Simulation
traction control = Off
stability control = Off
driving line = Off
damage & tire wear = On

settings/hud:
Map = Off
lap time/positio = off
wrong way = off
speedometer = Off
This is correct. A+. I see you've done your homework.

garbagejuicer

Neo Member
Just played the demo- very fun but the rain effects are a little cheesy. I know the rain on the windshield isn't dynamic but it would be cool if the rain moved with the car on a hard turn like it does in real life. also it would be nice if you'd get extra water from the other cars in front of you. Just an observation, like I said it's really fun.

see5harp

The Instant-On on XB1 just never works... Everytime I try to download something from smartglass I get home and the console is completely shutdown.

Sigh, downloading now.

There was an update yesterday (at least if you're in the preview program). Same thing happened to me when I got off work and 'XBOX On' didn't work.

Gestault

guys!

settings/difficulty:

drivatar = Pro
braking = ABS off
steering = Simulation
traction control = Off
stability control = Off
driving line = Off
damage & tire wear = On

settings/hud:
Map = Off
lap time/positio = off
wrong way = off
speedometer = Off

As far as I'm concerned, this is factually correct.

Rourkey

The sense of speed in this game is ridiculous...racing in bonnet cam is gonna be so freakin awesome :O

ijud4V8G04Wbo.gif

I wish the forza games didn't have so much reflection on the bonnet, I always get a bit disorientated turning left or right and the reflections going in the opposite direction!

Top Bottom