• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

arhra

Do you only get to drive the starting vehicle you select in the demo?

There's an Agera for a Bucket List challenge and a Huracan (IIRC) for a showcase event, but there's no way to go back and switch to one of the other starter cars without quitting out of the demo and starting it again from scratch.

Woh just read a few pages back ppl are saying this game looks just ok?

I have ps4 xbone and a 780ti. I was still impressed by the graphics. Best looking game released in a while.

see5harp

Color me surprised. I really loved the first game and the borderline vague coop hunt stuff but man I did not expect for so many people to outright love the sequel. I don't even remember that many people even playing the first game.

Game4life

Banned
ibjFo7T4USJjon.PNG
ie0ETnPnGYOPI.PNG
iOv7z7rqJaeaq.PNG

Looks sooo good! Playground have outdone themselves. So excited about this game!!!!

ekim

Color me surprised. I really loved the first game and the borderline vague coop hunt stuff but man I did not expect for so many people to outright love the sequel. I don't even remember that many people even playing the first game.

I'm surprised too. I mean... Nearly 40 pages for the demo of a racing game.

see5harp

I'm surprised too. I mean... Nearly 40 pages for the demo of a racing game.

To be honest I remember the whole music festival thing getting snickered at a little bit like the whole setting for Motorstorm. I just love the idea of doing quests online with a group of friends. I wonder if the sequel has those crazy drive across the map quests hunting quests.

There's an Agera for a Bucket List challenge and a Huracan (IIRC) for a showcase event, but there's no way to go back and switch to one of the other starter cars without quitting out of the demo and starting it again from scratch.

Can I permanently use any of those in free roam? So far I can only use the Agera in bucket list.

GoxRx

I finally played the demo and I must say that I'm impressed.

I loved the first one and this feels like a step forward. Can't wait to play the full version

trinest

Probably a really stupid question, but where do I download the demo from? I can't seem to find it? Region Australia. Is there like a direct link to the store page for it?

Aeqvitas

Demo was really fun. First time I actually had fun in an online race. It definitely convinced me to flip the digital preorder switch.

Do I even need to ask about the general consensus of impressions?

Does it just build on the awesome foundation of 1? Any areas where they may have gone backwards?

Any tunes as good as Friendly Fires' 'Hurting'? :)

This is going to be great. Went ahead and bought the Ultimate Edition for $90, which I guess is the Forza 5 VIP price? Not bad for the day one game, car pass and VIP pass.

Anion

Probably a really stupid question, but where do I download the demo from? I can't seem to find it? Region Australia. Is there like a direct link to the store page for it?
Are you looking for it at Xbox.com?
You can use the smart glass app and search for it and it will download to your Xbox one if the xbox is set to instant-on

Fox Mulder

the first game was great and reviewed well, but there's a lot less games on the console this time around.

statham

Debating between the deluxe or ultimate, but not knowing the car packs is kinda like lottery, so I think I'm going to settle for deluxe.

purg3

slept with Malkin
is the half off VIP membership just for preorder? meaning will it go to full price when the game launches?

newsguy

Is anyone having trouble opening this demo? I've downloaded it twice and both times it will not open. It goes to the full screen logo and immediately shuts down and opens my homepage. Anyone??

Debating between the deluxe or ultimate, but not knowing the car packs is kinda like lottery, so I think I'm going to settle for deluxe.
That was my take. Love VIP benefits, but like to scrutinize every pack and car that comes out. Its usually a mix of bad and good, and I've usually sniped the one car I really want from a pack when possible.

If the pass spoke of content besides cars I'd have wavered though.

Shylock

I know they're completely different genres, but the open/off road racing is like a hopped up version of everything I liked about just cruising around the countryside in GTA. So much fun.

RdN

This game is fantastic. Presentation, graphics, engine sounds.. It's just WOW.

The one thing that left me kind of disappointed was the music.. I loved the first game's soundtrack, and was underwhelmed by this one.. Hopefully it'll grow on me as I play.

This game is fantastic. Presentation, graphics, engine sounds.. It's just WOW.

The one thing that left me kind of disappointed was the music.. I loved the first game's soundtrack, and was underwhelmed by this one.. Hopefully it'll grow on me as I play.

BASS BASS BASS! arena

This is my first time playing Horizon and I must say the demo is excellent. Everything just screams quality and the overall presentation is one of the best I've ever seen in any racing game to date.

The last racing game I was heavily invested in was Burnout Paradise and with this and Driveclub coming out I think it's time I get back into them.

So it's safe to say I'll be picking this up. I just have to decide on what edition.

1337Sauce

I am literally trying so hard right now to not download this demo. I want my experience on launch day to be amazing, and I know if I play this today it won't be the same. The hype is through the roof though.

It would appear that the demo is the first little bit of the full game, which is fantastic as you really get a feel for the whole experience. Not sure if XP and stuff carries over though.

Miles X

Beautiful demo, closest I've come to wanting to buy a racing car game since Burnout Revenge since 2005. But still to sim for my liking so will have to pass sadly.

Top Bottom