• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Just by playing the first Drive up to the Horizon Festival I fell in love the game. Looks beautiful, the music is great, and handles great. It left a much better impression on me than Forza 5 ever did.

I wish the forza games didn't have so much reflection on the bonnet, I always get a bit disorientated turning left or right and the reflections going in the opposite direction!

Happens to me in FM5. I just paint the hood/bonnet with matte carbon fibre. That cuts down the reflections.

JLck

Does the demo save your progress? If I turn it off do I have to start the demo over?

That's what has happened to me unless there was a way to save/load that I didn't realise.

I've restarted 3 times though. Had to watch the start video and everything.

Deviousx

Does the demo save your progress? If I turn it off do I have to start the demo over?

Yeah unfortunately you will have to go through and watch the intro all over again. Can't skip it for some reason. As much as I love the intro, I wish I could get past it and get straight into racing.

redilyn

Neo Member
Horizon 2 demo is fantastic, I can't wait to get my hands on the full game.
If the small selection from bass arena is any indication, then the music is going to be awesome!

Still not sure which day one edition to get, ultimate is a bit pricey.

cool_dude

Banned
Man, the impression and gifs in this thread are great! I've initiated the download with SmartGlass and can't wait to go home and play it!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dumb question, but is the disc version up for pre-order on amazon.com the day one edition? It doesn't mention it like gamestop.com or coming with the day one cars :\

Ive been out of the loop with this game until the demo, which is amazing. Are all first pressings day one editions and amazon.com isn't listing it correctly?

chugen

irfUDGQ3xBhNc.gif

Revas

guys!

settings/difficulty:

drivatar = Pro
braking = ABS off
steering = Simulation
traction control = Off
stability control = Off
shifting: do as you please
driving line = Off
damage & tire wear = On

settings/hud:
Map = Off
lap time/positio = off
wrong way = off
speedometer = Off

you thank me later

still doesnt work drugstore?
how did it happen?

I'm going to try these settings, knee jerk reaction to the demo is that the cars don't feel "right".Granted I didn't play much of it, but it feels a lot more "arcadey" than I was hoping for.

I'm going to try these settings, knee jerk reaction to the demo is that the cars don't feel "right".Granted I didn't play much of it, but it feels a lot more "arcadey" than I was hoping for.
If its like Horizon 1 you can't tune the arcadey bits out, but you can add quite a bit more texture and depth by ditching all the assists.

gsrjedi

Can someone please explain one thing to me?

From what I've read, the versions are:
Standard: With the 3 day one cars.
Deluxe: With the 3 day one cars + VIP access.
Ultimate: With the 3 day one cars + VIP access + Cars Pass.

Now.. If I buy the Standard edition, and later I buy the VIP access and the Cars Pass, will it be EXACTLY the same as the Ultimate Edition, or pre-ordering the Deluxe or Ultimate will guarantee a special exclusive content that cant be aquired by the standard edition?

Also... Will the Car Pass and the VIP access be available after the game gets released?

Cause I'm thinking about buying the Standard Edition now, and the VIP access and / or the Car Pass next month. But am not sure of the benefits.

yes, VIP looks to be discounted right now for $10 instead of $20 and the car pass is $25. So if you buy them later the total with the game should be $105. The Ultimate is discounted right now for $90 instead of $100, saving you $15 over buying the game now and the packs later. If that's too much, try and at least get the VIP pack for $10 now and the car pack later. That'll save you $10.

EVERYBODY, don't forget to download the launch day DLC. It's in the store right now for free and includes 8 cars. Didn't see this mentioned in the last couple pages.

Evo X

yes, VIP looks to be discounted right now for $10 instead of $20 and the car pass is $25. So if you buy them later the total with the game should be $105. The Ultimate is discounted right now for $90 instead of $100, saving you $15 over buying the game now and the packs later. If that's too much, try and at least get the VIP pack for $10 now and the car pack later. That'll save you $10.

EVERYBODY, don't forget to download the launch day DLC. It's in the store right now for free and includes 8 cars. Didn't see this mentioned in the last couple pages.

I believe that VIP discount only applies if you had VIP in Forza 5. Everybody else has to pay $20.

The Instant-On on XB1 just never works... Everytime I try to download something from smartglass I get home and the console is completely shutdown.

Sigh, downloading now.

Have you marked your console as the "home console". That is something a lot of people haven't done, and prevents the console from downloading the games you buy online afaik.

ZeroEdge

Just finished mucking about in the Demo....it's so damn good...so fun and isn't to arcadey if you turn of TCS and put steering to Sim. Definite Day 1 purchase for me....honestly had more fun with this Demo then the DriveClub one but DriveClub does look better (to me anyway).

Anyway enough typing need to play moar.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Oh snap didnt realize this, thanks for the heads up.

gsrjedi

I believe that VIP discount only applies if you had VIP in Forza 5. Everybody else has to pay $20.

I didn't know, I've got F5 VIP so that could be it. I wonder if that's why I'm seeing a discount on the Deluxe & Ultimate editions as well. If that is the case, then sorry Kssio_Aug, it might not be that much cheaper for you.

Porsche9146

Neo Member
This demo is the first thing that has properly felt next gen for me this entire generation. For the first time ever, I'm thinking is "This wasn't possible before".

Megasoum

Banned
There was an update yesterday (at least if you're in the preview program). Same thing happened to me when I got off work and 'XBOX On' didn't work.

Yeah I know but I downloaded it this morning... I left my console in instant on before leaving for work

How is the boot time? In instant mode it's almost, well, instant. It works for me at least.

Boot time is not too bad but that's not the issue. I don't mind the boot time, I just wish it would download stuff while I'm away.

Have you marked your console as the "home console". That is something a lot of people haven't done, and prevents the console from downloading the games you buy online afaik.

I'll look into it but the console was completely off (not in sleep mode) so doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom